Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

miracle mitches prices

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
witchdoctor of awe... on Jun 29, 2016 wrote:
They should just revert the old companion system back to normal
Where it's randomized (except for your firstmate )

That way, it's not "oh your best 3 will always be in a fight" and It will encourage those max players that have level
30s to train them! I liked the old system because If your good person died, all you'd have to do is life fountain! Now it's like either pay 100k gold or wait 3 weeks for him to heal!
That way it was, "oh your best 3 will always be in a fight", because a visit to the life fountain or use of a mojo potion was all it took to restore them!
You want randomized? Go to your options page and choose that.
This way does encourage max levels to train all companions ( if only to have those companions giving them the best gear or gold from tasks ).
Don't exaggerate - it's not 100k gold or 3 weeks to heal; 35k or 7-8 hours ( for those who have trained "Scrapper" for companions its much less ).

Ensign
Jun 17, 2009
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jun 28, 2016 wrote:
Welcome to the message boards Vanessa. There are no guarantees that our outcries will produce the desired result but many times the devs have listened to us and made some big game changes just to please us, so ya never know.
Hmm, ok. I used to be on the Wizard101 message boards in years past frequently. I just wish they'd lower the prices and add a crowns option. That would be nice if they could do that and if they had the summer update for Pirate and added that in, or if they had a special event (like the double XP for members events and such) if the prices were half off, I would really like that. Especially now that I am a higher level I have to wait 6 hours, and it just really infuriates me. Thanks for responding

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Thanks One-eyed jack, I have noticed how much stronger these wounded companions got by using them in tough battle, and brawling when switching to play wizard 101 or something else, eg watch ki live.

Note-Miracles are not cheap it take years or even decades to master that talent, I can't blame Mitch for his high price. That is the reset button for to have a chance or 5 to build stronger companions. I hope this help.

Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2012
I think the prices are a little too over the top

30k for a level 1 injury NOPE NO THANKS.

Petty Officer
Dec 31, 2009
So the point of these prices is to encourage people who can not even keep their "best" companions alive to use third string companions? LOL, how does this even make sense to anyone, if their best team dies what are the chances they will succeed with a lesser team?

The prices are ridiculous and do not but encourage people to give up imo.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Jasmine3429 on Jul 9, 2016 wrote:
So the point of these prices is to encourage people who can not even keep their "best" companions alive to use third string companions? LOL, how does this even make sense to anyone, if their best team dies what are the chances they will succeed with a lesser team?

It's been said time and time again on these boards -- if your crew is dying, maybe they aren't the best ones to be using against those enemies.

They are no longer the "best" companions if their skill set is not what is needed to survive a battle. Players will only find that out when they are willing to put in those "second string" crewmates and find out "Wow -- these guys did great? Why didn't I know that they were so good?"

The game is simply not designed for using the same three companions throughout. That's why we have three PAGES of companions.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Jasmine3429 on Jul 9, 2016 wrote:

Perhaps it's not the strength of the team but the skill of the tactician that's needed. If you're using the same tactics in every fight, losing your "best" companions is inevitable. That means you don't get to fall into a rut during battles, but must think your way out of the battle, not just thump your way through.

Prices are not unreasonable. If I want to play with only certain crew, I must be willing to pay the price to keep them.

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2011
Here's what we need to change in the companion system:
Allow recovering companions via fountain
Companions on promotion quests (our main ones) get a rubber duck effect to prevent them from getting knocked out during the quest

Petty Officer
Dec 31, 2009
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Jul 10, 2016 wrote:
Perhaps it's not the strength of the team but the skill of the tactician that's needed. If you're using the same tactics in every fight, losing your "best" companions is inevitable. That means you don't get to fall into a rut during battles, but must think your way out of the battle, not just thump your way through.

Prices are not unreasonable. If I want to play with only certain crew, I must be willing to pay the price to keep them.
I do not personally have this issue myself. My main point being is that people who are struggling to begin with will just get frustrated to the point of quitting. Do you really think nurse quinn or chicken miner are going to help their strategy any? The reality of the matter is that the Majority of companions you get are sub par, less epics, less talents, no powers it has absolutely nothing to do with strategy.

I see absolutely no reason whatsoever for the prices to be so high.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Jasmine3429 on Jul 13, 2016 wrote:
I do not personally have this issue myself. My main point being is that people who are struggling to begin with will just get frustrated to the point of quitting. Do you really think nurse quinn or chicken miner are going to help their strategy any? The reality of the matter is that the Majority of companions you get are sub par, less epics, less talents, no powers it has absolutely nothing to do with strategy.

I see absolutely no reason whatsoever for the prices to be so high.
Ok, I'll take Nurse Quinn & Chicken Miner into Kane's Great Machine for his battle; just to prove it's the player and not the companion that is the key to winning -- and I'll report the results here!
I have my orders set on First Mate and of my 34 companions only 12 are on task. This means I get a surprise every fight! Who will turn up and how will I use them?
That's what tactics is about.
If Miracle Mitch were cheap everyone would revive "the best 3" over and over, and there would be no innovation and the game would stagnate, that's the reason the prices are so high!

P.S. I won't use Crab Hermit because of Rooke's and Kane's Swift Retribution, also I won't use Weasel Gambler because of Rooke's reflect Rookechet.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I have just finished a Kane run and as I said previously I used Nurse Quinn & Jake Dawson ( my Chicken Miner ) along with Itzen Kaan ( from Tribal Pack ) in the final Kane battle.
Want to know how they did? Not only did they survive the battle but they were instrumental in destroying Rooke and Queen ( pt. 2, a promoted Marine ) Itzen and Quinn helped with healing, and Jake defeated a Marine by himself!
I would say that this demonstrates what many players have said all along: train them right and promote them and you don't have to depend on a small pool of so-called "good" companions!
I also say it's the captain and not the crew that makes a win!

Ensign
Jun 10, 2015
I agree with miracle mitch's prices being over the top(I'm watching that monkey-_-) but what I've found is to make a "B" Team of companions that can either A: Be as effect as my A team or B: Can take over the role of my fallen companion(s).