Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Poor gear drops in mooshu.

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Sep 19, 2010
Ok so i have farmed the haunted shrine for some gear drops and managed to get 3 head pieces all level 35-40 but they are horrible drops. I have went back and gone through several of the other dungeons and shrines in mooshu and seem to only get gold pieces no gear at all , is this normal? Im sooooo tired of using level 20 gear thats better than anything ive gotten in mooshu to date. Anybody have some good ideas where to farm for epic gear like the game states it has but have never seen? I have finished the game to date with my 50 swashbuckler and never got one piece of epic gear, have 40 musketeer in mooshu and still havent gotten a thing to drop. Wow this is depressing, time to find a different game to play perhaps one that isnt so caught up on making money off of its players from selling crowns. At least in wizzy 101 you could farm for some awesome gear that was better than the crown shop gear.

Community Leader
Dracorro on Dec 9, 2012 wrote:
Ok so i have farmed the haunted shrine for some gear drops and managed to get 3 head pieces all level 35-40 but they are horrible drops. I have went back and gone through several of the other dungeons and shrines in mooshu and seem to only get gold pieces no gear at all , is this normal? Im sooooo tired of using level 20 gear thats better than anything ive gotten in mooshu to date. Anybody have some good ideas where to farm for epic gear like the game states it has but have never seen? I have finished the game to date with my 50 swashbuckler and never got one piece of epic gear, have 40 musketeer in mooshu and still havent gotten a thing to drop. Wow this is depressing, time to find a different game to play perhaps one that isnt so caught up on making money off of its players from selling crowns. At least in wizzy 101 you could farm for some awesome gear that was better than the crown shop gear.
If you look at the test realm notes, it says that with the latest update, they'll be improving drop rates on items as well as gold. Also, housing items will start to drop. Hopefully, this will address your issue.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Community Leader
Hoping they have fixed a number of drops. We farmed the elemental bosses in the castle on the turtles back.. lol Name totally escapes me. But fighting these elemental bosses for about an hour on live gave us about 3000 gold total, and MAYBE 4 items... very discouraging. Hope these got fixed too.

I dont do much gear/loot farming on test realm, since its a not so pleasant grindy process to begin with.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Bosun
Apr 26, 2009
I am glad to say with this new update, drop rates have indeed been improved!! I was farming Friar sand for a charm (because Lo Pan is bugged) and i got my charm on the FIRST try! My friend got his charm on his second try! Maybe just luck, but i hope it's something to do with the new drop rate.