Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Finding Cool Ranch stressful?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 09, 2013
Deaconisboss on Jul 12, 2015 wrote:
My level 22 swashbuckler can not beat stingtails. I use Froggo Villa , Nurse Quinn , and Tricky Vinny.
I recommend not using Nurse Quinn, As soon as you get her she's pretty useless and she hardly gets any better. Froggo Villa is pretty good for a while after you get him, but I wouldn't use him forever, same for Tricky Vinny, I recommend abandoning him and Villa soon after Vinny's promotion.

At Level 22 you should be using the highest level companions possible and trying to keep every single useful companion at about 3-5 levels below you until you can get them to your level. So at 22, It would be good to be using Sarah Steele, Froggo Villa, and Bonnie Anne, to keep a good balance. Just keep them close to your level and you should be good. And try to do every single side quest you possibly can.

Ensign
Mar 03, 2013
I am a level 18 and I need help beating the dungeon hidden valley ranch can anybody help me

Ensign
Apr 03, 2013
Scurvy Orion Lanya... on Dec 12, 2012 wrote:
Well remember not only kids play this game they want to appeal anyone they can using difficulty and such,AND yes cool ranch is a very hard place it takes getting used to but once you do you know it common for a normal enemy to take at lease 10 hits to kill but i'm a little skeptical about mooshu and the difficulty of that place is a mystery

Name: scurvy orion lanyard

Storyline: marleybone

Level: 31

Class: privateer

Hold on, hold on. You're level thirty-one and you're in MARLEYBONE? You should still be in Cool Ranch, for heaven's sakes!

Ensign
May 10, 2011
I usually win all the battles but then I have like 2 companions resting.

Im using Sarah Steele, Nurse Quinn and Froggo Villa.

You don't need to say anything about Nurse Quinn. Im gonna abandon her. Im just not sure who I should put in that spot. I'm a level 25 swashbuckler right now.

I haven't been doing side quests in Cool Ranch so I might begin to do them. Im pretty sure that will level me up a few levels so me and my companions can get stronger for fights.

So any advice for me?

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Pony Lover1234 on Jul 29, 2015 wrote:
I usually win all the battles but then I have like 2 companions resting.

Im using Sarah Steele, Nurse Quinn and Froggo Villa.

You don't need to say anything about Nurse Quinn. Im gonna abandon her. Im just not sure who I should put in that spot. I'm a level 25 swashbuckler right now.

I haven't been doing side quests in Cool Ranch so I might begin to do them. Im pretty sure that will level me up a few levels so me and my companions can get stronger for fights.

So any advice for me?
I would defiantly swap Nurse quinn for Bonnie or Fan. Froggo Villa is actually good when you get him, but he quickly becomes next to useless. And do those side quests!

Ensign
Aug 30, 2014
I didn't really have that much of a struggle in cool ranch.I'm still in it and i'm a lvl 29 and i only had 2 or 3 times where i needed help(enemies have so much health!)or my main team faints,what was a struggle was when i first played on p101(i was a musketeer)it took soooooo long to get to places and it took up alot of time from getting from big sky to santa pollo then back to big sky again,luckily they added the stagecoach and man that update was really helpful!

Hallye Morris

Ensign
Mar 27, 2012
TheEarthGems on Oct 17, 2012 wrote:
Hey!

A lot of my friends are always asking me for help (I am also in need of help in CR) on things I haven't done or previously done in CR because it's "Too stressful".

If you're finding CR too stressful, take a look at yourself, here's a few tips:

-If you get upset losing a companion that you adore - Don't worry! You can heal it at the end of the battle.
-If you die a lot in CR - Don't get annoyed. Adapt your battle strategy - The mobs are very clever.
-If you get bored of the questline and stressed over it - Don't. It's not worth getting stressed over a game.
-CR is very hard, I know myself. Just keep trying. I know it may be hard!
-Each zone is meant for a certain level. Coopers Roast the lowest, Deacon the highest. You need to be at least a level 18 when you first start CR to not complain about how hard it is. I'm currently level 22 and halfway through CR.

Just remember, CR is hard. Each world offers a challenge for you to participate in. If you need help, call a friend. Don't get upset :)
All I did was skip the side quests. I was a bit over-leveled for most of CR though.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Honestly, before numerous improvements were made to not just Cool Ranch alone, it was a pain to progress through it's quests to me. Now, it doesn't anymore, not like it used to be, & many others think so, too.

Sure, there may be some little struggling to progress through the quests at times right now, & still, I find it to be totally enjoyable.

