Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Glitches I have Encountered

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Dec 16, 2009
Hello, everyone!

Whenever I have tried going to Cooper's Roost Skyway in Cool Ranch, it always shows the loading screen and stays.
This has been happening since yesterday (Dec. 1) with Cooper's Roost Skyway (again) and Tradewinds Skyway when I have been trying to get to the Hamamitsu Skyway in MooShu.
When I teleport to my brother out into the skyway, my character and the firstmate disappears, however, the screen stays in the same place.
I have uninstalled and then reinstalled the game, but it didn't work. This problem has never occured until the date mentioned above.
I get the tip about the quick return when I go to Skull Island, but it shows my screen as still in the Cooper's Roost Docks.
I believe this is a problem on your [KingsIsle's] end.

Please tell me how I can resolve this/help resolve this glitch/bug and what is the cause of the problem. I think you'll be asking me for the dxdiag thing? Hope you can respond soon (please don't delete this if it's in the wrong place, instead, please move).

Friendly Justin Everhart - Level 42

Administrator
You'll want to contact support@pirate101.com if this problem persists. When you contact them, please provide as much detail as possible:

1. Confirm username (which account are you playing)
2. What area were you trying to access when this happened?
3. What time (approximately) was it?
4. Please attach game logs for further review (see below for more instructions).
5. Are you still having this trouble? If not, what occurred?

Instructions for sending game logs:
Use your email service to add an attachment. Drill down to the Pirate101 Folder then to the Bin Folder and the Log Folder then select "Captain_XXX.Log" (the highest numbered one or the most recently dated). Then just hit send!

If this is too large for your email server to attach or send, then open the game folder, go to the the bin folder again and locate the Captain.log. Right click on the log file and select Save as Zip (or similar wording - will vary depending on your specific operating system). Then, go back to your email and attach the newly zipped Captain.log.zip file.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
May 07, 2011
Yes, there are a few glitches that I have seen too. Sometimes when I teleport to a place, I get stuck in some weird place. Jonah Town, for instance, I teleport to the life fountain and instead I appear floating in the skyway in front of the whale and I can't move. This happens randomly to me, but it's not a threat at the moment as I can just port again and I'm free. Also, after ship battles when I'm on my friend's ship, I get stuck in the skyway if I'm the enemy's ship when it blows up and "sinks". Another glitch is sometimes the pets I don't equip change their name. I don't really care about that one, but other players do. None of these glitches seem like a threat at the moment, but I think KI should at least know about them.

Petty Officer
Dec 16, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Dec 3, 2012 wrote:
You'll want to contact support@pirate101.com if this problem persists. When you contact them, please provide as much detail as possible:

1. Confirm username (which account are you playing)
2. What area were you trying to access when this happened?
3. What time (approximately) was it?
4. Please attach game logs for further review (see below for more instructions).
5. Are you still having this trouble? If not, what occurred?

Instructions for sending game logs:
Use your email service to add an attachment. Drill down to the Pirate101 Folder then to the Bin Folder and the Log Folder then select "Captain_XXX.Log" (the highest numbered one or the most recently dated). Then just hit send!

If this is too large for your email server to attach or send, then open the game folder, go to the the bin folder again and locate the Captain.log. Right click on the log file and select Save as Zip (or similar wording - will vary depending on your specific operating system). Then, go back to your email and attach the newly zipped Captain.log.zip file.
It didn't persist, do you copy and paste this? :P I see this exact message a lot.

Friendly Justin Everhart - Level 45

Ensign
Sep 18, 2011
no one need to confirm all details. i am telling this to admin and moderators. just try your self you will see that problem. i have same issue lot of times and yesterday its totally drive me crazy. and i erase pirate101 from computer. it is that messed up. just check yourself couple times that skyarea you will see.