Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Big Guns Not working as card states!

AuthorMessage
Bosun
May 10, 2010
Big Guns, the Privateer's 3 Barrage spell, is supposed to have infinite range, hit 9 squares and have 100% chance to leave fire on enemy squares. This is not working as it states. Most times 0 fires are left on remaining empty squares, occasionally 1 or 2 fires.

I would expect this from the Barrage 2 spell which has only a 50% chance to leave fires on enemy squares, but not the 100%.

It also does not matter where I am casting this, on my ship, on their ship, on land, away from my companions, in case someone wanted to say, if a friendly was near, it would no longer be an enemy territory.

Please look into this and fix it, thanks.

Developer
I have tried it on a boat,
I have tried it with my goat
It works in skyways and on land.
It works! It works! I swear it, man.

My Swash would like to add her testament,
(She's got it on her Chang Sing Vestament.)
Out on the Friar's frozen water,
The Big Guns work just like they ought'er!

It works above ground, it works in caverns
It works in fights beneath the tavern.
I have a screen shot and a movie,
It works and it is super groovy!

Bosun
May 10, 2010
Ratbeard on Feb 8, 2013 wrote:
I have tried it on a boat,
I have tried it with my goat
It works in skyways and on land.
It works! It works! I swear it, man.

My Swash would like to add her testament,
(She's got it on her Chang Sing Vestament.)
Out on the Friar's frozen water,
The Big Guns work just like they ought'er!

It works above ground, it works in caverns
It works in fights beneath the tavern.
I have a screen shot and a movie,
It works and it is super groovy!
lol, you are one funny Rat.

However, I would mostly agree with you, but, last night, while OfxSaint and I were questing, I tested this out on my Privateer again to see if it was working correctly. Yes, 3x it did work perfectly, however 1x it did not leave a fire on 1 square that it should have.

It is a lot better than the last time I checked it, I admit that, and 1 square is not too much to complain about, but 1 square is still not 100%, now is it? And I have a witness that can verify this.

Developer
Darth JT on Feb 9, 2013 wrote:
lol, you are one funny Rat.

However, I would mostly agree with you, but, last night, while OfxSaint and I were questing, I tested this out on my Privateer again to see if it was working correctly. Yes, 3x it did work perfectly, however 1x it did not leave a fire on 1 square that it should have.

It is a lot better than the last time I checked it, I admit that, and 1 square is not too much to complain about, but 1 square is still not 100%, now is it? And I have a witness that can verify this.
The issue isn't with the power, so it's likely something to do with the target tile. It will only leave fires in empty tiles and only if that tile is "in enemy territory."

Most, but not all, battle boards are set up to know which side belongs to whom, an extra little piece of data the power relies on in order to determine if we can leave a fire burning there or not.

You got a dud tile.