Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Bonnie Anne best epics for questing and PVP

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 03, 2012
So I was wondering what should I give Bonnie, am at her 2nd promotion but I would also would like to know what should I giver her in the future, I've been looking up what many people say but they all seem to be useful just for pvp I would also like for questing and I would like to hear more opinions and explanations

Petty Officer
Nov 22, 2010
First off, Happy Easter my friend! So, everybody's favorite fox eh? On my privateer, I have given her burst fire 2, Overwatch 3, Burst fire 2, double tap 2. And yes, I have not given her her last promotion, because it A. Gives you a horrible epic(Basically Riposte), takes waaaaaaaaaay too long, and it only gives you 1 epic, and there aren't any good choices left.
Good luck in the spiral!

Ensign
Mar 03, 2012
hoodooNerd do those epics help you allot or decent

Petty Officer
Nov 22, 2010
A lot. Overwatch 3 reduces accuracy, burst fire 2 gives you 3 extra hits and double tap is just good.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Injustice972 on Mar 26, 2016 wrote:
So I was wondering what should I give Bonnie, am at her 2nd promotion but I would also would like to know what should I giver her in the future, I've been looking up what many people say but they all seem to be useful just for pvp I would also like for questing and I would like to hear more opinions and explanations
Depending on what class you play, you're going to want to build her a little bit differently. Return Fire is useless; her dodge is terrible so it'll only trigger once in a blue moon. I play almost exclusively PvE so my decisions aren't really colored by the PvP realm. My three leveled pirates all did similar builds:

Swashbuckler (maxed) has Double Tap 2, Overwatch 3, Burst Fire 2, and Quick Draw. She's a reserve companion on this particular character (Misty runs a full swashbuckler crew) but this setup has worked very well for me.

Buccaneer (maxed) has Double Tap 2, Overwatch 2, Burst Fire 2, and Quick Draw 2. Not entirely sure why I built her differently here, but I think it had something to do with the fact that Bonnie was the only ranged unit I had running, and she needed a bit more oomph when she was shot at in MooShu and Marleybone.

Musketeer (as of writing, pirate is level 56 and Bonnie is level 53) has Double Tap 2, Overwatch, Burst Fire 2, and Quick Draw. When she hits 55 and promotes after that, I plan on adding another rank of Quick Draw and probably Overwatch, so she'll be the same as the buccaneer's. She's also a reserve unit on this character, so I don't bring her out much, but she works well for her current level.

I hope this is helpful to you!

Petty Officer
Nov 10, 2013
Injustice972 on Mar 26, 2016 wrote:
well you should give her burst 2 overwatch 3 double tap 2 a quickdraw 2

Dead-eye tim

Ensign
Mar 03, 2012
My Bonnie Anne had burst fire 2 double tap 2 overwatch and quick draw as original I'll try your idea out Hoodoonerd

Lieutenant
Sep 14, 2015
HoodooNerd on Mar 27, 2016 wrote:
First off, Happy Easter my friend! So, everybody's favorite fox eh? On my privateer, I have given her burst fire 2, Overwatch 3, Burst fire 2, double tap 2. And yes, I have not given her her last promotion, because it A. Gives you a horrible epic(Basically Riposte), takes waaaaaaaaaay too long, and it only gives you 1 epic, and there aren't any good choices left.
Good luck in the spiral!
Riposte? Hoodonerd, riposte one of the BEST epics in the game, not one of the worst. And the fact that bonnie is the only musketeer able to interact with melee is pretty cool to me. Plus, why AVOID getting another epic? It just makes bonnie one bit better! Even so, I do agree with you on what epics you gave Bonnie. Hope to friend ye in the skyways!

Cruel Connor Bowman,
Wicked Aaron Brewster,

Petty Officer
Nov 22, 2010
Yes Blaze, usually riposte is the coolest thing since pockets on jeans, but now with the lady fox in question. Why? Because her dodge is something in the negatives, she will pretty much never dodge, meaning that you just waisted an hour of your life promoting her. Also, if you dodge a buck or buckler, you will either A. Trigger a Veng strike and relentless combo, or B. Trigger a riposte and relentless combo. Simply put, there is no reason to promote Bonnie unless you're a privy

Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2013
gstack96 on Mar 28, 2016 wrote:
well you should give her burst 2 overwatch 3 double tap 2 a quickdraw 2

Dead-eye tim
Quick draw 2 is an automatic useless bonnie in Ranked against most privy witch and musket. You're tempting them to kill your unit that's able to heal, reduce dodge, and chain! with their nausica. Since Overwatch and then all of her quick draws activate, she's a goner pretty much.

Privy:
Overwatch 3,
Burst Fire 2
Double Tap 2
Return fire (i know it seems kinda useless, but trust me it happens, especially against nausica, since with espirit and overwatch 3, chances are, she's probably going to miss at least once in her chain)
Stock Assault

Witch and musket
Same as above, except for Double Tap 3 instead of return fire

Buck and buckler don't really have an excuse to use her in rank tbh

But anyways, although bonnie is a great companion, if possible, i highly recommend just not using her in rank if you have some specific companions, like nausica, goro, exeter, and what not. Although, she is pretty good against buccaneers in spar, and just no scratch battles in spar as well, so.......

Lieutenant
Feb 02, 2013
HoodooNerd on Mar 29, 2016 wrote:
Yes Blaze, usually riposte is the coolest thing since pockets on jeans, but now with the lady fox in question. Why? Because her dodge is something in the negatives, she will pretty much never dodge, meaning that you just waisted an hour of your life promoting her. Also, if you dodge a buck or buckler, you will either A. Trigger a Veng strike and relentless combo, or B. Trigger a riposte and relentless combo. Simply put, there is no reason to promote Bonnie unless you're a privy
Stock Assault is an Automatic hit, so triggering a Riposte combo is impossible with that epic. Veng combos are annoying, but if it is "once in a blue moon", you shouldn't worry about it too much. Plus, it may be only one epic now, but what about for future promotions? You might want to reconsider keeping her the way she is ;)

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
HoodooNerd on Mar 27, 2016 wrote:
Good luck in the spiral!
Stock assault is her kryptonite, otherwise she is too strong in PvE, the extra epic helps her combat more of everything so try it on one of your characters

Also the power which guarantees stock assault is great for moving and attacking

On top of all this, once promoted she looks really cool!