Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

We're Getting A Little Too Nice

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Feb 03, 2012
Is it just me, or as pirates, we're getting a little too nice. What I mean is that the game's storyline is treating us too much like we're heroes and I have no problem with that, but when it comes down to it we're not having that much of the imfamous reputation that we deserve. So far, looking back on my journeys, only two events made me feel like i was a wanted pirate, one: when we become enemies of monquista, and two, when the armada declared us a threat. Leave behind your thoughts here on the subject and share with us how you feel about it.

Ensign
Aug 13, 2010
I do agree that we should be able to become more 'criminal' as time passes; the best we can do for now is just raid whatever ships we please, though it doesn't have any effect on questing (That would be hard to program).

However, I kinda like how the NPCs treat us. The main character may be a vicious pirate who threatens Marleybone and Valencia, but after all is still a child, and I could easily foresee some NPCs relenting just because of that. Except of course, the Armada.

Community Leader
There is a sort of tonal shift that happens once you get to Cool Ranch, where the missions switch from long, convoluted series of backstabs and betrayals, mischief and mayhem, to a more standard "help the locals fight their personal El Guapo" type of stories. Maybe that's the point, but it's strange that with the change of environment, comes a change of story genre almost. I look forward to seeing what Mooshu has in store!

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Ensign
May 17, 2011
The whole reason that I even play games is their storys. I love pirate101 because you get to choose yuors at the beginning, and you can even mold it in your head.

-Dark Amber