Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Opinions on a Clockwork Companion?

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Good day, my friends! How are you? I'm back in the Skyways if ya didn't already know. Oh yes, I have black tea, noodles, and some ginger cakes. Yes, I'm rockin' the Mooshu cuisine!

So, I was reading some of the Shipyards posts, and a ton of them involve ideas for a clockwork companion, but I wanted to know all of your opinions. Do you think the idea of having an enemy on your side, even reprogrammed, wouldn't feel odd or awkward at some points? Would a mindless, soulless pile o' gears and wires really have a change of "heart?" What are your thoughts on the idea?

Personally, I think it's an unrealistic idea. Seriously, the Armada is way too good of an enemy to just suddenly join your side without reason, even if Gracie reprogrammed it or something. It's just so.... weird. If Bishop were by my side, I'd freak out about every five seconds. His voice, appearance, and just everything about him terrify me! Deacon would drive me CRAZY! I'm sorry, but I HATE HIS VOICE. It sounds too human. Rooke would smash me if I said something wrong, plus he's like a tower, too tall to join ya. Queen (or whatever her name is) seems closer to Kane, so that's just plain unrealistic. Phule, are you crazy? He has two sides, dark and evil and the amused one. Sorry, but he'd turn on ya in five seconds flat. Kane.... what in the Spiral? He HATES your pirates. He wants to eliminate them. Or at least his creator does... But still.

I'm sorry, but the idea just doesn't sound plausible. And go ahead and point out all the "flaws" in this post, how the clockwork companion idea is totally realistic, cause I ain't buyin' it. Sorry.

Apologies, I'm in a bad mood.... So, what are your opinions on it?

Ciao!

Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2012
They look nice, but I'd rather not have a Clockwork as a companion for the reasons you stated above. It would seem wrong. I prefer my foes to stay foes. It's easier that way.

Bosun
Apr 26, 2009
IF we were to get a clockwork companion, it would be a marleybone one. Just my opinion

Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
Highlander Fox of ... on Jun 28, 2013 wrote:
Good day, my friends! How are you? I'm back in the Skyways if ya didn't already know. Oh yes, I have black tea, noodles, and some ginger cakes. Yes, I'm rockin' the Mooshu cuisine!

So, I was reading some of the Shipyards posts, and a ton of them involve ideas for a clockwork companion, but I wanted to know all of your opinions. Do you think the idea of having an enemy on your side, even reprogrammed, wouldn't feel odd or awkward at some points? Would a mindless, soulless pile o' gears and wires really have a change of "heart?" What are your thoughts on the idea?

Personally, I think it's an unrealistic idea. Seriously, the Armada is way too good of an enemy to just suddenly join your side without reason, even if Gracie reprogrammed it or something. It's just so.... weird. If Bishop were by my side, I'd freak out about every five seconds. His voice, appearance, and just everything about him terrify me! Deacon would drive me CRAZY! I'm sorry, but I HATE HIS VOICE. It sounds too human. Rooke would smash me if I said something wrong, plus he's like a tower, too tall to join ya. Queen (or whatever her name is) seems closer to Kane, so that's just plain unrealistic. Phule, are you crazy? He has two sides, dark and evil and the amused one. Sorry, but he'd turn on ya in five seconds flat. Kane.... what in the Spiral? He HATES your pirates. He wants to eliminate them. Or at least his creator does... But still.

I'm sorry, but the idea just doesn't sound plausible. And go ahead and point out all the "flaws" in this post, how the clockwork companion idea is totally realistic, cause I ain't buyin' it. Sorry.

Apologies, I'm in a bad mood.... So, what are your opinions on it?

Ciao!
Actually I prefer not to have KANE as a companion, but I would love to have one of the elite court on my crew. Besides, if Kane dies, the elite court will have no one to follow, which makes it a grand opportunity to get one of the elite court on your crew. All it takes is Kane's death, and a little reprogramming, and you have an elite clockwork on your team.

Gracie: As much as it pains me to say this, but he is right, the clockworks and the clockwork elite court are programmed to follow Kane, if Kane dies, that means the elites are up for grabs and are ready to be reprogrammed. Although it will take some time to make them become compatible to being programmed as a pirate, and this is what happened to our first test subject. -plays magic lamp recording-

Clockwork Test Subject: ARGH MATIES, ARGH AR...-crashes onto floor face first-

Gracie: -turns off magic lamp- See what I mean? It will take a while to make the program compatible with the clockworks, otherwise they will go haywire. But I am getting close to creating a compatible program.

Ensign
Dec 09, 2012
I think it would be cool to have atleast one amarda guy as a companion and not like the elite guys like deacon or kane because that would just be weird. It would be like a general or something (if amarda have generals idk if they do x.x) and you have to kidnap him for some info about the amarda and you have to go to this genuis guy to program him to tell the truth but the genuis guy also programs him to be part of your crew (change if heart if you like to call that but i mean they dont really have a heart so :P) it also be cool if the armada guy would be one of those flying guys that they have in the tutorial.
(Sry i have bad spelling and i dont know what every single thing is called x.x)
Krystal Everhart Lvl. 53 Witchdocter

Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
Weasley: So Mark, I've decided to try engineering my very own custom armada trooper.

Mark: Wow, Weasley! So how have you been going with it.

Weasley: It's been going horrible! Do you want to watch my test recording?

Mark: OK.....

*Test recording*

Weasley: And...action!

Test clockwork: THE PRISONER MUST NOT BE ALLOWED ALLOWED ALLOWED ALLOWED...ALLO...ALL...*Explodes*

Weasley: Next...

