Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New Game Tutorial feedback

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I enjoyed the game's new tutorial back in Test, and it was way more exciting than the former, much more fun, and has more dialogue in it, too! It was amazing! I do have some thoughts about it, though.

First, Deacon sees Boochbeard and Mr. Gandry trying to escape with the PC and one of the MooShu 5 Companions, but he says, "What's this? Boochbeard! Trying to steal my prize, you ruffian?". He only speaks to Boochbeard, but not to Gandry, and doesn't refer to one of the MooShu 5 Companions, too. Also, he says another line, "I think not. The prisoner must not be allowed to escape! Take them!". He should refer to the two prisoners escaping his prison ship. I think his dialogue lines should be revised to "What's this? Boochbeard! Mr. Gandry! Trying to steal my prizes, you ruffians?" and "The prisoners must not be allowed to escape!". It would be much better if Deacon included them in his dialogue lines.

Second, after beating the Batle Angels aboard Deacon's ship, and before Deacon summoning the Armada Dragoons, Boochbeard and Mr. Gandry does not teach the PC about "Regular Experience", and how it increases as quests complete and defeating enemies before trying to bring Deacon down. They should give a quick lesson about Regular Experience, but also tells them that the lesson about Nautical Experience will come later, and must seize Deacon before he attempts to summon reinforcements, which he does.

Those are my thoughts about the game's new tutorial. Thoguht the dialogue lines could use some more revising. Thanks for listening!