Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Crab cage?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 24, 2012
I'm really feeling dense here, sorry. I've been trying to defeat Buster Crab and it says I'm supposed to use the cage. I've clicked it left mouse, right mouse, tried to drag it..........what's it supposed to do? And there's a rock there, can I use that as an obstacle? The player guide says there are items there for me to use but I can't figure it out. Can someone give me a hint please?

Ensign
Jun 18, 2010
Click on the cage when you are in staging mode. Your person will go put out the fire on the pot. Then you will have to protect the "child". HTH.

Ensign
Mar 12, 2010
quilteddawg63 on Oct 17, 2012 wrote:
I'm really feeling dense here, sorry. I've been trying to defeat Buster Crab and it says I'm supposed to use the cage. I've clicked it left mouse, right mouse, tried to drag it..........what's it supposed to do? And there's a rock there, can I use that as an obstacle? The player guide says there are items there for me to use but I can't figure it out. Can someone give me a hint please?
It took me a few times to figure this one out too. You have three rounds of battle to stop the cage from falling into the pot. I pick whichever one of my characters is closest to the cage, and that character heads straight for the cage. When you are close enough, it will show you an "interact" symbol on the screen. And on that round, it will open the cage and release the little guy (forgot his name).

Then it tells you to "protect" that child. If he dies, you lose.

Hope this helps.

Petty Officer
Nov 28, 2008
During the battle with Buster Crab you will have 3 rounds to Save Young Nick... and that counts the first one you start in. On the battle map during the movement phase you will see a level right next to the cage he is in. You have to move acharacted to the cage and activate it during the battle. This will free Young Nick and he will become a combatant. It also adds another enemy at the same time.

My strategy is to kill as many as I can while walking a melee guy that direction. I choose melee so he can move and also attack in the same round.. On the last round when Nick is sitting right above the soup.. it will say 1 round left up top. If you dont do it by the end of combat that turn, you fail.

Hope that helps.

Jack Burton

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Spoiler Alert - It's similar to the statues at Skull Mountain Drain which you attacked. Just attack the cage before the boy is boiled by the cage falling into the pot.

Lieutenant
Jan 29, 2010
quilteddawg63 on Oct 17, 2012 wrote:
That is one of the moves you can make while selecting for battle (like any other move you make). Get one of your units (characters) close enough to the cage and you will see a set of "cogs" that mean you are interacting with that item. Click on the cage during set up of your move and then the cage will open during the battle sequence.

Good luck!

Ensign
May 24, 2012
Thank you everyone for all the info. This game is much different than Wizard but I'm enjoying it.