Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Fight Centaurs & Amazons for Stone Blocks? Really?

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
In the side quest, "Pros and Concrete", Frontinus said to "Fight some Centaurs and Amazons..." to take back Stone Blocks to repair the pillar that supports the Aqua Novus Aqueduct, but we don't really battle Centaurs & Amazons to get the Stone Blocks back, do we? No. We don't. All we did is search across Achaea to find Stone blocks scattered across it, nothing else.

This clearly is a dialogue error, one that the writers at KI need to correct, & I recall no such quest goal in defeating them to take back the Stone Blocks. True. And we don't need such a one to that quest.

Perhaps Frontinus' dialogue snippet, before accepting that quest, "Could you help us? Fight some Centaurs and Amazons and take back our building materials. We need Stones!", should be revised to "We saw some spare Stone Blocks they dropped throughout Achaea. Could you help us? Find and bring back enough Stone Blocks to begin repairing the Aqueduct. We need Stones!", as my suggestion to revise that dialogue snippet.

Hope KingsIsle's got some time to do that soon. Just thought I would get that to their attention. Thanks!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Apr 27, 2016 wrote:
In the side quest, "Pros and Concrete", Frontinus said to "Fight some Centaurs and Amazons..." to take back Stone Blocks to repair the pillar that supports the Aqua Novus Aqueduct, but we don't really battle Centaurs & Amazons to get the Stone Blocks back, do we? No. We don't. All we did is search across Achaea to find Stone blocks scattered across it, nothing else.

This clearly is a dialogue error, one that the writers at KI need to correct, & I recall no such quest goal in defeating them to take back the Stone Blocks. True. And we don't need such a one to that quest.

Perhaps Frontinus' dialogue snippet, before accepting that quest, "Could you help us? Fight some Centaurs and Amazons and take back our building materials. We need Stones!", should be revised to "We saw some spare Stone Blocks they dropped throughout Achaea. Could you help us? Find and bring back enough Stone Blocks to begin repairing the Aqueduct. We need Stones!", as my suggestion to revise that dialogue snippet.

Hope KingsIsle's got some time to do that soon. Just thought I would get that to their attention. Thanks!
I'm very glad this wasn't the case of : "fight X and collect X number of stone blocks"; I think many players would agree we've had enough of those.

Lieutenant
Sep 14, 2015
anecorbie on Apr 27, 2016 wrote:
I'm very glad this wasn't the case of : "fight X and collect X number of stone blocks"; I think many players would agree we've had enough of those.
Totally agree. What's even worse is when you're fighting ship battles AND collecting something. The problem is, the goal ends up taking me like 50 minutes to complete because it keeps saying 'You did not collect _______ from the ship. It gets so annoying after a while. Why P101 take their time and energy to make players frustrate is beyond me.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Captain Blaze Hunt... on Apr 27, 2016 wrote:
Totally agree. What's even worse is when you're fighting ship battles AND collecting something. The problem is, the goal ends up taking me like 50 minutes to complete because it keeps saying 'You did not collect _______ from the ship. It gets so annoying after a while. Why P101 take their time and energy to make players frustrate is beyond me.
It's the luck of the roll of the RNG, Ki isn't purposefully trying to make these "fight & collect" quests harder.
What I do if I run into a string of "did not collect..." is change tactics - if I'm sinking ships, I change to boarding or I change the area where I'm attacking ships ( ex. in AQ there are several areas in the Achaean Way where you can find vulture ships ) OR I change realms. Any of these changes will break a string of bad luck on the RNG.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Speaking of collecting items from ship battles, near the end of that quest they have you go defeat vulture ships to collect students.

The first time I defeated a ship and did not collect a student, I thought it said:

"Did not collect student parts. Try again."

Wait, they tore them apart?? The fiends!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Max DeGroot on May 28, 2016 wrote:
Speaking of collecting items from ship battles, near the end of that quest they have you go defeat vulture ships to collect students.

The first time I defeated a ship and did not collect a student, I thought it said:

"Did not collect student parts. Try again."

Wait, they tore them apart?? The fiends!
Were you also doing Fabron's quest to collect the parts from the Machina? Maybe you read both notices as one.