Petty Officer
Oct 31, 2012
Trimond297 on Oct 29, 2015 wrote:
Honestly, before numerous improvements were made to not just Cool Ranch alone, it was a pain to progress through it's quests to me. Now, it doesn't anymore, not like it used to be, & many others think so, too.

Sure, there may be some little struggling to progress through the quests at times right now, & still, I find it to be totally enjoyable.
It was a slugfest before agreed! I liked it before and I think that some great dungeons aren't as epic as they once were. I guess if enough pirates complain its too hard then it is changed? But I'am sure the new worlds will hold longer battle sequences and that there are more epic battles too come! I like a good dungeon crawl!

Ensign
Dec 16, 2011
I find wiz harder because of the fighting style, and I think pirate101 has more strategic one. My worst moment was getting wrecked by the bumballoons, but I survived.

Petty Officer
Sep 02, 2015
Ahoy there pirates!
When I was in CR with my swashbuckler, i did a good amount of side quests in all skyways. You should keep your companions 2-3 levels behind you, and update your gear every 5-10 levels in the bazaar. If you need gold, you can farm ships. Make sure your ship is a good level too.
See you in the spiral!
Sly Fergus lvl 48
Clever Fergus Hawkins lvl 7

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
For me I don't find cool ranch hard as much as it is boring. I have never really liked the old wast genre si maybe it's just me but you spend like a quarter of the game there and everything is dry and dusty. If KI wants to make cowboy101 fine but cool ranch is too long I am level 65 and still half my crew is a cowboy and not a pirate

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
LegoMyEgo241 on Jan 29, 2013 wrote:
when do you get el toro
Like, Right before haunted skyway

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
I remember me and this guy named black Diego doing 12 ghost ships together, Then when we were done, He went over to motherlode mine. Next I saw him. He was maxed and helping me with the dungeon " Miranda "

Ensign
Jan 19, 2011
Personally I don't find Cool Ranch all that bad...but that's probably because I'm kinda over leveled for the area. (I'm lvl 29 and I just beat English Bill/Duck of Death) Since I don't buy crowns all that often, I try to level up my characters as far as possible and do most of the side quests. I use the chicken miner, Bonnie Anne, and Sarah Steele. When I was Lvl 23, I used Bonnie Anne, Sarah Steele, and Subodai, which worked pretty well for me most of the time.

Quick Melody Nightngale

Ensign
Sep 08, 2015
I find CR stressful just because it's SO LONG! My witch just finished it, but what time it took! Maybe that's just for me, i get bored VERY quickly, but now i'm out of that nightmare and succesfully taking down mooshu's governors one by one. And by the way, haunted skyway is much more worse than JUST haunted. And get help on Miranda, if you're doing bad with bosses.

Annoying Amber 4312551 PrayingForNoMoreInsanelyLongWorlds

Ensign
Sep 08, 2015
TheTypingCat on Aug 13, 2015 wrote:
I didn't really have that much of a struggle in cool ranch.I'm still in it and i'm a lvl 29 and i only had 2 or 3 times where i needed help(enemies have so much health!)or my main team faints,what was a struggle was when i first played on p101(i was a musketeer)it took soooooo long to get to places and it took up alot of time from getting from big sky to santa pollo then back to big sky again,luckily they added the stagecoach and man that update was really helpful!

Hallye Morris
Yeah, the stagecoaches are a miracle! and the fact that they only cost 15 - 20 gold, is just amazing! Maybe there will be some changes to the price, but until then, my main is done with that!

Ensign
Mar 05, 2013
First few fights I had companions killed, but after that it's been pretty easy. Ship battles were long until I broke down and upgraded my ship and equipment. Really enjoying this game.

Ensign
Aug 15, 2012
I'm in Aquila now and i'm lvl 58 but when i was in CR I used to cry every day cause it was so hard. But at the end it was a piece of cake. Once i accidentally left a dungeon and i was so mad!

