Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Messed up accounts

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 15, 2009
I have once again written to "contact us"...as I have in the past, several times, when playing Wizard101. (I think I'm logged into my daughters account at the moment though)

1) I started playing both these games before my child did and obviously the credit card used is mine...she's only 11. By our log in names it's obvious who's name is on the CC.

2) For some reason when she was added to the account later they made her the adult!

3) I only want her to be able to have menu chat but that is not an option because they have her down as an adult...which not only is VERY frustrating but also breaking their own rules!

4) I've offered any type of proof they wanted....all I've gotten back is a form letter saying they "can't" change the accounts. Not that hard to check what I just wrote above. So really "can't" means "won't"

Due to these reasons I cancelled her Wizard and now her Pirate account.

The reason I'm writing on here is not only to see if this has happened to anyone else and find out if they were able to resolve it but also maybe it will get someones attention. Things like this should not happen. It's not only very frustrating but also unsafe.

I give this a day before it's deleted!

Administrator
The chat features are accessible by logging into your account on the main site (www.wizard101.com or www.pirate101.com). Click on the "My Accounts" link and then select the “Parental Controls” tab. Sign in using your Master Password to see the chat options. First disable Open Chat and then Filtered Text chat in order to restrict the account to Menu Chat.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Petty Officer
Mar 18, 2009
OliviaJMH on Jan 3, 2013 wrote:
I have once again written to "contact us"...as I have in the past, several times, when playing Wizard101. (I think I'm logged into my daughters account at the moment though)

1) I started playing both these games before my child did and obviously the credit card used is mine...she's only 11. By our log in names it's obvious who's name is on the CC.

2) For some reason when she was added to the account later they made her the adult!

3) I only want her to be able to have menu chat but that is not an option because they have her down as an adult...which not only is VERY frustrating but also breaking their own rules!

4) I've offered any type of proof they wanted....all I've gotten back is a form letter saying they "can't" change the accounts. Not that hard to check what I just wrote above. So really "can't" means "won't"

Due to these reasons I cancelled her Wizard and now her Pirate account.

The reason I'm writing on here is not only to see if this has happened to anyone else and find out if they were able to resolve it but also maybe it will get someones attention. Things like this should not happen. It's not only very frustrating but also unsafe.

I give this a day before it's deleted!
1.) KI doesn't determine age by account names, only the birth date entered at account creation.

2.) KI doesn't determine the master/adult account. The player does. If you were logged in as your daughter (like you were making the original post above) when adding accounts or creating the master password, then that account becomes the "adult" account.

3.) One-Eyed Jack already answered this question.

4.) They can't change the master account designation. It has always been the policy.....

"IMPORTANT NOTE* When you create a Family of Accounts, each account is still considered an individual account for billing and account settings purposes. For Instance, if the Family Master is subscribed the subscription does not apply to the Sub accounts. Each of those accounts must subscribe individually to have advanced access. Also, once a family account is created and accounts are added to them we are unable to unlink the sub accounts or switch which account is the family master."

https://kingsisle.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/92

They also can't change the birth date. It has always been the policy....

"You enter your date of birth when you originally set up the account. Just like your username, you can't change your date of birth. We're sorry for any frustration, but it's a non-edit field."

https://kingsisle.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/266

I don't personally don't know why, but probably security related. Regardless, it is KI's policy.

Ensign
Jul 15, 2009
Hi

I am aware of this. I've been there several times. Because they have my daughter listed as the "adult" it does not give me the menu option for her chat. Only on my account which is flagged as a child's account.

On her account (using the parent password) the only options are On/Off filtered chat, True friends code and gifting. No open chat option.

MY account however has the open chat option to turn off or on. Along with filtered, true friend and gifting.

If we start with brand new accounts can our pirates be transferred to them...or easier yet can our pirates just be switched to each others accounts?

Administrator
I'm going to have support get in touch with you over email since this is going beyond my expertise and more in their realm. Sorry for the confusion.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*