Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Finding Cool Ranch stressful?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 01, 2010
Hey!

A lot of my friends are always asking me for help (I am also in need of help in CR) on things I haven't done or previously done in CR because it's "Too stressful".

If you're finding CR too stressful, take a look at yourself, here's a few tips:

-If you get upset losing a companion that you adore - Don't worry! You can heal it at the end of the battle.
-If you die a lot in CR - Don't get annoyed. Adapt your battle strategy - The mobs are very clever.
-If you get bored of the questline and stressed over it - Don't. It's not worth getting stressed over a game.
-CR is very hard, I know myself. Just keep trying. I know it may be hard!
-Each zone is meant for a certain level. Coopers Roast the lowest, Deacon the highest. You need to be at least a level 18 when you first start CR to not complain about how hard it is. I'm currently level 22 and halfway through CR.

Just remember, CR is hard. Each world offers a challenge for you to participate in. If you need help, call a friend. Don't get upset :)

Ensign
Oct 24, 2010
My problem with CR is that it is littered with bugs.

Ensign
Dec 30, 2011
I'm level 28 and still find things in Cool Ranch WAY too hard. It would help if the enemies didn't have such a high block and dodge rate.

Ensign
Apr 24, 2012
I will have to disagree with the original poster, the point of Ki's games is to be enjoyable to all ages. What fun is it even at level 18 to not even win 1 battle. I have watched the fights and have changed tactics and different companions only to have a Buffaloon take out most of my party with their added attacks and insane dodge rates (have tried accuracy gear). This level really needs to be reviewed or add more to the previous zone to level up players a bit more. I understand it probably gets better once you hit low 20's but already have little one asking me to change games due to not being enjoyable even as a family activity. I can't see how this zone will make casual players want to continue.

Ensign
Jul 21, 2011
To give some advice to those finding cool ranch stressful. make sure you upgrade your equipment.
There are ships available at level 16 and level 20 that are upgrades there is also a vendor in coopers ranch for lvl 15 equipment and at bison village that sells level 20 equipment. another good idea is if you are questing and see your opponents are constantly orange you sould prob go and do side quests in previous zones. you are underleveled.

Ensign
Dec 28, 2008
I personally don't find Cool Ranch that terribly difficult. Yeah it is a tricky world, but I have played harder games with harder levels. I guess it really depends on what level you are and how you play the game. I usually do what I need to do to make things easier for me; do some side quests, save up for companion points, a new ship if necessary, or save up for other things. I also train and stuff, but you know, that's just me.

Ensign
Apr 10, 2010
Personally, I'm really enjoying Cool Ranch. The biggest pain is the drop rate for items from some of the ships we have to battle.

Ensign
Oct 01, 2010
cool ranch isn't that bad the ships don't do much damage to mine, till you have to fight now its harder. i agree the mobs have way to high dodge and damage even the drops are horrid. most of my gear is good high defense ect even my high level champions die easily in CR when it comes to battle. but i figured one thing out take the gunners out first forget the big chickens take the gunners out all v 1 and move on from there, you will lose 1 or two champions in that fight just heal up after then return to the fight. at least till they fix it.
i played wizards and even wizards you wont find mobs so over powered v player.
my cousins and i play this with my aunt already my cousins are talking about quitting pirates, we all play wizards as well and all have max characters on wiz. this game is fun but if they want to keep kids into playing this they need to fix these issues soon.

Ensign
Feb 10, 2009
Noble Wolf on Oct 17, 2012 wrote:
My problem with CR is that it is littered with bugs.
Exactly! I totally agree with you. CR is stressful, but the glitches make it even more stressing. Like when your on an exciting part and can't move on in the main storyline! (Tonka bug for ex.) The Mobs there seem almost as smart as adults! Me, being an Adult can handle the stress and win most of the battles, but just think of the pressure this might put on 8-year olds! Ships cost tons of gold, and even if you can afford one, you probably won't be able to afford good gear later on. Most of our companions are underleveled and easily die against the mobs. KI should really think about reducing the difficulty a bit in CR.