- Level 58 Strong Justin Silver

Petty Officer
Jul 22, 2014
Deaconisboss on Jul 12, 2015 wrote:
My level 22 swashbuckler can not beat stingtails. I use Froggo Villa , Nurse Quinn , and Tricky Vinny.
Ummm... Don't use Nurse Quinn... I know you probably only use her for her healing power, but seriously, replace her with Fan, Sarah, or Subodai. You need them more than Quinn's healing power.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
furborn74 on Feb 15, 2016 wrote:
Ummm... Don't use Nurse Quinn... I know you probably only use her for her healing power, but seriously, replace her with Fan, Sarah, or Subodai. You need them more than Quinn's healing power.
Quinn is good when you first get her

I don't know why but I feel like nurse Quinn should get a revive upon promotion (she currently doesn't have a promotion)

Ensign
Feb 27, 2013
I am level 25 and still finding it extremely hard. I'm trying to kill some bumbaloons in Big Sky. My companions know a lot of epics like first strike and riposte. It's crazy. Example: Sarah Steele- Repel Borders, First strike, Riposte, etc. Bumbaloon- vengeance strike. Sarah does all of her attacks on this bumbaloon, but then it gets to do a ton of vengeance strikes. You can see how I get frustrated with this.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
GizmoTheAwesome on Apr 15, 2016 wrote:
I am level 25 and still finding it extremely hard. I'm trying to kill some bumbaloons in Big Sky. My companions know a lot of epics like first strike and riposte. It's crazy. Example: Sarah Steele- Repel Borders, First strike, Riposte, etc. Bumbaloon- vengeance strike. Sarah does all of her attacks on this bumbaloon, but then it gets to do a ton of vengeance strikes. You can see how I get frustrated with this.
As you are finding - Swashbucklers aren't very good against Bumbaloons. Dust off your Buccaneers and see if they can do better for you.

If you're looking for help, try one of the fansites like Pirate101 Central. Other members may have Pirates in that same area, and teaming up could make the difference for you.

Ensign
Mar 05, 2016
TheEarthGems on Oct 17, 2012 wrote:
Hey!

A lot of my friends are always asking me for help (I am also in need of help in CR) on things I haven't done or previously done in CR because it's "Too stressful".

If you're finding CR too stressful, take a look at yourself, here's a few tips:

-If you get upset losing a companion that you adore - Don't worry! You can heal it at the end of the battle.
-If you die a lot in CR - Don't get annoyed. Adapt your battle strategy - The mobs are very clever.
-If you get bored of the questline and stressed over it - Don't. It's not worth getting stressed over a game.
-CR is very hard, I know myself. Just keep trying. I know it may be hard!
-Each zone is meant for a certain level. Coopers Roast the lowest, Deacon the highest. You need to be at least a level 18 when you first start CR to not complain about how hard it is. I'm currently level 22 and halfway through CR.

Just remember, CR is hard. Each world offers a challenge for you to participate in. If you need help, call a friend. Don't get upset :)
yeah cool ranch is pretty hard I think English bill and the buffaloons are hard I am level 28

Ensign
Mar 29, 2010
PavlovsFavoriteDog on Oct 19, 2012 wrote:
I'm level 28 and still find things in Cool Ranch WAY too hard. It would help if the enemies didn't have such a high block and dodge rate.
Hi there! When I lose in CR, it's usually time to swap my companions around. Think strategy, use your companions like in a game of chess.

Got a lot of Black Storm Raider privateers? They are unique in that while they use melee damage, they have higher magic resistance. Cut them down to size with your swashbucklers.

Got a lot of Musketeers and Swashbuckler enemies? (Santo Pollo area). Having a good mix works best. Use Redbeard (or a ) as a human (rat?) shield to hide your other units behind and soak up damage. Let Bonnie Anne shoot the low-magic-resistant Swashes to smithereens, and bring along a swash or witchdoctor to wipe up the rest of the mess with the high damage that your buccaneer is lacking.

Those crazy Buffaloons! (and Bumbleoons!) Ugh, all those vengeance strikes, right? The trouble with these is though they have low magic resistance, they have a TON of health/combo moves and just bringing along a bunch of Witchdoctors won't always do the trick. Bring a buccaneer of your own and summons if you have them to soak up damage and act as a distraction. You'll be surrounded since it's a creature battle so if you're a squishy type make sure you use plenty of drains or hide yourself. Swashbucklers I wouldn't recommend unless you have Scorpius, who has a very unnaturally high Melee Armor stat. Try throwing some Musketeers in your mix to hit them with magic damage. Here are some good set ups for buffaloons:

Redbeard (damage soaking, Scorpius (damage, Armored), Skyfire (decent Musketeer)
or
Old Scratch + His summon (damage soaker/distraction), Bonnie Anne, Sky Snake, Your own Summon

Against Swashbucklers (such as Sky Snakes):
They have HIGH DODGE. Can't stress this enough. Though they're weak to magic attacks, Witchdoctors have very low accuracy and will MISS THEM. Best to use some Musketeers with magic damage and high accuracy. If you have Scorpius he is also good, as he will match them head to head with their dodge stat and has good armor.