Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

To Attract more players...

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
BrynnerOfReign on Aug 11, 2016 wrote:
There is a difference between difficulty and challenge. Sure, as a game levels up, it should get a little more difficult, just as your character gains better gear to fight the more difficult game characters. Not everything needs to be the same level of Candyland - but it also doesn't need the mega cheating, hardcore challenge that will turn people away from the game

People want to quest. They want to have fun, not have a second job trying to get through a boss/dungeon that you must have 4 (mostly incompetent) players that are next to impossible to complete. Then you have players that leave in the middle of it, because they got what they need, without consideration of the other players in the dungeon. Not only that, but it's the only place you can get gear to advance in the game. Not only that, but the RNG is so bad, it can take you hundreds of times just to get one piece. Not only that, you're up against mega cheating bosses with mega health and attacks that just won't let up. Get better gear? Well, it's hard to do when the dungeon you're farming is the only place to get it and you can't seem to get the gear.

The high-level companion quests. I cringe every time I think about them. I have not been able to complete ONE of them yet. Why? Because my companion keeps dying, plus any other companions allowed in the fight, plus myself. When I try it again, it brings back the companion ... wounded. So, it's better to wait until the next day to try and finish the fights. It's too much for just a companion quest. I'm here to have fun and do my quests. I shouldn't have to have a doctorate just to figure out what to do next or find a workaround.

There are so many options as to where to take this game. Hardcore challenge mongering is not one of them.
I love how when we level up and become "op" its seen as fair but when the enemy does it it's referred to as "cheating." I'm not saying for it to be impossible but for it to be on level of what the player can do according to stats and powers.

As for promoting the game I think it should focus on the new powers and locations.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Ensign
Jul 01, 2009
BrynnerOfReign on Aug 11, 2016 wrote:
There is a difference between difficulty and challenge. Sure, as a game levels up, it should get a little more difficult, just as your character gains better gear to fight the more difficult game characters. Not everything needs to be the same level of Candyland - but it also doesn't need the mega cheating, hardcore challenge that will turn people away from the game

People want to quest. They want to have fun, not have a second job trying to get through a boss/dungeon that you must have 4 (mostly incompetent) players that are next to impossible to complete. Then you have players that leave in the middle of it, because they got what they need, without consideration of the other players in the dungeon. Not only that, but it's the only place you can get gear to advance in the game. Not only that, but the RNG is so bad, it can take you hundreds of times just to get one piece. Not only that, you're up against mega cheating bosses with mega health and attacks that just won't let up. Get better gear? Well, it's hard to do when the dungeon you're farming is the only place to get it and you can't seem to get the gear.

The high-level companion quests. I cringe every time I think about them. I have not been able to complete ONE of them yet. Why? Because my companion keeps dying, plus any other companions allowed in the fight, plus myself. When I try it again, it brings back the companion ... wounded. So, it's better to wait until the next day to try and finish the fights. It's too much for just a companion quest. I'm here to have fun and do my quests. I shouldn't have to have a doctorate just to figure out what to do next or find a workaround.

There are so many options as to where to take this game. Hardcore challenge mongering is not one of them.
I believe a game should get more difficult as you level up, but I don't think that difficulty should increase by big leaps and bounds. I think it should have a balanced increase that goes in line with the gear, talents and powers becoming available to the player as the levels increase.

That brings me to my main problem with the whole farming culture of KI games. I quit Wizard101 because it became so farming intensive that it became totally unfun for me. I could not get a viable team from a team up and I don't have enough friends left to fill up a Darkmoor run of 4 players. As a result, I have never finished Darkmoor on any of my characters, and still have only finished the Rat on one. Needless to say, I have no DM gear.

The same holds true for the exalted dungeons. No one to play with. I don't have enough time to waste dealing with the bad luck I'm having with team up. I'm lucky to have time to do the dungeon, so yeah. Then there are the packs. I have to deal with RNG there too, if I want a decent weapon, since farming dungeons is not really happening for me.

I have always relied on crafting for my gear, and that has served me well. But in Polaris there is no crafting. I hope there is in the next world, and I hope it doesn't involve farming for a reagent. I want to play W101 again but I won't be able to as eventually my gear will become very obsolete.

I am worried that Pirate101 will go the way of W101 and become heavily farming intensive. I know that is fun for some people, but I know of a lot of people who have quit over it. Please add a viable form of crafting (that does not involve farming dungeons for reagents please) to P101 if dungeon farming is going to become the main way that higher levels can get decent gear. I want to be able to continue to enjoy P101 and not wonder how much longer I can play this game if I can't update my gear. It makes me not want to invest too heavily if I'm not sure how much longer I can go on.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
Black Pearl on Aug 12, 2016 wrote:
I believe a game should get more difficult as you level up, but I don't think that difficulty should increase by big leaps and bounds. I think it should have a balanced increase that goes in line with the gear, talents and powers becoming available to the player as the levels increase.

That brings me to my main problem with the whole farming culture of KI games. I quit Wizard101 because it became so farming intensive that it became totally unfun for me. I could not get a viable team from a team up and I don't have enough friends left to fill up a Darkmoor run of 4 players. As a result, I have never finished Darkmoor on any of my characters, and still have only finished the Rat on one. Needless to say, I have no DM gear.

The same holds true for the exalted dungeons. No one to play with. I don't have enough time to waste dealing with the bad luck I'm having with team up. I'm lucky to have time to do the dungeon, so yeah. Then there are the packs. I have to deal with RNG there too, if I want a decent weapon, since farming dungeons is not really happening for me.

I have always relied on crafting for my gear, and that has served me well. But in Polaris there is no crafting. I hope there is in the next world, and I hope it doesn't involve farming for a reagent. I want to play W101 again but I won't be able to as eventually my gear will become very obsolete.

I am worried that Pirate101 will go the way of W101 and become heavily farming intensive. I know that is fun for some people, but I know of a lot of people who have quit over it. Please add a viable form of crafting (that does not involve farming dungeons for reagents please) to P101 if dungeon farming is going to become the main way that higher levels can get decent gear. I want to be able to continue to enjoy P101 and not wonder how much longer I can play this game if I can't update my gear. It makes me not want to invest too heavily if I'm not sure how much longer I can go on.
Thank you.

This .... in a nutshell, and you expressed what I've been trying to say with more eloquence than I was able to get across.