Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ship Fighting

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 01, 2009
In my opinion, ship fights aren't as interesting as they could be. As it stands, their really isn't much incentive for someone to bring their friends onto their ship (no matter how high level it is) to go for some looting. If you're someone on your friends ship, all you do is stand around for a LONG ship fight fixing tokens that don't really have much impact. The traps aren't much of a nuisance in the actual fight.

My proposition is to put crew mountable cannons on ships, ranging from 2 (skiff) to 4 (galleon) cannons on each side. Also, tokens should also HEAL a very small portion of the ships health when completed, keeping a ship alive. This might encourage people to bring their friends with them questing or looting where each person on the ship can have a role to play. Some people can work the cannons while others help repair the ship.

(This next paragraph might not be practical but, I think it would be cool.)However, these changes would be more effective if it would encourage high levels to team up with (or higher, for those role players out there) low levels. As it stands people are really only low levels if they are on trial accounts, and their are no trial account areas that are appealing for high levels to farm in. It would be cool if their was a new area in skull island (or at least a few high level boss ships with random respawn locations strewn about) that everyone could go to, but was difficult enough that low level ships would just get blown up. High levels could hire people to work the cannons in order to go on farming trips.

As I have seen so far in this game, there is very little incentive for people to work together. Fights just take too long when their are more people. These propositions might fix that in at least the ship fighting department.

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
Ether165 on Feb 28, 2013 wrote:
In my opinion, ship fights aren't as interesting as they could be. As it stands, their really isn't much incentive for someone to bring their friends onto their ship (no matter how high level it is) to go for some looting. If you're someone on your friends ship, all you do is stand around for a LONG ship fight fixing tokens that don't really have much impact. The traps aren't much of a nuisance in the actual fight.

My proposition is to put crew mountable cannons on ships, ranging from 2 (skiff) to 4 (galleon) cannons on each side. Also, tokens should also HEAL a very small portion of the ships health when completed, keeping a ship alive. This might encourage people to bring their friends with them questing or looting where each person on the ship can have a role to play. Some people can work the cannons while others help repair the ship.

(This next paragraph might not be practical but, I think it would be cool.)However, these changes would be more effective if it would encourage high levels to team up with (or higher, for those role players out there) low levels. As it stands people are really only low levels if they are on trial accounts, and their are no trial account areas that are appealing for high levels to farm in. It would be cool if their was a new area in skull island (or at least a few high level boss ships with random respawn locations strewn about) that everyone could go to, but was difficult enough that low level ships would just get blown up. High levels could hire people to work the cannons in order to go on farming trips.

As I have seen so far in this game, there is very little incentive for people to work together. Fights just take too long when their are more people. These propositions might fix that in at least the ship fighting department.
Nice cannon idea, it's mentioned elsewhere but I forget where. And the reason why people don't work together is because you likely haven't been to subata yet and none of you or friend have formed ship hunting gangs. Hunting gangs as their called are a group of people any level who are united under a goal which they have been informed of or figured out. The goal is to kill ships for both quests for those with the quests and loot. Today I was hunting ships just for nautical level up (forgot to mention that in the goals list) and treasure. My friend had called me to hunt so when you wanna kill ships just ask a few friends, or if no friend on people around you.

OK

Ensign
Mar 01, 2009
noahdd on Mar 3, 2013 wrote:
Nice cannon idea, it's mentioned elsewhere but I forget where. And the reason why people don't work together is because you likely haven't been to subata yet and none of you or friend have formed ship hunting gangs. Hunting gangs as their called are a group of people any level who are united under a goal which they have been informed of or figured out. The goal is to kill ships for both quests for those with the quests and loot. Today I was hunting ships just for nautical level up (forgot to mention that in the goals list) and treasure. My friend had called me to hunt so when you wanna kill ships just ask a few friends, or if no friend on people around you.

OK
Yeah, I pitched the idea a couple of months ago too. However, I have been to subata, but not in any hunting gangs. It's cool that people are working together (Kind of) in ship fighting with these hunting gangs, but it would be even better if not everyone just hand to unbottle their ship. Why can't some crews just fight on one ship?

Having the best ship should feel more prestigious, but the only option right now is for everyone to bring their own ship. Heck, it would be cool if anyone who didn't have a good enough ship to sail certain skyways could just be shanghaied to help on a big ship.

Ensign
Mar 08, 2009
n my opinion, ship fights aren't as interesting as they could be. As it stands, their really isn't much incentive for someone to bring their friends onto their ship (no matter how high level it is) to go for some looting. If you're someone on your friends ship, all you do is stand around for a LONG ship fight fixing tokens that don't really have much impact. The traps aren't much of a nuisance in the actual fight.

I think this is a good idea. It was done in Pirates of the Burning Sea (PotBS) and was pretty successful. It was a more complex naval battle in that game, but it could easily be done on this game. What we saw happen in PotBS, was more people would group together on their ships and PvP or go after epic BOSSes, that required a group to take down. IT was never intended for farming (for xp, gold, loot or whatever), but we did use it to farm lower mobs. All tell ya, when your faced with even 3 or more low level frigates, and your in a galleon, it helps a LOT to have a couple of extra gunman!!

So, great idea matey!! Im sure the devs can work out the mechanics and particulars without too much trouble.