Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What if...

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
-hides in tavern cellar- They're coming.... Huh? Oh, hey pirates.... Hehe, hehehe... I have some raspberry meringue pies and chamoomile tea... Take a few.... And there's also strawberry tarts...

So, I was wondering, what would happen if the Armada managed to take over the Spiral? Would we Pirates be doomed? Would you be one to fight back, or get yourself to safety?

I know what my pirates would do. Sneaky Emma Everhart would definitely make sure the people in her crew that didn't wish to battle got to safety, and took the rest to battle. She'd fight to the death, that's for sure. She would also probably hide her tea supplies.

Ruthless Keira Moone would most likely hide out somewhere for survival, and strategize a way to destroy the Armada. She'd take a while, however. Then she'd make her move.

Savvy, or Insincere Savannah Underwood as she's better known, would most likely fight off what she felt like fighting then chill in her treasury while trying to think of a world to evacuate to.

What would you do?

Ciao!

Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2012
Why hello Emma. Nice to run into you again. Are you also on the run? No, I'm not exactly on the run. Not yet. Who do you think is coming? Should I run now? Oh, by the way, those tarts were delicious. :)

Scarlet's philosophy runs something along the lines of "Let them give Avery what he deserves, I'm out of here." After finding someplace to hide, she'd go there and wait for a while with her crew and friends, figuring out how to infiltrate Skull Island. When she's figured that out, there will probably be no subtlety while the plan is being carried out. Whoever said all great plans had to be sneaky? Gracie murmurs "It sometimes works better that way Captain." Ratbeard just shrugs. "If it involves blowing something up, I'm in."

Lieutenant
Mar 30, 2011
those pies were decilous ok my witchdocter would hide and eventully destroy kane so he would basiclly him and his companions would destroy him as a team so he would do both then he would become averys sidekick so he fights by teamwork!!

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Hi, Emma! Oh, it is very cool and pleasant in this tavern cellar... a bit hot outside, yes? (In more than one way, perhaps ) And such lovely strawberry tarts! Reminds me of the tiny wild strawberries we would pick at the edges of the field next to the pine woods...

But on to your question, a rather grim one, similar to the one our friend Finnegan asked... and with the same initial difficulty -- How would Kane get our map pieces? We certainly would not hand the map over to him, and if he killed us, he might not find those hidden pieces, and certainly not our mother's. He'd have better luck, if it came to it, ambushing us in El Dorado. And then -- well, if he won, I would think survivability would be poor, to say the least. Anne and Genevieve would fight to the death; Charlotte (who is more of a long range thinker) might withdraw to fight later, but it would very much depend on the situation. If it was fight now or let Kane get ultimate power, then, yes, it's fight to the end too for her.

And then, if we lost, it would kind of be up to Kane, wouldn't it? It would be simpler and more logical for him to kill us, but Kane is too puffed up with pride to be entirely logical. It is possible he might wish to keep us as a trophy (uggh, I wish I hadn't thought of that). Of course we wouldn't surrender... oh, wait, it is possible. Anne and the other pirate girls would surrender if by doing so she could spare her companions (uggh, I don't like that thought either.) Where do I get these ideas? I think I will just have a piece of raspberry pie and talk about the weather now, or better yet, clothes. So, Emma, got the outfit from MooShu with the pretty ribbons yet? (Mine was pink and purple)

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 1, 2013 wrote:
Hi, Emma! Oh, it is very cool and pleasant in this tavern cellar... a bit hot outside, yes? (In more than one way, perhaps ) And such lovely strawberry tarts! Reminds me of the tiny wild strawberries we would pick at the edges of the field next to the pine woods...

But on to your question, a rather grim one, similar to the one our friend Finnegan asked... and with the same initial difficulty -- How would Kane get our map pieces? We certainly would not hand the map over to him, and if he killed us, he might not find those hidden pieces, and certainly not our mother's. He'd have better luck, if it came to it, ambushing us in El Dorado. And then -- well, if he won, I would think survivability would be poor, to say the least. Anne and Genevieve would fight to the death; Charlotte (who is more of a long range thinker) might withdraw to fight later, but it would very much depend on the situation. If it was fight now or let Kane get ultimate power, then, yes, it's fight to the end too for her.

