Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Can we compromise on joining battles?

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
Here is my suggested compromise.
If a new player joins on the first and second turn they get all companions, third or fourth turn they get 1 companion, on the fifth and later turns no companions. Opponents are added in accordance, and gold and drops go up in accordance. Its fun playing with others at the upper levels when the fights go up, and when people beg for help it would be nice to have at least one companion.

Community Leader
seasnake on Nov 16, 2012 wrote:
Here is my suggested compromise.
If a new player joins on the first and second turn they get all companions, third or fourth turn they get 1 companion, on the fifth and later turns no companions. Opponents are added in accordance, and gold and drops go up in accordance. Its fun playing with others at the upper levels when the fights go up, and when people beg for help it would be nice to have at least one companion.
I agree with this. Having full companions at any point is too much, having no companions after round one is too little. Doing it this way fixes some of the problems with joining ship combat (which starts on round 2 if you're the one being boarded) and also keeps more of the feel of bigger battles that the game had before, which was nice, while toning down the frustration of late additions. I don't think anyone has done so much damage (and traveled all the way across the gameboard with most fo their crew) in round 1 that they will be seriously happered by the addition of new mobs. This could also invite new multiplayer strategies where you could have a 2nd player come in and flank the enemy.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
Good idea Seasnake.

A compromise I thought of would be to have it based on the number of enemies that have been killed rather than the number of turns.

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
KiwiChickenz on Nov 16, 2012 wrote:
Good idea Seasnake.

A compromise I thought of would be to have it based on the number of enemies that have been killed rather than the number of turns.
Either way works with me. An enemy to player and companion ratio in determining how many companions and new enemies to be added would work just as good.