Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Thank You Pirate101 for Expansion Proof

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I just want to say thank you to Pirate101 for showing us in KI Live that there is truly work being done on our beloved game and that it has not been shelved. We die hard fans have been insisting that we will get our new content eventually and you have finally let that light of hope shine that we have been tenderly protecting and nursing along amidst the darkness of naysayers.

The WHOOPS of joy were heard all over the Spiral when that Valencia II teaser rolled and I have never been more jealous of Tom and his magical abilities to enjoy the secret good stuff ahead of us. We are beyond grateful for your affirmation of our steadfast belief that we Pirates will be marauding all over the Spiral for many years to come.

*Gives a grateful, deep dancers bow with an Anne Radcliffish flourish of my piratey, plumed hat.*

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
I've already said this on central but I want to insist... I'm really impressed by KI's artists skills!

That town in the teaser is gorgeous, I think you guys really have a knack when it comes to buildings and such (among other things) I mean, just look at the houses we can get for example, they're all huge and impressive :)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
To those who were saying P101 was washed up & finished and that KI would always pay more attention to W101 because "it's the money maker", this is a" big Hah! ' to them.

Ensign
Jun 17, 2009
anecorbie on Apr 22, 2016 wrote:
To those who were saying P101 was washed up & finished and that KI would always pay more attention to W101 because "it's the money maker", this is a" big Hah! ' to them.
Uh, it's apparent and obvious that KI pays more attention to W101 than P101; and it also makes more money than P101. This has been known for quite awhile. The last actual update(I'm talking story continuation, not small add-ons) was May 23rd, 2013.

Let me know of any other MMO that can do that and survive. Trust me, you won't find one. KI is taking advantage of the fact that this is primarily a kids game. Hence the lack of communication from devs and lack of updates. Next month will mark 3 years since a world was introduced. Nobody can/should argue that it takes that long to develop more content.

Just wish KI would quit keeping us in the dark and actually communicate with us what's going on. Keeping things from your customers isn't a great way to run a business, let alone a MMO.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Ijjob on Apr 22, 2016 wrote:
Uh, it's apparent and obvious that KI pays more attention to W101 than P101; and it also makes more money than P101. This has been known for quite awhile. The last actual update(I'm talking story continuation, not small add-ons) was May 23rd, 2013.

Let me know of any other MMO that can do that and survive. Trust me, you won't find one. KI is taking advantage of the fact that this is primarily a kids game. Hence the lack of communication from devs and lack of updates. Next month will mark 3 years since a world was introduced. Nobody can/should argue that it takes that long to develop more content.

Just wish KI would quit keeping us in the dark and actually communicate with us what's going on. Keeping things from your customers isn't a great way to run a business, let alone a MMO.
I'm sorry, but I am so SICK and TIRED of hearing this. They chose to go back and revamp the game mechanics based on players' feedback, and balance the class powers so that they could introduce Ranked PvP.

Let's just put this tired old complaint to rest, and look forward to some new pirating adventures.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
KI is probably taking the safe route by limiting info about upcoming updates. Does anyone remember Blizzard? The company behind the Diablo, Warcraft and StarCraft franchises. They used to give release dates for upcoming material but their projects inevitably met with delays of one sort or another so they finally decided that whenever any one asked "When is it coming out?" their stock answer became... "When it's finished!".
Probably a smart approach.
I've seen enough posts, both on this forum and on the W101 forum, to convince me that the "community" that plays KI's games is... hmm, how to put it delicately... OK, I can't put it delicately... they're impatient and demanding (present company excepted of course!). No answer will ever be good enough... no update will be complete enough. And none of it will ever be fast enough!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

We don't know why there was a delay with our update, maybe there were problems with the story that needed a re-write, or maybe certain items requested by players were being added.
Those who were saying P101 wasn't going to progress, that we were only going to get filler and that eventually P101 would die out, are the ones with egg on their faces now.
"Small add ons?" I don't regard the Advanced Pets & Companion Management as small, plus the needed expansion of the Blood Shoals quest line has been a boon to many new players. The Tower of Moo Manchu has given a needed boost to stats/powers in high level gear this game was lacking ( before the tower, the highest level gear was only for lvl 60+. )
And Ranked PVP ( although many aren't thrilled by this addition ) was something players had asked for from the very beginning.
I have often commented on the lack of communication from KI in regard to updates. I do agree the level of silence was frustrating.
Let's just be happy that now we can continue and that this update will have been worth the wait.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Silver Angel on Apr 22, 2016 wrote:
I've already said this on central but I want to insist... I'm really impressed by KI's artists skills!

That town in the teaser is gorgeous, I think you guys really have a knack when it comes to buildings and such (among other things) I mean, just look at the houses we can get for example, they're all huge and impressive :)
I also saw it & heard some new themes. Looks like the music theme variety may be upped in Valencia II, almost like in W101's Polaris. Hope there's more new combat themes, too.

I can hope there's also some new boss combat themes, too, shared & unique themes, like how it was with The Rat's unique boss combat theme in W101, but, I'll wait & see. I would like to hear unique boss combat themes for Deacon in Cool Ranch, & Rooke in Marleybone. Maybe I would like to hear a unique combat theme while battling Phule one day.