Test clockwork: MY LITTLE FOX HUNT IS IS IS...OV...*Falls on face*

Weasley: More...

Test clockwork: THIS STATION WILL PRE...*Falls backwards*

*Test recording ends*

Weasley: See what I mean?

Mark: Yep. Maybe I can fix the clockworks.

*80 fixtures later*

Mark: There you go. The clockwork should function properly. I turned it into an RC machine and added eyes connected to the controller, so you can see what the clockwork is looking at.

Clockwork: I SERVE.

Weasley: Mark, you've done it! Now we can sneak into Cadiz!

Clockwork: YOUR WISH IS MY COMMAND.

Weasley: Enter Cadiz unseen. Switch to control mode.

Clockwork: SWITCHING TO CONTROL MODE...

--Meanwhile at Cadiz--

Bishop: Show me your ID Card, Marine.

Clockwork: ID SHOWING...

Bishop: It is validated. Enter the court.

Weasley: It's working like a charm! We can finally spy on Kane!

Mark: Now let's switch to view and hear mode.

--In the court--

Kane: Today we shall seek out the La Dorada Sol Gateway. You can find it in a secret part of Arroyo Grande.

Weasley: Perfect! We have all the info we need.

(TO BE CONTINUED)

Petty Officer
Jan 01, 2013
Maybe you have to go on a quest to find a manual in an armada factory(armada building armada) and get an instruction manual. Or you have to find the Valencian who invented the armada(if he's still living) and get him to tell you how armada work. Then every clockwork you defeat will serve you, and soon Kane will be surrounded armada that are loyal to you. But then Kane defeats every single one of them by himself, and you're back to square one.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
Mark Laveer on Jun 30, 2013 wrote:
Weasley: So Mark, I've decided to try engineering my very own custom armada trooper.

Mark: Wow, Weasley! So how have you been going with it.

Weasley: It's been going horrible! Do you want to watch my test recording?

Mark: OK.....

*Test recording*

Test clockwork: THE PRISONER MUST NOT BE ALLOWED ALLOWED ALLOWED ALLOWED...ALLO...ALL...*Explodes*

Weasley: Next...

Test clockwork: MY LITTLE FOX HUNT IS IS IS...OV...*Falls on face*

Weasley: More...

Test clockwork: THIS STATION WILL PRE...*Falls backwards*

*Test recording ends*

Weasley: See what I mean?

Mark: Yep. Maybe I can fix the clockworks.

*80 fixtures later*

Mark: There you go. The clockwork should function properly. I turned it into an RC machine and added eyes connected to the controller, so you can see what the clockwork is looking at.

Clockwork: I SERVE.

Weasley: Mark, you've done it! Now we can sneak into Cadiz!

Clockwork: YOUR WISH IS MY COMMAND.

Weasley: Enter Cadiz unseen. Switch to control mode.

Clockwork: SWITCHING TO CONTROL MODE...

--Meanwhile at Cadiz--

Bishop: Show me your ID Card, Marine.

Clockwork: ID SHOWING...

Bishop: It is validated. Enter the court.

Weasley: It's working like a charm! We can finally spy on Kane!

Mark: Now let's switch to view and hear mode.

--In the court--

Kane: Today we shall seek out the La Dorada Sol Gateway. You can find it in a secret part of Arroyo Grande.

Weasley: Perfect! We have all the info we need.

(TO BE CONTINUED)
Weasley: Wait, something is wrong.

Clockwork: alright, alright, alright, alrightalrightalrightalrightalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll...-explodes-

Kane: BISHOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bishop:

Mark: How did this happen?

Quentin: I actually did you a favor, keep watching.

Kane: I hope your watching this, pirate, I knew the whole time. One day, I WILL get the drop on you, you can count on that -punches camera lens-.

Weasley: He tried to mislead us?

Quentin: Indeed, I looked all over, and the El Dorado Stormgate was nowhere to be seen, just a bunch of clockworks waiting to ambush unsuspecting pirates.

Ensign
Nov 01, 2009
I agree that having Rooke or Bishop or any of the other elite amarda would be wierd. So I think we should just get an armada marine or an armada sniper or something. I don't know, it's just an idea.

Clever Anthony Jones, level 65 swahbuckler

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
To be honest i would at least like one clockwork compainion AT LEAST ONE but after the el dorado storyline and or after the next chapter

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
*twitch twitch*, just *twitch* no... Bad... bad experience with... *twitch*

***Flashback***

Me~ Merry Christmas, momm-

Mom~ Go to bed, Belle!

Me~ But why? It's noon...

*Bang on door*

Armada~ We have your ship surrounded. Escape is not an option, pirates!

*dad barricades door*

Dad~ Do what your mother says, Belle.

Mom~ Follow me, darling.

*follows mom to lifeboat*

Me~ Uh... mom..?

*Loud crash and can hear dad fighting, then hears nothing *

Me~ Dad..?!

*mom throws me onto lifeboat and sets me adrift towards Mooshu*

Me~ MOMMY?!

*sees cannon balls attacking my parent's ship, eventually sinking it *

***Flashback ends***

Me~ MOMMY!

Please... *twitch* please, no Armada companions. *twitch, twitch*

Ensign
Nov 15, 2010
The clockworks should stay enemies. If they could just be reprogrammed (which is a poor design choice in a mechanical soldier) their designer probably have tried to do so already.

I don't think even Phule would make a good companion. I don't think he likes us as much as he thinks we're a good laugh. To him, our attempts to stop the Armada are so pathetic it's a joke.

@Bloody Bell- you hit the nail on the head for people that picked the Armada for how you're parents died. It would just be wrong for an Armada soldier to join the crew.