Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Side Story Arcs

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I wish to see a side story arc made in Pirate101, One-Eyed Jack. We've got our main story arc going, but Pirates may need to embark on side story arc adventures, too. Surely, there is plenty more trouble in the Spiral than just the Armada. I wish to go on a side story arc adventures, so we can see new places and worlds, battle new enemies, complete more new quests, and even recruit more new Companions to add to our crew, for both class-exclusive and all class Pirates! It would be nice to see more new adventures. Thanks for listening!

Developer
Trimond297 on Jan 9, 2013 wrote:
I wish to see a side story arc made in Pirate101, One-Eyed Jack. We've got our main story arc going, but Pirates may need to embark on side story arc adventures, too. Surely, there is plenty more trouble in the Spiral than just the Armada. I wish to go on a side story arc adventures, so we can see new places and worlds, battle new enemies, complete more new quests, and even recruit more new Companions to add to our crew, for both class-exclusive and all class Pirates! It would be nice to see more new adventures. Thanks for listening!
We have a LOT of side content, but we try to keep the storylines confined to a single book. In each book, we will typically have a bunch of basic, typical sidequests, but then there are the special ones - chains or longer quests with lots of embellishment. Of the top of my head, the bigger side arcs that leap to mind are;

The MooShu Falcon
The Rat Pack
Bobby Bones
Dos Amigos y Uno
The Mark Clemens quests
Moo Manchu
The Jolly Ranchers
The Monquistan Theological Debate (which came first?)
The Captain Reynolds quests

Will we ever have whole worlds that are just side trips? Probably not before the El Dorado plot is finished - that has to remain our primary focus.

And bear in mind that every new book we release will be replete with side quests - our target is about as many as the MooShu books.