Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Should the Red Sash Gang have a backstory...

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
To those that have enjoyed Cool Ranch's adventures, I've been thinking, should the Red Sash Gang have a backstory, I think it would be explained in a Puppet Show, since Book 5 is the only main story Book in the game that doesn't have one currently.

So, if we ask for a new Puppet Show that is about how Johnny Ringo formed the Red Sash Gang, which I know it would be nice to have one day, what would it be about?

Well, Merriweather Clark knows them, though, I would think he would've told more about Johnny Ringo and his Red Sash Gang, & that lacked some exposition & lore behind them, which gives out the empty feeling to those who were expecting some Puppet Show in Book 5. I've been through that before.

Now, I have sent thoughts about that before. Though, it would be nice to think about what that Puppet Show about them would be like again if it gets made one day.

Pirates, I know, we're way overdue for our next story update. Just thought I would make a discussion about that to pass the time while we wait.

One day, maybe we may see a Puppet Show about the Red Sash Gang, & maybe some Cool Ranch lore with it. That sais, what do you think, Pirates? Speak away.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Mar 6, 2016 wrote:
To those that have enjoyed Cool Ranch's adventures, I've been thinking, should the Red Sash Gang have a backstory, I think it would be explained in a Puppet Show, since Book 5 is the only main story Book in the game that doesn't have one currently.

So, if we ask for a new Puppet Show that is about how Johnny Ringo formed the Red Sash Gang, which I know it would be nice to have one day, what would it be about?

Well, Merriweather Clark knows them, though, I would think he would've told more about Johnny Ringo and his Red Sash Gang, & that lacked some exposition & lore behind them, which gives out the empty feeling to those who were expecting some Puppet Show in Book 5. I've been through that before.

Now, I have sent thoughts about that before. Though, it would be nice to think about what that Puppet Show about them would be like again if it gets made one day.

Pirates, I know, we're way overdue for our next story update. Just thought I would make a discussion about that to pass the time while we wait.

One day, maybe we may see a Puppet Show about the Red Sash Gang, & maybe some Cool Ranch lore with it. That sais, what do you think, Pirates? Speak away.
No, it's not necessary to the main quest line, these are minor mob/enemies with a very loose connection to the story ( simply, they're there to beat up .)

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Much as I enjoy Cool Ranch, I don't really agree that a new puppet show is needed. They've already overhauled Cool Ranch to nerf a bunch of dungeons. Too much tweaking and fiddling isn't necessarily a good thing.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Personally, I think ALL companions should have a backstory, especially those that just came out of nowhere (looking at you, Black Angus).

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Although I would like it, it's too much to cram in, this is why we need someone who we can pay to tell us stories about the spiral

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Why shouldn't KI writers leave something to your imagination? Make up your own back story!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Apr 26, 2016 wrote:
Why shouldn't KI writers leave something to your imagination? Make up your own back story!
Creating tales does leave sources of inspiration, & the KI people do take notice to collect inspiration from us. We pitched out our tales on English Bill's backstory before the Puppet Show about him was made, so, why not we do the same to Johnny Ringo's Red Sash Gang? Could be a thrill to do it.

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
It's a gang.
It's not huge like Captain Blood or El Toro, so no.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
witchdoctor of awe... on Jun 23, 2016 wrote:
It's a gang.
It's not huge like Captain Blood or El Toro, so no.
I know, they're a gang, but, what exposition do they have that would make them slightly interesting, like what backstory do they have behind their origin, why did Johnny Ringo turned bad, & what involvement do they have even before the events in the story's timeline occurred?

Honestly, if his Red Sash Gang had been such a thorn in Cool Ranch, maybe at least they should have some degree of lore beneath them. You never know. There may be more to them than just being another pack of enemies with different outfits & colorations.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Sep 2, 2016 wrote:
I know, they're a gang, but, what exposition do they have that would make them slightly interesting, like what backstory do they have behind their origin, why did Johnny Ringo turned bad, & what involvement do they have even before the events in the story's timeline occurred?

Honestly, if his Red Sash Gang had been such a thorn in Cool Ranch, maybe at least they should have some degree of lore beneath them. You never know. There may be more to them than just being another pack of enemies with different outfits & colorations.
Why should KI writers take more time from their schedules ( for producing a story line for our pirates ) and go back over and re-do what's done and finished?
The Red Sash Gang wasn't important and had no impact on the story line, not like the Duck of Death.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
I don't think they need a backstories either. They are just regular outlaws in cool ranch, which is a flavor of dorito's BTW. Also if they had a backstory then literally ever other outlaw gang, like the wild bunch, and since they are such a minor part of the game, a backstory would be not really helpfull in the long run.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Sep 3, 2016 wrote:
Why should KI writers take more time from their schedules ( for producing a story line for our pirates ) and go back over and re-do what's done and finished?
The Red Sash Gang wasn't important and had no impact on the story line, not like the Duck of Death.
Even if the Red Sash Gang had no impact on the storyline, which I was highly sure they were after Merriweather Clark for his father's piece of Marco Pollo's Map, which was in their response to us thwarting their plot to sell the Bison tribes' stolen Sacred Charms to either The Duck of Death, or The Bird with No Name, I couldn't say, we should at least know a little backstory beneath their origin.

Well, I know we all would prefer to keep going forward, it wouldn't hurt to see some exposition beneath them.