Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ship Equipment Light Hull Equip Not Unlocking

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 30, 2012
In Monquista there are two vendors with ship parts. One has medium hull ship parts and the other has light hull ship parts. I'm trying to purchase parts for my ship light ship hull and the parts should unlock at level 4, my ship is a level 5 now but was a 4 when I was trying to purchase them. All the parts are still locked, am I not understanding this correctly? Is there something else I should be looking for that maybe I still don't have and that is the reason they are still locked?

Bosun
May 10, 2010
Okay, there are a few things this could be.

1. There are different factions of ships:
Pirate skiff, Monquista Skiff, Bison Skiff, Marleybone Skiff, and Mooshu Skiff.

2. There are different classes of Ships:

Raft, Skiff, Frigate, Galleon

3. There is level and then there is Nautical level, you must meet both requirements and have the proper ship with the proper faction.

So, if you have a Pirate Galleon, which requires level 12 pirate and nautical level 8, you must meet all those requirements and then purchase the Pirate level Galleon equipment.

Hope this helps.

Ensign
Dec 13, 2009
Do the ship parts match the "Origin" of your ship?

You can't just match up "Light" or "Medium". If you fly a pirate skiff (Light), you cannot use Origin: Monquistador "Light" items on it.

If you mean the two vendors in Puerto Mico in the Tradewinds Skyway (Don't think Monquista City has any ship part vendors?), one has Medium Pirate (Frigate) parts, the other has Light Monquista (Skiff) parts. If you need Light parts for the pirate frigate, I think you need to shop in Gullet (under Jonahtown) in Skull Island, but I might be wrong.

Ensign
Jul 01, 2012
Well, ship part requirements go off of nautical level, I'm not sure if that's what you meant when you said ship level. But, it is worth noting that the second vendor sells parts for Monquistan ships-- look at the origins when you're using a ship, if you have the skull island skiff the Monquistan parts will not fit, since they're for the De Bonzo Galleon (which is, contrary to the name, a skiff). You get this ship either as a crown shop purchase at level eight, or as a quest reward when you're sent to Cool Ranch.

Hope this helps!

- Smiling Sierra Sharp

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
In Monquista, one vendor is for Monquistan ship parts and one vendor is for Pirate ship parts. Monquistan parts cannot be used on Pirate ships and vice versa. Since you don't mention which type of ship you have, I think that you might be trying to put the parts on the wrong type of ship.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
I apologize for implying that these vendors are in Monquista. They are Monquistans in Puerto Mico.