Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

I Soloed Kane!

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Please excuse me, but I have to brag a bit about this. I tried to solo Kane in test realm, and it was a fiasco - defeated in 3 rounds by Kane and his Court.
So when it came time to do the Great Machine live, I looked for a friend to help me and I hired henchmen, spending Crowns like water, and still we nearly lost!
Tonight I decided to try again, just to see if I could and I had no more Crowns.
First 2 fights were not that difficult ( as everyone knows ).
Ah, but when it came to Kane - ugh first attempt was horrid, a pawn promoted; El Toro, Subodai and Ratbeard are now resting comfortably in their bunks.
Second attempt with an all swash team did just a wee bit better, though Contessa and Rdolfo are also on inactive duty. But they were magnificent, tearing apart a pawn, Rooke and nearly icing Deacon!
Fan finished Deacon and the other pawn which left Queen for me and I devoted much effort to her destruction ( BTW, Riposte 3 and my awesome dodge were my saving grace ).
That left Bishop and Kane was standing beside him. I used Assassin's shroud and again riposte 3 ( with elusive ) allowed me to do quite a bit of damage to the Supreme Commander, but his continual Deadly Frenzy eventually ended me.
It was then up to Fan and poison to do the rest. Which it did, phew. Now I've done it and don't have to try again.
Thank you for reading and if you want to form a farming party, count me in. ( I just need 6 more runs for Kane's Nemesis badge. )

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2010
anecorbie on Jun 20, 2016 wrote:
Please excuse me, but I have to brag a bit about this. I tried to solo Kane in test realm, and it was a fiasco - defeated in 3 rounds by Kane and his Court.
So when it came time to do the Great Machine live, I looked for a friend to help me and I hired henchmen, spending Crowns like water, and still we nearly lost!
Tonight I decided to try again, just to see if I could and I had no more Crowns.
Ah, but when it came to Kane - ugh first attempt was horrid, a pawn promoted; El Toro, Subodai and Ratbeard are now resting comfortably in their bunks.
Second attempt with an all swash team did just a wee bit better, though Contessa and Rdolfo are also on inactive duty. But they were magnificent, tearing apart a pawn, Rooke and nearly icing Deacon!
Fan finished Deacon and the other pawn which left Queen for me and I devoted much effort to her destruction ( BTW, Riposte 3 and my awesome dodge were my saving grace ).
That left Bishop and Kane was standing beside him. I used Assassin's shroud and again riposte 3 ( with elusive ) allowed me to do quite a bit of damage to the Supreme Commander, but his continual Deadly Frenzy eventually ended me.
It was then up to Fan and poison to do the rest. Which it did, phew. Now I've done it and don't have to try again.
Thank you for reading and if you want to form a farming party, count me in. ( I just need 6 more runs for Kane's Nemesis badge. )
I tried soloing Kane and it was going well until the end where there was 1 pawn left and Kane but then the pawn became a queen and I was getting unlucky with doubloons and the enemies got lots of Criticals on me so all my companions ended up dying and my pirate almost died but then I got a privy to help me with the rest. This was on my swashbuckler btw.

Impressive that you soloed it though, a 9v4 battle can be difficult sometimes. In my opinion, the best way to solo it is to summon a bunch of stuff to distract them while you're in fog like using Mark of Mooshu and Stygian Chorus from the totem and the Moo Robe if you have that. Sadly I didn't have the Moo robe but if I did, soloing Kane would be so much easier. Anyways, after that, you should target a ranged enemy like Deacon or Bishop with all your companions (I mostly bring melee companions like El Toro, Sarah Steele and Fan Flanders). And also it's a good idea to bring accuracy, dodge, daze and various summons to the fight.

Lvl 70
Lvl 68
Lvl 28
Lvl 12

Ensign
Feb 19, 2010
Congrats! Pretty sure I'm never going to do that lol.

And you do know there's a Bane of Kane badge at 100 runs?

Thats gonna take forever.......

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
wizardrocks969 on Jun 20, 2016 wrote:
Congrats! Pretty sure I'm never going to do that lol.

And you do know there's a Bane of Kane badge at 100 runs?

Thats gonna take forever.......
Thank you! Yes, I have heard of the Bane of Kane badge and that there are some players who already have it.
It couldn't take as long as getting the Master of Moo badge: 1. because this dungeon is quick ( half hour, tops )
2. Because it's Kane that drops the desired items, no one is going to leave until they beat Kane.
I'm crazy, but I'm going to try to get that badge......

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Congratulations!

I want to figure out a bit more about how it works before attempting it solo (I have only done it once, successfully, as part of a two-pirate team).

-Indigo

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Congrats on your victory.

I thought it's impossible to beat Kane and his court in solo battle. That was an amazing effort, to defeat such a powerful leader with strong allies.

Lieutenant
Aug 19, 2011
Bragging rights well deserved.