Ensign
Aug 07, 2010
what is stressing me out are those Red Sash Ships. For some reason I can't move on to next quest. I have battled about of them so far and can't move on. HELP lol

Community Leader
Cool Ranch is definately a step up on the challenge level as we progress through the main storyline.
A pirate reachs Cool Ranch at approximately level 15, level 17+ if they did their sidequests. I highly recommend doing all the side quests leading into Cool Ranch, this will make it easier overall. I purposefully avoided turning in Companion sidequests to limit the companions I had during this phase, however some on Main quest line cannot be avoided. (I plan on turning them in later once at a higher level). The only problem I have really encountered in Cool Ranch is issues with some drop rates. Those buffaloon are very stingy when it comes to their hides.
I find keeping my companions 3 levels below me is a decent strategy, and I have not suffered much due to companions being too low a level.

As for bugs, well there are a few small ones here and there, but I have not encountered any gamestoppers like we did often in Beta.

Keep up the good work KI!

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Oct 03, 2010
so far i can see were people are getting annoyed with cool ranch. i play with my cousins and i am lvl 25 with crown gear for my level the ship fighting is hard but i can manage cause i bought crown parts for the ship my nautical is 24. but when it comes to fighting the mobs that is were the trouble lies my quest for skill i have to fight spirits my champions and myself do like max 25 damage while they do 100+ i have 2 champions and i'm fighting 6 so in 2 rounds I'm dead along with my champions is this fair? this is not fair. i spent my allowance to get crowns and membership so i can play with my aunt and cousins. now they quit cause the quest have gotten to the point they cant continue. My champions lvl 23 and they die in one round. it wasn't so bad when i was lower level the buffalloons gathering was annoying 2 days to gather supply with my cousin and now she quit because its not as fun when you die even with the best gear you can get in game and have such a hard time fighting mobs. we didn't mind the slow exp or fighting ships for two to three hours to get nautical level up to my level but when fighting mobs and do virtually no damage that's when i get annoyed. this is not fair. my little sister quit already so now i'm alone this is nothing like wizards, wizards was 10x more fun and we played wizards for almost 4 years now. i am already thinking about quitting to, but i love the graphics and the ships also the champions there so cool but this is loosing its fun factor. KI needs to fix this game to keep us kids into it.

Community Leader
PavlovsFavoriteDog on Oct 19, 2012 wrote:
I'm level 28 and still find things in Cool Ranch WAY too hard. It would help if the enemies didn't have such a high block and dodge rate.
If your opponents are dodging you a lot, look for gear to increase your Accuracy (the bulls-eye symbol).

If the attacks are getting blocked more than dodged, you probably need gear to increase your main attack stat - Strength (grey square weight) for Buccaneers and Privateers fighting hand-to-hand, Agility (winged foot) for Swashbucklers and Muskateers, or Will (head symbol) for Witchdoctors and Privateers' spell-like attacks.

You'll also need to use the right type of Weapon to match your main attack stat. Each weapon's description says which stat will boost its damage.

Chatroom Moderator - Pieces of Eight Radio
Ensign
Apr 20, 2011
dogmom55 on Oct 22, 2012 wrote:
Personally, I'm really enjoying Cool Ranch. The biggest pain is the drop rate for items from some of the ships we have to battle.
I have to agree. I am trying to collect bloodbat teeth from sky Raider ships and after 20 battles I still only have three. I wouldn't mind so much except each battle takes so long, firstly the nautical battle and then the onboard battle.
Cool Ranch is a very long zone, poor drop rates only make it seem longer.

Ensign
Nov 08, 2009
The fights are very hard. you miss alot. I see them in red and they have maybe 12 hp left. I will hit them 3x a turn and maybe on turn 4 or more I can kill one guy off. This must be a dice game, you must hit 20 side dice 1 to hit and the rest to fail. The drop off rate is~ = to it. guys who are under your level by 6 should not be better. Its to the point of all guys on one guy until he is dead. Your going to miss all the time. Magic has a better time of wining this game. I fell very sorry for players not using any magic in fights.

