Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Leveling

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 18, 2011
It seems that leveling its a bit slower in pirates then it was in wizards. I guess it could be me and it's not but, it sure feels like it. Been playing everyday for a week and only got to level 12 on my toon =( and that's 4 -6 hrs a day. Been doing all the quest in one area before moving on to the next.

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
I have noticed that side quests, which can be lengthy, really don't give you any experience at all, all under 40 points or so.

Also, travel time is a lot longer. I have read the developer's/Administrator's input in terms of traveling, and how this game was designed to were traveling is supposed to take longer. And I like it, this game and ship traveling is absolutely beautiful.

When you are 50+ in Wizard101, and start a pirate from scratch, it will probably always seem like it will take ages to level. So far, I am really enjoying my 'slow' journey to the upper levels.

Ensign
Dec 06, 2009
that's super strange;

That would mean that after 28-42 hours of gameplay, you are still somewhere around Puerto Mico/Gortez.

I may be going out on a limb, but how much time do you spend running around, chatting with other players, and sightseeing?

Just to give you perspective: I have been playing for two weeks now, about 2-4 hours a day (don't play everyday) and am finishing up Mooshu at lvl 50.

Ensign
Sep 22, 2012
Wizard101 was very fast in terms of leveling because to get somewhere all you had to do was walk through a door. You could also mark a spot to save your spot.

Pirate101 goes slower because it takes time to get places and you can't mark your spot. You only have life fountains.

I like that this game takes longer because the environment is more detailed and colorful (in my opinion) than Wizard101.I like the environments a lot.

Ensign
Oct 24, 2010
After three weeks I am in the beginning/middle of Cool Ranch at level 21 so I wouldn't call it slow leveling it might seem that way because some of the drops take forever. Cool Ranch quests have plenty of exp. I finished one quest that leveled me up and left my progress bar in the middle so I don't have a problem with the "slow" Journey either.