Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pet Mutations

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
No, I don't mean a lizard growing taller than skyscrapers or developing abilities like telepathy and shapeshifting. I mean existing stats (DNA) being added, changed, or deleted in a living thing. In this case, actually, I only think Substitution mutation would be easily do-able in the game, as there are only 10 power slots and 10 talent slots.

My idea is a crazy schnauzer scientist, the Mutationer, in the Marleybone pavilion in Bestia. He charges 100 scrip to change any random pet power or talent on one of your pets into any other existing power or talent. Purchasing many mutations in one day increases the chances of getting higher-ranked abilities for each purchase, until the day ends.

There could possibly be a few unique pet abilities, only obtainable through mutation. Forget what I said about Godzilla and X-Men mutations. These mutation-exclusive abilities are the wild, unrealistic movie mutations. A pet could get shapeshifting powers (A.K.A. Polymorphing from Wizard101), automatic healing talents, telekinesis powers (moving obstacles and maybe units), and lots of other crazy things, maybe even grants. These abilities are really rare because they will never be passed down by morphing.

So hopefully this would give players more reasons to get scrip. Or perhaps he could charge crowns instead, for Tom's sake. The emergency room is NOT free. I didn't care at the time, but I imagine my mom was like "yay son we spent 3k on a strange 'unbearable' pain in your right abdomen and it's not even appendicitis or cramping"

k

have fun

pls yar

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
AndrewDeathblade11... on Mar 1, 2016 wrote:
No, I don't mean a lizard growing taller than skyscrapers or developing abilities like telepathy and shapeshifting. I mean existing stats (DNA) being added, changed, or deleted in a living thing. In this case, actually, I only think Substitution mutation would be easily do-able in the game, as there are only 10 power slots and 10 talent slots.

My idea is a crazy schnauzer scientist, the Mutationer, in the Marleybone pavilion in Bestia. He charges 100 scrip to change any random pet power or talent on one of your pets into any other existing power or talent. Purchasing many mutations in one day increases the chances of getting higher-ranked abilities for each purchase, until the day ends.

There could possibly be a few unique pet abilities, only obtainable through mutation. Forget what I said about Godzilla and X-Men mutations. These mutation-exclusive abilities are the wild, unrealistic movie mutations. A pet could get shapeshifting powers (A.K.A. Polymorphing from Wizard101), automatic healing talents, telekinesis powers (moving obstacles and maybe units), and lots of other crazy things, maybe even grants. These abilities are really rare because they will never be passed down by morphing.

So hopefully this would give players more reasons to get scrip. Or perhaps he could charge crowns instead, for Tom's sake. The emergency room is NOT free. I didn't care at the time, but I imagine my mom was like "yay son we spent 3k on a strange 'unbearable' pain in your right abdomen and it's not even appendicitis or cramping"

k

have fun

pls yar
sounds interesting
what i like most is the way you present it as a fun, funny and creatively crazy way to do something new
however in order to work well, i think it should be for a new class of pets conveniently named mutatable species..not anything currently in game the reasons follow..
2 downsides i see- 1)lots of coding might make it a pain with a lot of flip flopping, 2) possible jealousy from players who worked hard to build their bloodlines to be unique over months of work yet you get lucky with random monies spent over a few hours
another way it might work by having it affect only a new class of pets (mutatable) is if the new pets came with ZERO stats.. thus when you are using the mutation doctor npc these pets are getting 1 skill at a time then train from there so instead of recoding a pet every couple of hours(or less as you described) you are essentially filling in the stats by buying the skills randomly maybe 500 script for an epic unknown random slot? like you said ER isnt cheap... and to further balance this cant trade out a slot once filled, only fill in another by buying more..
the only thing these "special" pets should come with is ONE additional card or loyal 2 as automactic and will be more incentive to buy the initial pet.
stormy jen silver

Ensign
Oct 02, 2012
Only the government is allowed to do those sorta things you know.