Ensign
Jun 08, 2010
Enlightened One on Nov 4, 2012 wrote:
I have to agree. I am trying to collect bloodbat teeth from sky Raider ships and after 20 battles I still only have three. I wouldn't mind so much except each battle takes so long, firstly the nautical battle and then the onboard battle.
Cool Ranch is a very long zone, poor drop rates only make it seem longer.
I also have something to say there for the ships when collecting the sugar for cake, I have defeated maybe about 40 ships and still haven't completed the quest. I guess you would say it is just the luck you get for collecting these items.

Ensign
Jun 08, 2010
Just for me I am kinda used to wizards. I find that wiz and pirate are completely different and so it has been a struggle for me to adjust because I just started pirates about two weeks ago. I have gotten up to cool ranch and really find it stressful, I am a lvl 20 swashbuckler and am stuck on most of the ship battles even though I have a galleon it is still hard to even get the ships down to half health. and when I get them down to half health the ship battles seem even harder. Does anyone have any ideas that might help me out? Thank you to everyone that can give me tips.

Ensign
Sep 10, 2008
dogmom55 on Oct 22, 2012 wrote:
a few times i had to switch to a crowded realm to combat ships 4 to 1 lol. a bigger problem is how hard it is to switch between 3 different skyways at the same time kinda like skull island

Ensign
Jun 17, 2009
My problem isn't with Cool Ranch itself, it's the game mechanics. I'd rather not travel through half of Cool Ranch just to complete 1 quest for a few hundred experience. Travel times in this game are ridiculous anyways, not exactly sure why they make it as long as possible.

Also, ship battles will make you want to pull your hair out. The dodge rate on ships seems to be quite high, and accuracy bonuses don't seem to help. Every time I get a ship quest, I almost always just quit to desktop, because I know I'm in for about a 30 minute, boring, grindfest.

The game is suppose to be relaxing, and I shouldn't find myself wondering why I've missed the last 5 attacks in a row. Hopefully there will be changes in the future, because I really can't see myself getting to 50 like this...

Ensign
Oct 15, 2012
I am a level 26 and currently close to haunted skyway. I do say it's very hard. Your suggestions for CR did help me get farther into CR. Thanks :)

Ensign
May 02, 2011
u dunno how hard it gets D:

~SneakyBlakeHolystone~

Ensign
May 02, 2011
Dark Isidora on Nov 23, 2012 wrote:
I am a level 26 and currently close to haunted skyway. I do say it's very hard. Your suggestions for CR did help me get farther into CR. Thanks :)
haunted skyway is lvl 35 o. o

Ensign
Jul 27, 2009
I'm finding cool ranch extrememly easy besides the ship battles you need better armor and make sure you have good companions to make it fun and easy

Ensign
Dec 25, 2010
I agree Cool Ranch is really hard! And i have taken the time to grind and get gold for my companions!

I think there should be more added to Valencia to help your pirate bridge the gap some. That world seams rushed.

Also they need to increase the gold they give from the battles. Lets say you kill the ship instead of going for the battle and boarding it to save time, you get about 30 - 40 gold. If you board the ship you get maybe 150 per kill (if you are lucky).

If they are going to slide the scale so high to pay for companion points, they need to increase the gold dropped in the higher levels. The gold grinded for one point doesn't seam worth it at all.

As much as I love the game I am seriously tired of seeing all my favorite pirates die EVERY battle even when they are at a matching level to mine. It's just depressing.

I might just go back to Wiz if the game keeps up like this.

Ensign
Nov 21, 2010
Cool Ranch isnt that hard, you just need to make sure you get certain companions. If youre killing red shash ships ith fighter chickens bring shooters.

Best shooters for each school I know

• Witchdoctor- Bonnie Anne, Bones Mcgee, Mormo(if you have gotten to Santo Pollo you should bring Lefty)
  • Swashbuckler-Bonnie Anne,Old Sratch, Idk who else
  • Privateer-BOnnie Anne, bison shooters(if your there yet) and again Idk

Silent Amber 50 Swashbuckler
Generous Megan Nightingale 36 Privateer
Cheerful Destiny Dodger 23 Witchdoctor