Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Wait, didn't Bishop Outlaw ALL magic?

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
Lucas Walker on Aug 11, 2013 wrote:
No Witchdoctors aren't a lot like Wizards. Hoodoo isn't the same thing as magic. And if you think 12k health is a lot to deal with you're in for a rough ride if you decide to play through W101's high leveled realms.

Wizards can hit over 1 million damage. KI capped the damage on W101, before that cap we could deal so much damage it'd go into the negatives.

You also think that 2,000 damage is a lot against a wizard. Without any blades, traps, auras, etc. my wizards have hit high over 2,000 damage.

Obviously magic works outside Wizard City. We've gone far far away from Wizard City. Magic isn't limited.

What most of you are thinking is that wizards are mere mortals. Wizards live for thousands of years, they can take unbelievable amounts of pain and dish out plenty more. What pirates need a ship to summon, wizards summon can summon with their bare hands.
Ok guys. I play Wizard101 too so it's not like an alien concept to me. We've kidnapped this thread. I made a post in the Spar Chamber section. Read it. Anyone who doesn't think that it is a plausible if not likely scenario is out to lunch. I played Wizard101 for over a year before starting Pirate101. I solo the game and don't loose very often at pvp so I think I have a fairly healthy grasp of the game. I don't study the history of the Wizards but that's not necessary to be good at the game. I'm just saying that you guys have over rated your Wizards and under rated Pirates.

Wicked Erin, Self Appointed Unlimited Class World Swashbuckling Champion Supreme..aka..Wizard Slayer

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
No Witchdoctors aren't a lot like Wizards. Hoodoo isn't the same thing as magic. And if you think 12k health is a lot to deal with you're in for a rough ride if you decide to play through W101's high leveled realms.

Wizards can hit over 1 million damage. KI capped the damage on W101, before that cap we could deal so much damage it'd go into the negatives.

You also think that 2,000 damage is a lot against a wizard. Without any blades, traps, auras, etc. my wizards have hit high over 2,000 damage.

Obviously magic works outside Wizard City. We've gone far far away from Wizard City. Magic isn't limited.

What most of you are thinking is that wizards are mere mortals. Wizards live for thousands of years, they can take unbelievable amounts of pain and dish out plenty more. What pirates need a ship to summon, wizards summon can summon with their bare hands.
Aye lad but you don't always have to be the strongest. You just have to be strong enough. And if wizards live for thousands of years then they are mortal because immortals live forever. Wizards only have a little more health than pirates. About a fourth. This is obvious and plain to see. My wizard, just like yours, has come close to being defeated by the enemies they face in the game. Enemies that aren't as powerful as pirates. The Cyclops from Wizard101 are the same Cyclops from Pirate101. Aquila is the same Aquila. Marleybone is the same Marleybone. All wizards are not the great and powerful beings you claim they are. I know because I battle along side them. If pirates are so inferior to the wizards then how do they finish these worlds? How do they survive? The answer is simple....the pirates are not inferior to the wizards...just different. My swashbuckler and musketeer both hit around 2 thousand all the time and it doesn't take them 4 or 5 rounds to save up the pips for it. They can hit like that with their very first or second attack. Much quicker than a wizard can. And they can keep hitting like that for the entire battle. After wizards use a powerful spell they have to wait before they can use another one. My swashbuckler can do it several times in a row. Can your wizard? Me thinks not. Pirates are much more aggressive and unrelenting than wizards. We even have a talent called Relentless...go figure. One pirate can attack the same target several times during the same round. Can your wizard? Again...no. And pirates don't need to summon anything but a bottle of yum at the end of the day when they are celebrating defeating a wizard. Fair sailing friend!

Wicked Erin, Self Appointed, Unlimited Class, World Swashbuckling Champion Supreme...aka...Wizard Slayer

Administrator
Can I request this thread be locked?

It's trailed off topic for the majority of the post. The OP's question was why hasn't the Armada done anything about magic being used in Wizard City, etc. The question has been answered several times already.

The thread isn't about who win in a battle. Wizards or Pirates, but most of this thread contains arguments about that topic. It's gone too far off-topic and locking it seems like a very good idea at this point.
Agreed. Locked.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*