Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

20 Years in Aquila

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 20, 2012
Hi everyone! In Aquila, it is quite obvious that Ulysses is a copy of Odysseus, the ancient Greek hero, as he was both featured in The Iliad (the battle of Troy)and The Odyssey (Odysseus's returning home), which we experience in the story line of Pirate101. However, these two stories combined took place for 20 years! Does that mean we spent 20 Pirate101 years in Aquila?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
piratemonster3002 on Feb 14, 2016 wrote:
Hi everyone! In Aquila, it is quite obvious that Ulysses is a copy of Odysseus, the ancient Greek hero, as he was both featured in The Iliad (the battle of Troy)and The Odyssey (Odysseus's returning home), which we experience in the story line of Pirate101. However, these two stories combined took place for 20 years! Does that mean we spent 20 Pirate101 years in Aquila?
No, I believe that Eaglememnon mentions that they've been at war for seven years we arrive at the end of the seven years help defeat Hyssarik, Then Ulysses sails for home: so we can assume that KI has collapsed the time necessary for the story.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Remember it's all mythical and of we did we wouldn't be teens anymore

Commodore
May 31, 2009
If that's the case, then a lot of the other story would have taken place over a long period of time to accommodate an expanded story length. Our pirates would be much too old to do any pirating by the end of that, I'd think! There's really no set time span for any of the events in the story to happen, but I consider the Aquila storyline to take quite a bit less than 20 years. Fitting into my own personal timeline for my pirates (which is long and complicated), Aquila would only have been 2 or 3 years for them.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
-The Battle for Troy (Aquila) was approx. 1195 B.C. -
-The Conquistadors (Monquistans?) were 1500 A.D. (+/- a century or so)
-The Gunfight at the OK Corral, Rooster Cogburn, Bat Masterson etc. (Cool Ranch) were mid-late 19th century.
- The Rat Pack (Skull Island) were mid 20th century.
- Fin Dorsal (Vin Diesel - Skull Island) a 21st century actor playing a 26th century character (Riddick).

These are just a few examples of historically influenced instances within the game that are all occurring at the same time... I think we can probably suspend disbelief for a moment and look beyond a 20 year discrepancy in the timeline of the Trojan War.
(Which quite possibly might be totally mythical anyway)