To those that were watching the new clip, did you see the large Clockwork island/base seen in one of Valencia's pics in the past? Look closely, & you'll remember. It's the same one seen in the pic, & I knew it was on another Skyway! I can also hope there's some unique Armada Fortresses &/or bases in Valencia II. I don't mind seeing more. Just some more unique ones, rather than seeing more recyclable copies.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Apr 22, 2016 wrote:
I kept saying to them, & some just wouldn't even hear it. I knew it wasn't being forgotten, because KI never forgets P101! I always knew it!

Plus, if some of you were watching, Bonnie Anne admitted to One-Eyed Jack & us that "...it's kind of fun making them wait just a little longer...". Guilty as charged, Anne. Even she knew we waited too long.

I know they were having some thrill in making us wait a bit longer, but, even they may, & should also know, at times, that enough is enough. Can't leave us waiting too long to give us some sneak peeks on story updates.

Hope once the long awaited second story update comes out, we won't have to wait about three years for story update number three. No joke. I'm not kidding on that.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
I must add my most heartfelt thanks to KI as well. I was legitimately in tears the entire time the Valencia footage rolled...I just couldn't believe it. It was such a sudden shock and after so long a hiatus that I just couldn't hold back my emotions. Three years is a long time to wait; I'll admit that I lost faith and even went so far as to make the comment, "Oh, it's probably just more pet stuff or furniture," but Pirate101 pulled through and made me toss most of my doubts out the window. Even though I'm dead excited and beyond grateful for the news of a storyline update, I am still hesitant at pouring all of my heart back into the game because I don't think I can take a snippet of story followed by another three years of being largely forgotten.

Regardless, I'm still beyond happy that we've gotten real, solid proof at Valencia's existence and a somewhat concrete date for its release into the live game. Another huge thank you to KingsIsle for that. I eagerly await summer 2016.

Commodore
May 31, 2009

I think you missed the point of the post. Wiz is a money maker because it's older and has a larger fanbase; Pirate is the little sibling that's still trying to figure out how to get along on its own legs. Pirate101 isn't done: yesterday's KI Live proved that.

"This is primarily a kids game"

It's actually a family game; quite a few of the people I've met through the game are adults, several with kids of their own, and a lot of teenagers play as well. Sure, the majority of new players are twelve or younger, but a lot of parents aren't going to drop their money for kids that age to play paid content in a a game like this unless they're into it themselves. My parents wouldn't have. The players that are waiting for an update are generally not kids; most of the level 65 players who have finished Aquila are mature players.

As for KingsIsle's lack of communication, there's no excuse for that whatsoever. I assume it was because of Coleman and crew leaving and the subsequent scramble to organize the company, as well as the merging of the Wiz/Pirate teams to form the group as it is now, along with all of the mobile game stuff. KI has never been fully transparent, and I doubt it will ever be, but hopefully now that we have a definite, "Yes, there will be a story update for Pirate101 this year, here is some proof," they will be a bit more open about things.

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
I know I said this before but I'll say it again thank you sooooooo much kingsisle I can't wait to sail the sky's again and I bet everyone else can't wait either see you all then

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
The time be drawing near me hearty's, to set sail to new adventure and what better place to continue then somewhere dangerous like Valencia II. To Scrap the Armada, Save Lives, and Hunt fer New Loot! Yarrrr that be the life, ye feel me Mates.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Lieutenant
Sep 14, 2015
I am sooooooooo happy about this news right now. Because if it is affirmative that we are going to Valencia, then the test realm must be on its way. And then after the test realms..............well, you guys probably know where I'm going with this.

Lieutenant
May 26, 2013
I love that they finally announced this, but I actually feel a little disappointed. From what I can tell, the Valencia expansion isn't even done yet. I find that disheartening, and slightly, well, pathetic. It's taken them nearly three years to do this, and it's not done yet. However, I am excited that there finally is an update, no matter how long it took them. I hope during the (huge) amount of time that they had, they have added many unique and interesting NPCs, companions, places, and storylines.
Dashing Duncan Quinn

Ensign
Dec 10, 2010
Willowydream on Apr 22, 2016 wrote:
I'm sorry, but I am so SICK and TIRED of hearing this. They chose to go back and revamp the game mechanics based on players' feedback, and balance the class powers so that they could introduce Ranked PvP.

Let's just put this tired old complaint to rest, and look forward to some new pirating adventures.
Amen.

I haven't the time to read the rest, so if I repeat what someone has already said, I apologize. I agree with the quote above, and it softened my heart a bit, but I'll say what I need to anyway. I personally thought the small updates were pretty important as well. We knew they wouldn't let the game die off, because whether anyone thinks they communicate enough or not, they OBVIOUSLY would have told us whether or not they were thinking of stopping the game.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Willowydream on Apr 22, 2016 wrote:

Yes! You sing it! You're not the only one who is sick & tired about many players' repeated worries & complaints about W101 having more attention than P101.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
MistyDragon13 on Apr 22, 2016 wrote:
I think you missed the point of the post. Wiz is a money maker because it's older and has a larger fanbase; Pirate is the little sibling that's still trying to figure out how to get along on its own legs. Pirate101 isn't done: yesterday's KI Live proved that.

