Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Friend Timer

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
I think a good idea is to be reminded after 4 months is a friend hasn't logged in. This would be a good idea so you only have friends who still play and so you don't have to go searching for friends to delete to make room for more. The reminder would say:"Tireless Evan Evans hasn't logged on in 4 months. Would you like to delete he/she from your friends list?" I think this would be really helpful. Also, if you put your cursor over the person's name, it would show you there image, equipment etc. Does anybody else think this would be helpful?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I think the timer is a great idea. Also I would love to see some sort of icon on the friend's name that would let me know that they do not have open chat. It is hard to remember who I need to be more creative with my speech because they cannot see a lot of the words.

Community Leader
I wouldnt want the feature as a mouseover, I do believe we can click on the name, and click to see their stats and information as it currently is. Mouseovers are popups that tend to cover the screen when we do not want them to. Id rather we only get the information when specifically asking for it (making the appropriate clicks).

As for an indicator of friends that have not been in for awhile, id have to say no, at least as far as having the game prompt me. If everyone played one pirate, then it might be ok, but we all can play up to 6.

I have many friends that have multiple pirates (I have 5, almost all my friends have 4-6 pirates). They do not play all their pirates all the time. I wouldnt want the system prompting me to remove friends simply because they have been playing on another pirate. I want these on my list in case they decide to play the older pirate (like when updates such as todays occur). I also dont want to have to try and figure out who it is im being asked to remove either, pirate names are a bit too generic to go solely from a name. It would be nice to have a time since last logon displayed on the character information page(s) we see after clicking to see the information.

Regarding chat. Player names in the game should have either a chat bubble with a circle/line through it, indicating Menu chat, a chat bubble indicating text chat, or no bubble at all indicating open chat, however maybe the same indicator (rather small) on the friends list would be nice for those times your talking and not in the vacinity of your friend.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
Chrissy Th'Blesser on May 23, 2013 wrote:
I think the timer is a great idea. Also I would love to see some sort of icon on the friend's name that would let me know that they do not have open chat. It is hard to remember who I need to be more creative with my speech because they cannot see a lot of the words.
That would be nice. Do you mean in addition to my idea or just in general. In general, anyone with an X'ed out bubble by there name cant hear you "Creatively" ha-ha. Also: Ofxsaint, I think a good idea is if you have multiple pirate, you choose which one is your main one and your other pirates get 6 months until a reminder is set out to all of there friends.

First Mate
May 01, 2012
I'd like to suggest a modification of the "Friend Timer" idea. Instead of the timer going off if the Pirate has not been played in 6 months, why not relate it to the account being accessed in the past 6 months (the one that originated the Pirate)? The players don't need to know the account name since this would all be handled through KI. I know if I haven't played in over 6 months on a particular account, I'm not going to remember who my friends are, where I met them, or what I was doing when I met them.

I like OFxSaint's idea for indicating which Pirates have which Chat capabilities. This is something that is definitely needed.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
EMC99 on May 24, 2013 wrote:
That would be nice. Do you mean in addition to my idea or just in general. In general, anyone with an X'ed out bubble by there name cant hear you "Creatively" ha-ha. Also: Ofxsaint, I think a good idea is if you have multiple pirate, you choose which one is your main one and your other pirates get 6 months until a reminder is set out to all of there friends.
Yea I mean in general. I am aware of the current system of telling them apart if I can see them. I mean when someone is talking to me in private chat, I have no way of knowing if they can see all my words until they have to tell me they didn't understand and then there is that awkward moment when I realize they don't have open chat and I always feel like I was just rude to them. Maybe just something as simple as putting players who have open chat, have their name show up in italics. The menu chat ones are fairly easy, if someone initiates a conversation in menu chat I stay with it until they say something that is not menu. I just have too many friends to remember who the open and limited chat ones are and I feel silly asking someone if they have open chat and they sometimes tease (in a friendly way of course) me for not remembering that they have it.

Ensign
Sep 02, 2012
I agree with this topic some of my friends in wizard101 havent been on for a while

Chase