And then, if we lost, it would kind of be up to Kane, wouldn't it? It would be simpler and more logical for him to kill us, but Kane is too puffed up with pride to be entirely logical. It is possible he might wish to keep us as a trophy (uggh, I wish I hadn't thought of that). Of course we wouldn't surrender... oh, wait, it is possible. Anne and the other pirate girls would surrender if by doing so she could spare her companions (uggh, I don't like that thought either.) Where do I get these ideas? I think I will just have a piece of raspberry pie and talk about the weather now, or better yet, clothes. So, Emma, got the outfit from MooShu with the pretty ribbons yet? (Mine was pink and purple)

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
Try the 107 degree air of Texas. XD

Yes, they're a specialty of mine, tarts are so fun to make and decorate, and I've been getting ideas for more baking too... ;)

Indeed. I can think up way darker things than you may think.... XD It would be difficult to find the map pieces we had, so ambushing us in E Dorado by following us while unseen, it would be an easy thing to get we pirates. I know my pirates, and most would fight, but Savvy and Amy are more selfish types, and they're unlikely to fight in the open. They'll take what they want and get out. However, we don't know what waits for us in El Dorado- there could be dragons, foxes, turtles- we don't know.

It would. I'd be pretty unhappy if he won over us. And indeed Anne- such grim thoughts. If he managed to kill us or keep us as trophies (not a pleasant thought!) or imprison us somehow, I wonder what would happen to our crews. They wouldn't have a much better life than us. I imagine someone serving Kane or even himself would kill them. Not a nice thought- Emma would lose it if Gracie or Bonnie left her side, Keira would fight until she died to make an attempt to keep them from dying, Amy and Savvy probably would be too shocked to do anything- Amy especially. Amy's diligent, but she's also selfish, so I don't know if she'd make an effort or not- grim yet again... Savvy's softer, and her entire crew means a lot to her, but she'd be scared, shocked, and most likely really overcome with the effect of her best friends' deaths. Seriously Anne, I told you my mind has more to it than cakes and baking...

The grimness of all this is making me rather upset. XD So, I'm just going to eat this tart and drink some mountain tea and talk of the weather and clothes. Yes, the outfit is gorgeous- I love it so much.

Ciao!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 1, 2013 wrote:

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
Ahh yes, Emma did get her gorgeous new dress and she looks adorable in it. Well worth the wait.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Highlander Fox of ... on Jul 2, 2013 wrote:
Try the 107 degree air of Texas. XD

Yes, they're a specialty of mine, tarts are so fun to make and decorate, and I've been getting ideas for more baking too... ;)

Indeed. I can think up way darker things than you may think.... XD It would be difficult to find the map pieces we had, so ambushing us in E Dorado by following us while unseen, it would be an easy thing to get we pirates. I know my pirates, and most would fight, but Savvy and Amy are more selfish types, and they're unlikely to fight in the open. They'll take what they want and get out. However, we don't know what waits for us in El Dorado- there could be dragons, foxes, turtles- we don't know.

It would. I'd be pretty unhappy if he won over us. And indeed Anne- such grim thoughts. If he managed to kill us or keep us as trophies (not a pleasant thought!) or imprison us somehow, I wonder what would happen to our crews. They wouldn't have a much better life than us. I imagine someone serving Kane or even himself would kill them. Not a nice thought- Emma would lose it if Gracie or Bonnie left her side, Keira would fight until she died to make an attempt to keep them from dying, Amy and Savvy probably would be too shocked to do anything- Amy especially. Amy's diligent, but she's also selfish, so I don't know if she'd make an effort or not- grim yet again... Savvy's softer, and her entire crew means a lot to her, but she'd be scared, shocked, and most likely really overcome with the effect of her best friends' deaths. Seriously Anne, I told you my mind has more to it than cakes and baking...

The grimness of all this is making me rather upset. XD So, I'm just going to eat this tart and drink some mountain tea and talk of the weather and clothes. Yes, the outfit is gorgeous- I love it so much.

Ciao!
[107 degrees! Yeech! Rather embarrassed to admit that it is a quite warm day here in the Temperate Deciduous Forest biome northeast of you where it is presently in the low 80s]

Of course, Emma, mon ami, I know your mind has more to it than cakes and baking -- I should be very foolish if I thought otherwise. You are a clever and intelligent young lady. Just like Anne is more than a girl who likes period pretty clothes, singing, and being sometimes rather silly. But back on topic... it is a good thing that we are discussing this very quietly in a cellar where no one can hear us, and sustained by sweets withal, as it would be difficult to consider the consequences of losing otherwise.