"This is primarily a kids game"

It's actually a family game; quite a few of the people I've met through the game are adults, several with kids of their own, and a lot of teenagers play as well. Sure, the majority of new players are twelve or younger, but a lot of parents aren't going to drop their money for kids that age to play paid content in a a game like this unless they're into it themselves. My parents wouldn't have. The players that are waiting for an update are generally not kids; most of the level 65 players who have finished Aquila are mature players.

As for KingsIsle's lack of communication, there's no excuse for that whatsoever. I assume it was because of Coleman and crew leaving and the subsequent scramble to organize the company, as well as the merging of the Wiz/Pirate teams to form the group as it is now, along with all of the mobile game stuff. KI has never been fully transparent, and I doubt it will ever be, but hopefully now that we have a definite, "Yes, there will be a story update for Pirate101 this year, here is some proof," they will be a bit more open about things.
Can't wait for some of KI's devs that still work on P101 communicating with us again, even some that we didn't know yet.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
jack morgan933 on Apr 22, 2016 wrote:
The time be drawing near me hearty's, to set sail to new adventure and what better place to continue then somewhere dangerous like Valencia II. To Scrap the Armada, Save Lives, and Hunt fer New Loot! Yarrrr that be the life, ye feel me Mates.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan
Also, the grand war against Kane and the Armada continues... we did make one with them against Marleybone, you know, & soon, it will be a grand war that topples the Napoleguinic Wars.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Silver Angel on Apr 22, 2016 wrote:

And not to mention, there's bound to be more new quests that stay with the same quest designing method, you know, the one with such amazingly long quests in certain parts in the storyline with many goals made into them, instance dungeons, chambers, & so on.

And there's also the chances that later main story Books may be longer, in meanings about their chapter amounts, like 5, 6, or more. The more chapters in a main story Book, the more adventures we'll have, yes?

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Where do I find this information!!!!!

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013

First let me say please don't ruin the excitement for everyone

Secondly nobody can say anything bad about the game now, we have book 15 coming

It is actually happening they are communicating with us now and it's clearly working

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Yes, Chrissy, I have to say I was absolutely thrilled to have the sneak peek at the Valencia part II... sitting there, with wide, bright eyes and a delighted grin, feeling an anticipatory chill up my spine -- oh yes, very happy to see this excellent story continue on!

And thank you, Misty, for pointing out that Pirate101 is a family game, not a kid's game only. Even though I am an adult, Pirate101 engages my natural delight in its artistry, superb story line, and cleverness. And I just love that whole vaguely 18th C.-ness (I know, not a word) that pervades the art and story. That fantasy-historic edge just pleases me very much.

And come to think of it, with the quick peek at Valencia, I got a glimpse of a Unicorn lady wearing a lovely wired lace collar, nice early-17th C. chic! Say, didn't Falmea say she was looking into an outfit like that?... oh, wait, that was my inference, blithering about lace ruffs and whatnot. Still... could there be a connection? Or is it just my nerdy historic dress desires making me think so? Probably the latter -- but you see how Pirate101 gives lots of food for thought; one of the reasons it can have so much appeal across ages (though I fear I haven't changed a whole lot from when I was a kid, so I might not be the best reference )

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
witchdoctor daruis on Apr 24, 2016 wrote:
Where do I find this information!!!!!
You-Tube, KingsIsle Live channel. subject will be: Pirate101 Valencia & Wizard101 Dailey Assignments.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Apr 24, 2016 wrote:
Yes, Chrissy, I have to say I was absolutely thrilled to have the sneak peek at the Valencia part II... sitting there, with wide, bright eyes and a delighted grin, feeling an anticipatory chill up my spine -- oh yes, very happy to see this excellent story continue on!

And thank you, Misty, for pointing out that Pirate101 is a family game, not a kid's game only. Even though I am an adult, Pirate101 engages my natural delight in its artistry, superb story line, and cleverness. And I just love that whole vaguely 18th C.-ness (I know, not a word) that pervades the art and story. That fantasy-historic edge just pleases me very much.

And come to think of it, with the quick peek at Valencia, I got a glimpse of a Unicorn lady wearing a lovely wired lace collar, nice early-17th C. chic! Say, didn't Falmea say she was looking into an outfit like that?... oh, wait, that was my inference, blithering about lace ruffs and whatnot. Still... could there be a connection? Or is it just my nerdy historic dress desires making me think so? Probably the latter -- but you see how Pirate101 gives lots of food for thought; one of the reasons it can have so much appeal across ages (though I fear I haven't changed a whole lot from when I was a kid, so I might not be the best reference )
As a former history recreationist ( of the renaissance era ) I knew that dress style! I want that dress for Esperanza very, very badly!
And of course you noticed the homage to Pisa's Leaning Tower in one of the back grounds? I wonder if we'll go in it? Perhaps as a dungeon?