Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pirate Clockworks - Suggestion for Ratbeard

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2012
I would take the one that's for my pirate class.

Except privateer, I would take buccaneer.

And for witchdoctor, I would take a musket.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I think, on the subject of mannequins, that we got the wrong mannequins - I was thinking more along the lines of the mannequins you can craft. You know, the ones you can use in your houses to show off rare gear that you're not using.
I find the subject of Armada companions full of strange complexities:
1. They're well designed. When I look back over posts where players are asking for one; the main adjective is "they're cool looking". Yet, to me, they resemble life - sized creepy puppets.
2. They resemble humans. And this may be the main reason, besides looks, that players want one - they are like us in form. I'm guessing that they're feeling lonely and isolated surrounded by sapient animals?
3. Players urging the Armada companion debate point out that we have recruited former enemies and that this makes an Armada companion possible. The problem with that is this: the former enemies we recruited were living beings, the Armada are not living beings but animated machines.

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2010
anecorbie on Feb 11, 2016 wrote:
I think, on the subject of mannequins, that we got the wrong mannequins - I was thinking more along the lines of the mannequins you can craft. You know, the ones you can use in your houses to show off rare gear that you're not using.
1. They're well designed. When I look back over posts where players are asking for one; the main adjective is "they're cool looking". Yet, to me, they resemble life - sized creepy puppets.
2. They resemble humans. And this may be the main reason, besides looks, that players want one - they are like us in form. I'm guessing that they're feeling lonely and isolated surrounded by sapient animals?
3. Players urging the Armada companion debate point out that we have recruited former enemies and that this makes an Armada companion possible. The problem with that is this: the former enemies we recruited were living beings, the Armada are not living beings but animated machines.
It's occurred to me. What if a ghost haunted the body of an armada troop, and it was the ghost following orders, as opposed to the actual clockwork? It could have glowing eyes and such! It would be cool. Just saying.

Peace.
The Grin Reaper

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
anecorbie on Feb 11, 2016 wrote:
Gotta admit I really want a human companion

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
There is an "ooh ahhh" factor in being able to craft cool items. And when a player asks "where did you get that ship/hat/weapon?" being able to say "I made it", would get more players interested in crafting. Even those players from W101 who were turned off by the crafting experience there.
Then imagine being able to say "I made that Companion you saw me use in the dungeon."

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
The Grin Reaper on Feb 11, 2016 wrote:
It's occurred to me. What if a ghost haunted the body of an armada troop, and it was the ghost following orders, as opposed to the actual clockwork? It could have glowing eyes and such! It would be cool. Just saying.

Peace.
The Grin Reaper
Cool, but I doubt it would happen. We loath the Armada to much to trust it. Aside from which, we already have bison spirits on our crew so it's more likely the ghost would join us on its own without having to possess anything.

Ensign
Dec 29, 2008
In my opinion... Battle angels shouldn't be
They should be
It will make more sense in my opinion.
But if not... then there should be a armada.

Armada Commander

Depends on privateer health and such else.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Epic Mrman67 on Feb 19, 2016 wrote:
In my opinion... Battle angels shouldn't be
They should be
It will make more sense in my opinion.
But if not... then there should be a armada.

Armada Commander

Depends on privateer health and such else.
I don't know how far you are in the game, but my classification of Battle Angels as is correct, you'll see and fight them in Marleybone ( they are swashbucklers. )

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Serpent10611 on Feb 8, 2016 wrote:
This idea is amazing
I think this way to go about it would be almost impossible to argue against. We create the mannequins ourselves, leaving out any direct trace to the Armada, plus those little wooden people are just so cute.
I think we could also have witchdoctor (female) and privateer (male) ones too. The witch's motions could be modeled after Bishop's and the privy's after Deacon's. Hey, we're makin' 'em, why not get every class included.
It would be good to use the doubloons like treasure cards, though I'd like to be assured first that we would be able to buy them with gold like the cards. The clothing could be a good individual touch but I'm assuming that they would be unchangeable and the colors would automatically switch to our flag colors once they're crafted on. I think the same would go for the weapons, we could choose the weapon they get but it would have to be of a specific type, instead of using Armada weapons specifically, but by all means we'd have to bash a lot of them to get the necessary reagents like gears, springs, and electronic devices.
The names would of course be individualized but I think it would be great if we could choose the name like our own pirate, and of course would be finalized once we do.
As far as promotions go, I'm guessing the recipe would automatically upgrade with a new set of materials needed, including the mannequin needing to be at a certain lvl or higher, and would be the only time we could change the clothes and weapon; while still being in certain restrictions and not being able to change it again until the next promo.
I really hope they include this along with crafting. I see absolutely no reason why this couldn't work.
"It would be good to use the doubloons like treasure cards, though I'd like to be assured that we would be able to buy them with gold like cards."
If doubloons can't be sold in the bazaar, we still have the option of trading for them. I'm sure friends would be willing to help out as long as the doubloons aren't too rare or powerful.

Petty Officer
Feb 06, 2016
Well, there is a disabled Armada musketeer in the black market, look closely and you'll find them.
Unless you've already seen it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Eelarc on Feb 25, 2016 wrote:
Well, there is a disabled Armada musketeer in the black market, look closely and you'll find them.
Unless you've already seen it.
Actually, I haven't seen him, I've got to check this out! Thank you for telling me.

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
anecorbie on Feb 20, 2016 wrote:
"It would be good to use the doubloons like treasure cards, though I'd like to be assured that we would be able to buy them with gold like cards."
If doubloons can't be sold in the bazaar, we still have the option of trading for them. I'm sure friends would be willing to help out as long as the doubloons aren't too rare or powerful.
I imagine there would be a vender that could sell the basic, low lvl doubloons at least. Sure, these mannequin companions would obviously be a challenge to craft but if doubloons are used in many other recipes, trading or group chests alone might make it a bit bothersome to get them.