Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Life fountain question?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 21, 2010
the tutorial says the life fountain is to heal you and your companions, but all i has seen it do so far is bring my companions back to life. If my health meter is not full (and I have no downed companions) i can interact with it. but all i get is a light show and no healing. is the life fountain not supposed to heal your player?

Ensign
Jun 13, 2009
The life fountain heals the player too, but it's a slow heal over time for the player whereas it's an instant revive for companions.

Ensign
Oct 13, 2012
Captain Nakita on Feb 10, 2013 wrote:
the tutorial says the life fountain is to heal you and your companions, but all i has seen it do so far is bring my companions back to life. If my health meter is not full (and I have no downed companions) i can interact with it. but all i get is a light show and no healing. is the life fountain not supposed to heal your player?
well i never had this happen to me your computer must have a glitch with that

Lieutenant
Apr 23, 2010
It makes it so you automatically heal overtime in the place where the life fountain is. But it does not automatically heal all of your health.
Bristly Kevin

Ensign
Dec 31, 2012
It will, but slowly. If you hang around the area around the life fountain, you'll slowly see your health recover, bit by bit.

Fair Winds and Following Skies,
~~Noir The Sable

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
I think when the life fountain was said to heal you, it was to bring your health up a point or two to fit in the category of "alive" when you get defeated. However, I agree that the message doesn't do what it implies. I'm just thankful that it heals my companions - too many Swashbucklers, too little Yum.

Vivan los piratas! (Long live the pirates!)

D.S. Devereaux

Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
The healing it provides isn't instant, you full up over time. If you enter an area with enemies, that regeneration stops.

Ensign
Feb 12, 2012
Yes, it does heal you but only a little bit over time. This took a while to figure out too lol. If you leave the area with the fountain, it will stop healing you. Hope this helps

Ensign
Dec 15, 2012
yeah its not suppose to heal you just your companion other than that and acting as a kind of check point its useless

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
It does heal you, but not all at once. You will receive several packets of healing over time until you are either fully healed or leave the safe zone where the fountain is located.

Unless you annoyed some witchdoctor who put some serious bad mojo on you, of course.

-Michael

Ensign
Nov 10, 2012
You do get healing just not all of you healed at once! You get a little at a time and will get fully healed over time, but you will be healed just wait a little while!

Lieutenant
Feb 03, 2012
You health will slowly heal afterwards, in this game you don't regain heal in neutral areas, you have to use a life fountain to restore health, so in the higher levels it'll take a while before your health can be fully healed.

Ensign
Aug 21, 2010
i have found that you already heal slowly over time without the life fountain, so long as your not in an area with enemies or your ship. so if the creators do not want the life fountain to completely heal you then they should take the "you" part out of the narration. thank you for the insite :)

Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
Captain Nakita on Feb 12, 2013 wrote:
i have found that you already heal slowly over time without the life fountain, so long as your not in an area with enemies or your ship. so if the creators do not want the life fountain to completely heal you then they should take the "you" part out of the narration. thank you for the insite :)
I haven't seen this happen. Are you sure you aren't picking up yums?

Administrator
Captain Nakita on Feb 12, 2013 wrote:
Hmmm, it shouldn't work that way. Do you happen to remember what zone you were in? Like PsychoChickenz said, you probably just picked up a yum fruit, but I am curious to know if there is a zone that's acting funny.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
"i have found that you already heal slowly over time without the life fountain..."

I don't think so. I'll bet you were hit by red yums floating by when you weren't looking. If you stand around for a time in an area that generates yums, some will eventually hit you.