Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

HELP, my "X" button is broken

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 09, 2011
Simplest of ideas that would eliminate a lot of frustration...

I am really tired of pressing "X" to open a chest after a battle. Many a time that I have had time expire while mashing the "X" button as it goes unrecognised. I keep reading "collect the chests quickly" and frustration builds as there is no opening some hard earned chests... WHY? Why won't they open. Mash that "X" button harder? No, that doesn't work. Hit it time after time? Still nothing.... Finally, the character changes from clear to solid and the hard earned chests just dissapear.

What did I do wrong? Why was I punished?

PLEASE... eliminate this frustration. I understand pressing "X" to interact with NPCs, to initiate a battle, to enter a dungeon. These are all optional actions.

Can't we just walk over a chest to open them? We do it to collect yum... It's an easy fix.

Please provide some feedback on this issue

First Mate
May 01, 2012
Try buying some inexpensive key boards that you can use only for playing Pirate101 and Wizard101. Then, when the 'x' key no longer seems to work, you'll have a replacement handy. Since a special key board is not necessary for P101 or W101, this should be a possible work around.