Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Favorite songs?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 09, 2011
My favorite song would have to be Karetus - Full Flavor. It's got lots of genre changes and it's really cool! Post yours below!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
BluJewel on Mar 23, 2016 wrote:
My favorite song would have to be Karetus - Full Flavor. It's got lots of genre changes and it's really cool! Post yours below!
I have a lot of favorites, but there is one song that I'll crank up the volume on the radio or stop what I'm doing and start dancing & singing along:
The Lion Sleeps Tonight
I know, its silly but I just love that song!

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
anecorbie on Mar 23, 2016 wrote:
I have a lot of favorites, but there is one song that I'll crank up the volume on the radio or stop what I'm doing and start dancing & singing along:
The Lion Sleeps Tonight
I know, its silly but I just love that song!
Oh man I remember that. When I was 7 or something I had a pair of lion pajamas and my mom started playing that song

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Panic! At the disco: Nine in the afternoon

Okay I just have to *Plays song*

Me and my sister both love it. We first discovered it in just dance summer party.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
This is the worst possible question to ask a musician.

For simple listening pleasure, I am a huge fan of Death Cab for Cutie. My personal favorite would have to be either The Ghosts of Beverly Drive or Good Help (Is So Hard to Find), and I really enjoy the band Starset. I'm also partial to a Japanese group called SID, mostly because they did two of the openings for Black Butler, (Monokuro no Kiss and Enamel).

The cellist part of me has to add that the preludes to Suites 1 and 2 of Bach's Suites for Unaccompanied Cello are ~amazing~ (well, the entire book is gorgeous; Yo-Yo Ma has a CD out with all of them and it's my "get work done" playlist), and Mendelssohn's Song Without Words Op. 109 is fantastic, though it was a royal pain to learn! Scheherazade (Rimsky-Korsakov) is probably my absolute favorite orchestra-related thing ever.

I should probably stop here before I list out too much. My taste in music ranges from "you have to listen to this!!" to "please don't judge me..."

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
I have a very weird taste in music.

My first favorite is For What It's Worth by Buffalo Springfield. A late 60s tune with a good vibe.

Next, Put the Lime in the Coconut by Harry Nilsson. It's sooo weird, but sooo danceable to. I don't know why it's my favorite, but it's one of my favorites. It's cool and chill, with a great beat.

Then there's Kryptonite and If I Could Live Like That by 3 Doors Down. Personal favorites of mine.

Last, there's Sweet Home Alabama by Lynyrd Skynyrd. Who hasn't heard this song? It's an epic combination of rock and country.

I don't have just one favorite, I have many!

Like the person above me, you really shouldn't ask a musician for their favorite song.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
I have a long list of favourite songs, I come from a rather musical family and have been into music for quite awhile.
My list of favourite songs include such awesome pieces as "Weighty Ghost" by Wintersleep, "Stairway" by Yukon Blond, anything by Mumford and Sons, Arcade Fire, Au Bijou, Couer de Pirate, (and many many more). The one song that I've loved for ever, and have recently brought back into my playlist of favourites is, "Safety Dance" by Men Without Hats. I find nothing better than driving around with my car windows down, blasting "Safety Dance".

Lieutenant
May 26, 2013
I really like 'Irresistible' by Fall Out Boy and 'Don't Let Me Down' by Daya. I could go on, but I won't

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Mar 28, 2016 wrote:
I have a very weird taste in music.

My first favorite is For What It's Worth by Buffalo Springfield. A late 60s tune with a good vibe.

Next, Put the Lime in the Coconut by Harry Nilsson. It's sooo weird, but sooo danceable to. I don't know why it's my favorite, but it's one of my favorites. It's cool and chill, with a great beat.

Then there's Kryptonite and If I Could Live Like That by 3 Doors Down. Personal favorites of mine.

Last, there's Sweet Home Alabama by Lynyrd Skynyrd. Who hasn't heard this song? It's an epic combination of rock and country.

I don't have just one favorite, I have many!

Like the person above me, you really shouldn't ask a musician for their favorite song.
Great list and Lime in the Coconut is fun! I can imagine Old Scratch singing it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
CdeWinter on Mar 28, 2016 wrote:
I have a long list of favourite songs, I come from a rather musical family and have been into music for quite awhile.
My list of favourite songs include such awesome pieces as "Weighty Ghost" by Wintersleep, "Stairway" by Yukon Blond, anything by Mumford and Sons, Arcade Fire, Au Bijou, Couer de Pirate, (and many many more). The one song that I've loved for ever, and have recently brought back into my playlist of favourites is, "Safety Dance" by Men Without Hats. I find nothing better than driving around with my car windows down, blasting "Safety Dance".
"You can go where you want to/
You can leave your cares behind..."
Yeah, who wouldn't want to listen to that song?

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
anything green day. but also love the Beatles. basically any music except country i hate country

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
Toby Fox's Megalovania (The Homestuck Version) has a special place in my heart.

Petty Officer
Feb 06, 2016
Pretty much any metal song from the 80's, can't pick a favorite.