When I fought Kane in test realm, I spent nearly 10k crowns for not only help to fight off those accursed clockworks, but to keep my poor Witchdoctor alive - and Kane would always kill her right away (he really did not like her, but we already know why). I made it out thanks to the many henchmen I hired, and my companions had some sleeping to do. That was my very first - and only - fight with him, which I soloed, and I now consider it the toughest fight I ever had.

Now, while questing through Valencia part 2 again and seeing how the enemies aren't as bad as they were back then - I'm hoping I wouldn't have to spend the same amount of crowns this time when I do see him again (maybe I should consider joining a group this time?).

Perhaps on another day, I will be as gutsy as you and take on Kane by myself... without crowns.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Hoodoo Mistress on Jun 20, 2016 wrote:
Bragging rights well deserved.

When I fought Kane in test realm, I spent nearly 10k crowns for not only help to fight off those accursed clockworks, but to keep my poor Witchdoctor alive - and Kane would always kill her right away (he really did not like her, but we already know why). I made it out thanks to the many henchmen I hired, and my companions had some sleeping to do. That was my very first - and only - fight with him, which I soloed, and I now consider it the toughest fight I ever had.

Now, while questing through Valencia part 2 again and seeing how the enemies aren't as bad as they were back then - I'm hoping I wouldn't have to spend the same amount of crowns this time when I do see him again (maybe I should consider joining a group this time?).

Perhaps on another day, I will be as gutsy as you and take on Kane by myself... without crowns.
I heartily encourage anyone doing this dungeon for the first time to - GET HELP! Get a few friends together, the more, the better ( and easier ) it is.
Many people want to farm Kane and need a team, I wish team up was available for this dungeon.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Beyond well done and a hearty dose of congratulations

Thank you for sharing your adventure with us and including tips to help us along the way.

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
Inhale not gotten up to the fight with Kane yet but from what I have seen it sounds super hard so congratulations

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
Ye be very Brave or very Insane, I admire that Fair Lass.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
jack morgan933 on Jun 22, 2016 wrote:
Ye be very Brave or very Insane, I admire that Fair Lass.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan
I was insane and very, very lucky.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Congratulations! At some point young Tavia is going to have to try it alone, but for now I think I'll still hide behind Indigo if we go in again.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
anecorbie on Jun 22, 2016 wrote:
I was insane and very, very lucky.
Still Fair Lass, I admire yer tenacity fer taking on Kane by yerself.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Hug!

(Don't you just love her?) I do!

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
Congratulations on your solo! That is something I still need to remove from the bucket list.

For some advice, do you think Bonnie Anne would work well for the Kane fight in a solo?

Petty Officer
Jan 09, 2010
Congrats Anecorbe.

I wonder what my chances will be, considering I've never grouped (except to help others) primary due to time zone and length of playing sessions, but also due to personal preference. I've never done PvP, only tried the tower once (didn't really realise what I was getting in to and was way too low of level to try). I've never use henchmen or spend gold on gear (not that I don't have gold to spend, I just don't like spending gold on short-term items).

I'm guessing when it comes time I will have to have heaps of luck..... something that I rarely get in important battles. Can't wait to try, but I think I may take me just a little longer to get past it then you did

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Equipment it took for me to solo Kane:

Captain Blood's Jacket
English Bill's hat
Imperator's Sandali
Nefarious Staff
Eyepatch of blind fury
Grizzled Heart Banner
Shrimpy sapphire necklace
Sapphire Aztecosaur ring

Pet: Emerald budgie
Powers: Jobu's Kiss
Soul Reaver
Dodgy
Turn the tide

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
FireMorgan13 on Aug 1, 2016 wrote:
Congratulations on your solo! That is something I still need to remove from the bucket list.

For some advice, do you think Bonnie Anne would work well for the Kane fight in a solo?
No, you can't keep her from Over Watch ( unless you didn't give it to her ) on Rooke and the Reflect/Rookechet will tear up your team.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Way to go on both soloing Kane and on nearing the "Bane of Kane" badge, Esperanza.

I'm only about a tenth of the way there but I'm determined to get it by soloing every run. I find it hilarious after you've decimated the court, and you watch the faster than any living being 'hop' around 2 squares at a time, as you Buff/Shield your pirate and any other crew members left standing. He tries so hard to get to you as you playfully do laps around the board, only to go in over-buffed/shielded and finish him off.

He has gotten the last laugh before, though...

One time it was me and Quint left standing against Kane and Rooke-- both with over half their health. So I went around the board buffing/healing/shielding and taking shots at Rooke when I knew Kane would not be within striking distance. I ended up losing Peter and finished off Rooke and it was just Kane and I left dancing. So, I kept up the buffing/healing/doubloons usage until I had restored almost all of my health and was Supercharged. Kane was in the yellow (semi-close to red) and I made the mistake of choosing Reckless Frenzy instead of a Vicious Charge on him. Well, he dodged the second Frenzy (but of course) and hit me with Vengeance Strike to which I responded with my own Mega Vengeance Strike and an Epic Blade Storm, followed by another Blade Storm. Sweet, 1 out of 6 of my Relentless's and Burst Fires will finish him off for sure. He thought different!

