Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Is this true?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2012
If ye don't use doubloons during tower of moo manchu ye get better chances at better drops?

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
No, using doubloons has no affect on drops. It's just a superstition.

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
turtlemcturtleton on Jan 18, 2016 wrote:
If ye don't use doubloons during tower of moo manchu ye get better chances at better drops?
That's a myth, use those doubloons - they don't affect drops at all. The game uses a Random Numbers Generator, there's a table of drops it draws from, nothing you do or don't do affects this RNG. I know this because I've always used doubloons and I have almost all the items you can get from that tower.
Esperanza Devereaux, Master of Moo.
P.S. still hunting for The Imperial Boots of Moo Manchu!

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2013
I remember posting on a similar topic, but yes the drops are totally random. I just did a run of the tower yesterday and a girl said don't use doubloons for the ENTIRE thing, I obviously didn't believe her but just went with what she said to make her happy.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Ninja Phoenix123 on Jan 18, 2016 wrote:
I remember posting on a similar topic, but yes the drops are totally random. I just did a run of the tower yesterday and a girl said don't use doubloons for the ENTIRE thing, I obviously didn't believe her but just went with what she said to make her happy.
For myself, I'm tired of the players who demand "no Doubloons"! I tell them right out "I'll use what doubloons are necessary" and if they're especially whiney, I use Treasure Bath during the Nefarious Five fight!

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
I really don't know where these myths rose from but they certainly are not true like Bonnie Anne said nothing affects the drops apart from luck, also use common sense why would KI do that?

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Those Ratbeard Rumors XD they get those that don't know. As the lovely Bonnie Annie has said, using doubloons will not reduce your chance at all the cool moo manchu stuff so feel free to use as many as you want.

Lieutenant
Aug 17, 2014
No, its not true.People just want an explanation for their bad luck.If people say that it is true tell them to look up this post and see thats its false

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2013
anecorbie on Jan 18, 2016 wrote:
For myself, I'm tired of the players who demand "no Doubloons"! I tell them right out "I'll use what doubloons are necessary" and if they're especially whiney, I use Treasure Bath during the Nefarious Five fight!
That's actually quite a good idea, and then when you get a drop from the the Nefarious you've proved them wrong.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
rex1556 on Jan 19, 2016 wrote:
No, its not true.People just want an explanation for their bad luck.If people say that it is true tell them to look up this post and see thats its false
Maybe so but bad luck is nothing to be ashamed of because it's in no way anyone's fault