Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Trouble Wit Red Sash Ships

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 07, 2010
I have been battling these ships for hours and hours. I can't seem to go on to next quest. If anyone has completed this part, can you help me on what t do?? I am so lost. Thanks

Community Leader
Jaggars on Oct 31, 2012 wrote:
I have been battling these ships for hours and hours. I can't seem to go on to next quest. If anyone has completed this part, can you help me on what t do?? I am so lost. Thanks
The only red sash ship quest I had any complications with is the one for Mercury. The drop rate on that particular quest seems a bit lower than the others. I always ask my friends for help, and with a few ships teaming up, seems to fill these quests pretty quickly. Your friends can port to your ship, launch thier ship (unbottle it), help you finish your quest, then they can use their life fountain button to return to the area they were in previously. My friends do it all the time without losing much "travel" time.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
There are several quests that require Red Sash ships. Which one are you having trouble with, specifically?

There are Red Sash ships in the different Cool Ranch skyways. Have you checked your quest to make sure you are in the right skyway? Sometimes you can fight something in one skyway and get credit for it, and other times you have to fight in the skyway the quest requires.

Ensign
Dec 15, 2011
Dr Zeppers on Oct 31, 2012 wrote:
The only red sash ship quest I had any complications with is the one for Mercury. The drop rate on that particular quest seems a bit lower than the others. I always ask my friends for help, and with a few ships teaming up, seems to fill these quests pretty quickly. Your friends can port to your ship, launch thier ship (unbottle it), help you finish your quest, then they can use their life fountain button to return to the area they were in previously. My friends do it all the time without losing much "travel" time.
yep yep...the mercury is a hard one...still on that quest too but enjoying the nautical xp though

Petty Officer
Sep 23, 2012
I'm having trouble with that my self thank goodness I'm not the only one.

Ensign
Jun 20, 2010
i have been trying to fight them 4 a long time!
i think we need to fight the ships and not board them. only thing i dont have the money for bison ship or equipment. either that or a glitch
i hat fighting these guys i got a membership and because of them i havent played 4 a month!!!

Ensign
Sep 25, 2012
red sash ships and mercury can be a real pain. wait and get the quest for red sash from Big Sky? or Santo Pollo(for the 12 ships), then go back to cooper roost and fight there (unless you are a higher nautical than I have been). I found that having both quests seems to make the drops better.
Swash Brecken Clegg

Ensign
Nov 02, 2012
Jaggars on Oct 31, 2012 wrote:
Are you meaning the quest where you get the location to hidden valley ranch? if so yes the drop rate is really low and it took like 15 ships to get it for me

Ensign
Oct 18, 2009
It is crazy hard cause you end up poor { well i did } after valencia and you have nothing for new ships, therefor you get a lame, cheesy level 14 ship in level 18-19 cool ranch.

Ensign
Jun 28, 2012
Trouble wit red sash ships. All you need is 2 mojo potions, and high ship parts. Wait until the last second to use the mojo potions, and you're all set. I tryed it and it works. Brady Underwood

Ensign
Oct 04, 2012
This is just crazy... I'm in the quest to find the location of the Jim dude, and I'm fighting for hours these ships and nothing happens...

Community Leader
Just thought i'd throw this out there...

There seems to be a concept that many get from game documentation/hints that boarding a ship will result in a better chance of getting the "drop" or item that you are looking for.

There may be some truth to this (if evaluated on a single battle basis), however I find that boarding ships prolongs the process and is more frustrating.

I have watched others board ships. I can sink 10 ships to their 1 boarded ship. This gives me 10 chances at the possible drop to their 1. Even if their chances by boarding are doubled, the result is a prolonged, and frustrating pursuit of quest requirements.

SINK ships my pirate friends, and if you cant, get help to sink ships, its MUCH faster.

Personally me and my friends FLEE when we are boarded, as boarding takes too much time.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Dec 21, 2008
truesaviorofthespi... on Nov 19, 2012 wrote:
I'm having trouble with that my self thank goodness I'm not the only one.
your not trust me i ve spent a total of 5 hour on fighting those ships and got nothing

Ensign
Apr 15, 2011
Trust me, I know what you mean.
But there are a lot worse defeat and collect quests, like Sarah Steele's first promotion quest (you have to collect 4 cannons and the drop rate is very low). Both take a lot of time and battling
In my opinion, they should raise the drop rate for D+C quests all across P101. Anyone else agree?

Ruthless Rebecca Radcliffe

Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
This happened to me with the spirit flute. I defeated 27 Red sash ships before I got it.