I proceeded to watch him dodge/block the ensuing 3 Relentless and 3 Burst Fire attempts and my turn ended with him having no more than 15-20 health left. He then landing 3 Deadly Frenzies and I was left wobblin'. I actually laughed at it because it was one of those "Yeah....riiiiight!" kind of moments.

Again great job, Esperanza!

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
anecorbie on Aug 12, 2016 wrote:
18 more runs until I get "Bane of Kane"!
very impressive Fair Lass.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

- Deadeye Edward Morgan

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
So, I think I just had my easiest solo run of Kane!

1st battle: Quint/Temujin/Zang. Went all Buccs w/ Super Strikes & Acc. reduction powers. With Zang's & Temujin's, also reducing Agility-- great for Swash & Musket.

1st rd: Used Blood Flames- sandwiching Quint in 3 Flames...because the enemy likes Pelicans. Used Quint's Whale's Might. Moved Temujin & Zang behind Flames. Like moths the enemy approached & 3 were left in the red. Repel/First Strike, Crits. finished the Dragoon. Flames finished Swash & 1 Marine.
2nd rd: Mop up duty.

Aftermath: 2 rounds, no losses

2nd Battle: Quint/Goronado/Nausica- Charge/Rel./Burst combo key for only 1 round battle

1st & only rd: I usually Charge the opposite machine & let Rel./Burst finish it off. Vicious didn't show, so I placed BF's around it. Quint charged upper machine & Rel. finished it. Goro & Nausica destroyed lower machine. Enemy got it's turn & Flames finished the machine at round's end. With Vicious Charge, the enemy usually never gets their move.

Aftermath: 1 round, no losses

Kane Battle: Went Scratch/Zang/Quint

1st rd: Had Flames available but instead Forted Scratch, used his Spell Buff, Quint's Whale's Might, re-positioned Zang. Court attacked w/ only Queen & 1 Marine making it to crew. Queen hit Zang, who went FS/BS/Rel/Crit crazy.
2nd rd: Used Spell Power doub. Dropped Flames around hostiles. With Crit Hits & each Flame doing 2600+ damage, Queen, 1 Marine, & Bishop were disposed of & Rooke in the red.
3rd rd: Used Summon doub, Levi'ed Valkoor, Scratch finished Rooke, 2 bucks hit & finished Deacon w/ 2 Super Strikes/Rel/Crits/BS's. Valkoor's Veng/Rel/Burst/Crits finished 2nd Marine. Kane got to Zang & cooked his goose.
Next few rnds: Moved away from Kane, healed, summoned via doubs, Buffed STR, Shielded & led Kane to the "welcoming committee". Next round hit Kane w/ Assassin's & Quint's Charge finished him.

Aftermath: 8 rounds, 1 loss (Zang) & more duplicates of Privy gear

Total Kane Run: About 22 minutes, 1 loss

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Howdy Esperanza! Thought I'd share that I finally got through Kane without losing a companion. I've come close, but always seem to make a wrong move near the end.

I went Quint, Gracie & Old Scratch.

After the 1st few attempts went awry, Blood Flames & Valor's Fortress appeared in the 1st rd. A Maelstrom doubloon came up too, which was great for giving me time to get in a few buffs & use as many of Scratch's Mojo Buffs before dropping the Flames.

RD 1- Saved the doubloon, used a 10-rd shield, used Quint's Whale's Might, Scratch's 50% buff, & centered Gracie's Golem 2-rows, in front of my crew. The Golem halted the Marines & Queen, & "ate up" the Marine's Charges, while doing decent damage.

RD 2- Used Shark's Fury, kept Gracie back, finished Marine with Quint's Super & used Scratch's 100% Mojo Buff. Saved Maelstrom for 1 more rd. Enemies moved in closer & some "pleasantries" were exchanged. Luckily no enemies made it too far.

RD 3- Used Maelstrom to blow back the Court. Dropped Blood Flames towards lower left corner & moved crew in behind them. Enemy advanced while taking some hard hits from the flames.

RD 4- Used random doubloon. Used Valor's Fortress on Valkoor, let Quint & Gracie finish off Bishop before he could target the Blood Flames with his AoE.

A huge, helpful strategy (if all goes well) is to try to at least set the Flames to where they take out the charging, lower health Marines & Queen. But more importantly, put them where Rooke has a great chance to end up in the center of them. Not only do you hit him hard, Kane will port in & take damage from the Flames at the end of the rd. The Flames get rid of Rooke, or knock his health dangerously low. By removing Rooke & also knocking Kane's health down, you pretty much eliminate Kane as a threat. Circle the board & eliminate stragglers as they chase you.

At the end of the battle my entire crew was left standing with full health (thanks to Retreat doubloons & playing cat & mouse).

It was a great day in court!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Woooohoooo! Bane of Kane!!!!!!
My last two runs were a duo with Virtuous Dante Ramsey!!!!