Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Unified Spiral Theory

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
I've been traveling the spiral for some time now and I've noticed; there are a lot of simularities between worlds of the spiral. There are simularities in both geographical features and in indigenous societies. For example, there are frogs all over the spiral, but not all are the exact same, the frog pirates of Skull Island tend to be smaller than the Street Sweeper Frogs of Marleybone City. As for geographical simularities I'm sure you pirates have all notices how alike the surface of Celestia is to Skull Island.
I believe that these are not coincidences, but are suggestive of a time when all the worlds of the Spiral were united into one large world. If I remember correctly, there is even a giant talking tree in of the worlds that claims to have "sung" this unified world into creation and is still holding the various wolds together by magic. As Pirates we all know that while Voodoo exists a type of magic that can hold whole worlds together seem kinda weird.

That's my theory, but I would like to hear back from anyother well traveled pirates.

Red Scarlet

Bosun
May 06, 2009
CdeWinter on Jun 15, 2013 wrote:
I've been traveling the spiral for some time now and I've noticed; there are a lot of simularities between worlds of the spiral. There are simularities in both geographical features and in indigenous societies. For example, there are frogs all over the spiral, but not all are the exact same, the frog pirates of Skull Island tend to be smaller than the Street Sweeper Frogs of Marleybone City. As for geographical simularities I'm sure you pirates have all notices how alike the surface of Celestia is to Skull Island.
I believe that these are not coincidences, but are suggestive of a time when all the worlds of the Spiral were united into one large world. If I remember correctly, there is even a giant talking tree in of the worlds that claims to have "sung" this unified world into creation and is still holding the various wolds together by magic. As Pirates we all know that while Voodoo exists a type of magic that can hold whole worlds together seem kinda weird.

That's my theory, but I would like to hear back from anyother well traveled pirates.

Red Scarlet
This is a sound theory (and actually true story) made by Kingsisle's writers on Wizard101's story. You just found it in an interesting way. Yes, the Spiral once was one. There was once a First World but was torn apart by the first creatures, the Titons. This is how the old legend goes that only the Wizards know of:

In the beginning, after the Great One hung the stars in the skies, there were only 2 beings: The Grandfather Tree, Bartleby, and the Grandmother Raven, Lady Nightstar. They lived in a land potent in Magic, known as the First World. Grandmother Raven gifted Bartelby the Eye of History and the Eye of the Future. To fill the vast land, Bartleby sung the Song of Creation, using the Eyes' power, and gave birth to three great creatures: the Giants, the Dragons, and the Tritons. The Giants built grand Ice Castles in the Skies. The Dragons ruled the land and kept the world warm. The Tritons, masters of the waves, crafted underwater civilizations below the sea. But then things went wrong.

Bartleby's children began to fight. The Dragons set fires to melt the castles of the Giants. The Giants stole water from the Tritons to build their castles. The Tritons sent tsunamis to take over the land of the Dragons. The three races fought tremendously and furiously. Bartleby and Grandmother Raven watched in horror as the First World was literally torn apart. Islands formed and drifted away from Bartleby.

Bartleby sang a song to put his children to rest and end the war. But the First World was no more than only islands. Bartleby and Grandmother Raven fashioned a Spiral to bind the floating Worlds together. This, my friends, created the Spiral.

Within each world, being isolated from on another, different creatures created their own civilizations. Some were very advanced like Celestia, Empyrea, Azteca, Dragonspyre, Marleybone, Krokotopia, Valencia and El Dorado, and others a little less like Polaris, Skull Island, Gobblerton, Cool Ranch, Candy World, Monquista, and Wizard City. Some strange and exotic like Zafaria, MooShu, Rajah, Darkmoor, and Mirage. And some simply old like Avalon or Grizzleheim. It was not until the Celestians and the Heros of Aquila connected the Worlds with World Gates and Windlanes and Stormgates. It is how we, now, have our strong ties, realization, and understanding to different places and creatures. And may even maps to new untold of realms...

This story remains true to the greatest Wizards in the Spiral. It is, in fact, how it all began. However, we Pirates are not a knowledgable about this Story and, as such, is but an urban legend. Pirates may never know how the Spiral was created, but we will have an adventure journeying to the different lands across the Spiral and enter the Legend.

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
In W101 Bartleby, the elder tree told the PC that all the worlds of the spiral were linked at one point, but it split into many for a reason I can't remember. He also said that there are still powerful magic bonds that keep the worlds in their "orbit", but it has never really been specified where the worlds are, and which are near which.