Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Quest Finder

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 08, 2016
I have always found the Quest Finder in Wizard101 to be very useful, and I think that there could be a Quest Finder in Pirate101 too. It would make questing a lot easier!

Thank-you for your time and consideration!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ArwingPilot64 on Apr 12, 2016 wrote:
I have always found the Quest Finder in Wizard101 to be very useful, and I think that there could be a Quest Finder in Pirate101 too. It would make questing a lot easier!

Thank-you for your time and consideration!
Welcome to the message boards, Arwingpilot64! Yes, that is one of the most requested game additions. I'm sure in the coming update ( soon, soon ) it will be added.
Thank You for posting!

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
According to the Keyboard Shortcuts, Ctrl-Shift-Q will set the Quest Arrow to the nearest Quest available. Unfortunately, this probably means the nearest Quest that is in your Quest Journal and may not include all the Quests available. I agree that a Quest Finder would be a great addition to the game.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Honestly I don't think this would make the game better, it gets you looking in the area of the game and helps you find an item for Explorer Zeke, I liked how Ju Hao's quest was hidden and that many others are making them a hidden gem in this game

Commodore
May 31, 2009
witchdoctor daruis on Apr 13, 2016 wrote:
Honestly I don't think this would make the game better, it gets you looking in the area of the game and helps you find an item for Explorer Zeke, I liked how Ju Hao's quest was hidden and that many others are making them a hidden gem in this game
If you're a completionist like myself, you want to be able to find all of the side quests without a giant hassle and a two or more page Word document (depending on how many quests you managed to pick up as you went through the main story) that crosses off every single quest by book, chapter, and world as you go down the list and run around checking every single quest giver listed on the Wiki, which, to my knowledge, isn't even complete. A quest finder would be of immense help in this situation.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
witchdoctor daruis on Apr 13, 2016 wrote:
Before the Marleybone/Aquila update, when I finished MooShu, for some reason, I decided to re-visit Gullet. And I found that I had missed the quest: "The Ratpack Must Pay!" ( I had recruited Vinny, this quest came after that )but apparently I hadn't noticed that Frogfather had something else for me to do
Also more than a few posters have asked about the quest for Ju Hao or the quest that awards "MooShu Mystic"
both of these are mostly unobserved.
In W101 I have used quest finder as a "check this" before I move on - and usually I find that I've missed at least one quest per world or that quests "pop up" in completed worlds when I've finished a quest in a higher level world.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Ok the problem now sounds big, I suppose quests are still special with the quest finder, I don't do side quests too much so I wouldn't know

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
MistyDragon13 on Apr 14, 2016 wrote:
If you're a completionist like myself, you want to be able to find all of the side quests without a giant hassle and a two or more page Word document (depending on how many quests you managed to pick up as you went through the main story) that crosses off every single quest by book, chapter, and world as you go down the list and run around checking every single quest giver listed on the Wiki, which, to my knowledge, isn't even complete. A quest finder would be of immense help in this situation.
I'd like to say that the wiki is complete with regards to Quests. I've gotten three Pirates through the entire game, and I do all side quests. I've gotten all the badges except PvP and Smuggler's Arena.

However, a Quest Finder would be a very nice tool to have -- I do not disagree with that.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
I really miss my Wiz101 quest finder. I give a hearty thumbs up to this idea and while they're at it, KI should add a location finder arrow (I've suggested this before). I'd love to be able to navigate to a screen that lists the areas I've been to, click on one of them as the destination I'd like to reach, and have a small (but different) arrow to point the way. After all, we're seafarers (airfarers?) and as such we're navigators, and a big part of what we do is read maps. But nowhere in our inventory do we ever have a map for anywhere other than where we are at that time. Even Wiz101 offers the ability to expand the immediate-area map to show where in the Spiral we are. If we're standing on a dock, our map shows the dock - and that's it - the dock. Not even the skyway we're in at the moment. Because of the nature of travel in the Pirate universe, maps are even more important to a pirate than they are for a wizard.
Trial and error traveling takes a lot of time if you're not sure what the best route is to get where you want to go.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Willowydream on Apr 15, 2016 wrote:
I'd like to say that the wiki is complete with regards to Quests. I've gotten three Pirates through the entire game, and I do all side quests. I've gotten all the badges except PvP and Smuggler's Arena.

However, a Quest Finder would be a very nice tool to have -- I do not disagree with that.
I don't use the wiki much anymore; I just popped over there and discovered that quite a bit has been added. When I put myself to the task of completing quests on my main pirate, the Book 10 side quests category was completely empty and some were missing in a few other spots. Glad to know it is closer to complete now. Still though, I'm not planning on a side quest completion run unless I get really bored.