I think Kane is not after the gold of El Dorado. (if in fact it is truly made of gold as the legends attest. And we can't read Marco Pollo's writings, as Kane stole them all. So Kane's got a lot more information. Though maybe we could ask Catbeard...) Rather, Kane is surely after world-destroying powers (and I am sure the Celestial computations have a lot to do with that). What does he want to do with them? One possibility is to destroy all living things in the Spiral. He certainly hates and despises us enough to do that. But then he would be victor of... what? Not much fun being the supreme General of everything if there is no one to gloat over. No, if he won (and he'd better not) he'd make an example of a world that he found particularly annoying (Skull Island probably would have been first on the list at the beginning of the game, but I am sure Kane is finding Marleybone's resistance to his invasion even more irritating). Faced with utter destruction, the other worlds would have little choice but to capitulate. And then, mon ami, if by a miracle our characters survived and escaped Kane (along with their companions), then you bet there would be resistance fighting. But it would be a lot (a lot!) better if we stopped him before he got world-destroying powers!

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Lieutenant
Feb 20, 2010
Oh, here comes the Armada?Well, morals off. I'd snap and brutally slaughter scores of them after someone i loved died. I'd then send a suicide bomb mission into the armada fortress.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 2, 2013 wrote:
[107 degrees! Yeech! Rather embarrassed to admit that it is a quite warm day here in the Temperate Deciduous Forest biome northeast of you where it is presently in the low 80s]

Of course, Emma, mon ami, I know your mind has more to it than cakes and baking -- I should be very foolish if I thought otherwise. You are a clever and intelligent young lady. Just like Anne is more than a girl who likes period pretty clothes, singing, and being sometimes rather silly. But back on topic... it is a good thing that we are discussing this very quietly in a cellar where no one can hear us, and sustained by sweets withal, as it would be difficult to consider the consequences of losing otherwise.

I think Kane is not after the gold of El Dorado. (if in fact it is truly made of gold as the legends attest. And we can't read Marco Pollo's writings, as Kane stole them all. So Kane's got a lot more information. Though maybe we could ask Catbeard...) Rather, Kane is surely after world-destroying powers (and I am sure the Celestial computations have a lot to do with that). What does he want to do with them? One possibility is to destroy all living things in the Spiral. He certainly hates and despises us enough to do that. But then he would be victor of... what? Not much fun being the supreme General of everything if there is no one to gloat over. No, if he won (and he'd better not) he'd make an example of a world that he found particularly annoying (Skull Island probably would have been first on the list at the beginning of the game, but I am sure Kane is finding Marleybone's resistance to his invasion even more irritating). Faced with utter destruction, the other worlds would have little choice but to capitulate. And then, mon ami, if by a miracle our characters survived and escaped Kane (along with their companions), then you bet there would be resistance fighting. But it would be a lot (a lot!) better if we stopped him before he got world-destroying powers!

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
[Its gotten better, but it's still hot. I miss Tennessee....]

-blushes- Thanks, Anne. I think things through a little too much sometimes. XD So many possibilities to the end of the game... It is a good thing we're unheard in the tavern cellar. This topic may disturb some.

What our pirates would do depends on their personalities. As Miss Scarlet said, she'd be one to let Avery receive what we think he deserves. Anne and Genevieve would fight, while Charlotte would think things through as well. Keira and Charlotte have very similar minds, may I add. And Frozenmuskets made a point of saying he'd start taking them out by the ton and then go on a suicide mission. (Grim, may I add.) Emma isn't likely to hang back either, unless you count her hiding in a tree where she can have time to reload her musket and shoot at the clockworks cause clockworks can't climb trees. Unless... I'm imagining Emma and Anne fighting together and Keira and Charlotte hiding out together strategizing. Those four would be an awesome team, just sayin'.

I also doubt Kane going for the treasures and riches El Dorado provides, seeing as a clockwork would have no purpose to use money or jewels. He's definitely more for harnessing the powers Marco Pollo mentioned in his letter. That would give him the ultimate power, and he'd be able to destroy anything he so wished. He could make threats and examples easily, which I'd imagine he'd be likely to do with a favorite companion of ours (Bonnie or Gracie in my case.), just to lead us to giving up. In my view, he'd most likely make an attempt to reach the ultimate control of the entire Spiral (or the Pirates' half). I doubt he'd just wipe everything out, because where would the fun in that be? He'd have no one to rule over. I imagine Kane would blow up Marleybone or Skull Island seeing as those two worlds have gotten on his nerves nonstop. Marleybone most likely won the war with Valencia, and Skull Island is a home to we Pirates. It all depends on which he hates more.

I wanna stop him before he receives world destroying powers as well. If we don't... Well.... I can easily say we're doomed.

Ciao!