Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Collecting Gold from Marleybone Ships

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 01, 2012
Not sure if this is a bug, but i just got to Mooshu and I am stuck on the quest to defeat marleybone ships and collect a gold shipment. I have defeated more than 10 ships by now and I still havent collected it. Not sure if this is a bug, bad luck, or just a really hard quest but it is really annoying.

See you in the Spiral!
Brave Rogan Tiller, level 37
Strong Rogan Tiller, level 31

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
balance758 on Feb 21, 2016 wrote:
Not sure if this is a bug, but i just got to Mooshu and I am stuck on the quest to defeat marleybone ships and collect a gold shipment. I have defeated more than 10 ships by now and I still havent collected it. Not sure if this is a bug, bad luck, or just a really hard quest but it is really annoying.

See you in the Spiral!
Brave Rogan Tiller, level 37
Strong Rogan Tiller, level 31
Sounds like a run of bad luck. I've had five pirates go through that quest, and most of them got the gold within ten ships, but I remember my privateer had to fight more like 20. It's not necessarily all bad, as you are gaining other benefits, like nautical xp, from defeating more ships.

Have you thought of getting some friends to help you "wolf pack" the ships? Sinking them faster, with friends, makes it not seem like such a chore.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Also, make sure you are in the correct Skyway. If you are not, you won't be able to collect the needed item (in this case, Gold). Good Luck.