Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pirates Keeps Crashing on Crossover Macbook?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 20, 2010
Hi I bought a months subscription last night so that I could go ahead and play. ...It worked for about 20 minutes and then crashed?...Since then every time I log in and pick my character it crashes with a "Report Error"yes/no?...I have reported it several times?..I am using a subscription to CrossOver on a brand new Macbook pro and have used it for a while to play Wiz101(works flawlessly) and it was working fine for the first 20 minutes...I have just uninstalled and am gonna try a reinstall?Any suggestions appreciated?
Thanks,
Alexander T.

Administrator
Unfortunately CrossOver use is not currently supported for Pirate101. Minimum system requirements can be found here: https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/system_requirements

"Can I play Pirate101 on a Mac?
Pirate101 currently only runs on a Windows enabled computer. Pirate101 will not automatically run on a Mac"

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
May 31, 2012
I am currently running Pirate101 on my iMac on Bootcamp. Bootcamp requires making a harddrive partition of your disk where you install Windows on.

Look for BootCamp Assistant on your mac and follow the instructions. Anybody can do this and you can safely have Windows running on your mac without harming your current MacOS install.

You will need for this a bit patience, time, and a full install copy of Windows.

After that, install P101 on Windows and you should be all set.

Ensign
Apr 21, 2009
Is there any information on when Pirates might be made to support Crossover use?

Without this support it means I am forced to play the game on my desktop which is fine, but I enjoy the portability of playing Wizards on my Macbook.

As to Dhrane's suggestion. I know that would work and if there were other games I had to do it for then ok, but I am in no way interested in having to partition my hard drive to play one game.

Any info on this would be great! Thanks.