Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

I think PVP Weapons should be banned from Rank PVP

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2013
Okay, I know there are gonna be some people who might disagree with me, or even hate me, but I totally understand. But I believe that the PVP Weapons that are bought for Scrip should be banned from Ranked PVP. Nearly everytime I pvp, I'm always going against someone who has the Summer weapons or Fall Weapons. Here's the problem with these 2:
The Summer Weapons power "Summer's Fire" is really unfair. I have to wait so long for the fires to clear. It's a problem with witchdoctors. Their Old Scratch buffs makes it so powerful that it sometimes instant KO's me or one of my companions.
The Fall weapons are also a problem (though not as much as "Summer's Fire"), this is a reason. The Old Scratch buffs also makes them really powerful, they keep doing criticals like 90% of the time, and it deals sometimes a total of 600 damage.
These are the reasons why I believe that the PVP weapons should be banned.
(I also had 4 wins and a total of 12 losses) Most losses due to those with "Summer's Fire" or the Fall weapons.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Merciless Richard ... on Jan 5, 2016 wrote:
Okay, I know there are gonna be some people who might disagree with me, or even hate me, but I totally understand. But I believe that the PVP Weapons that are bought for Scrip should be banned from Ranked PVP. Nearly everytime I pvp, I'm always going against someone who has the Summer weapons or Fall Weapons. Here's the problem with these 2:
The Summer Weapons power "Summer's Fire" is really unfair. I have to wait so long for the fires to clear. It's a problem with witchdoctors. Their Old Scratch buffs makes it so powerful that it sometimes instant KO's me or one of my companions.
The Fall weapons are also a problem (though not as much as "Summer's Fire"), this is a reason. The Old Scratch buffs also makes them really powerful, they keep doing criticals like 90% of the time, and it deals sometimes a total of 600 damage.
These are the reasons why I believe that the PVP weapons should be banned.
(I also had 4 wins and a total of 12 losses) Most losses due to those with "Summer's Fire" or the Fall weapons.
Those who have bought those weapons earned the right to get them - it isn't just scrip that makes them available, you have to get to champion level to be able to buy them. As far as I'm concerned; although I don't feel good when I see those weapons, they've earned the right to use them.

Lieutenant
Feb 13, 2013
anecorbie on Jan 5, 2016 wrote:
Those who have bought those weapons earned the right to get them - it isn't just scrip that makes them available, you have to get to champion level to be able to buy them. As far as I'm concerned; although I don't feel good when I see those weapons, they've earned the right to use them.
100% agree

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2013
I do agree with you saying that they earned them. But still, it's really getting on my nerves that like 90% of the time I'm matched for ranked PVP, it's always with someone with those weapons.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Merciless Richard ... on Jan 6, 2016 wrote:
I do agree with you saying that they earned them. But still, it's really getting on my nerves that like 90% of the time I'm matched for ranked PVP, it's always with someone with those weapons.
It's true that they have powerful cards attached to them, but they're not "OP", there are strategies that can be used against them, for example Summer's Flames, most champions will try to lure you into them. I'm not sure but don't these flames have a health? Can you bomb them or use gunnery to destroy them? Or simply not go near them and attack the companions who aren't protected?
Even with Old Scratch's buff those treants aren't much of a threat, if they're getting chains on you, then I suggest you examine your stats. Do you have enough armor or dodge?
The fact is champions are at that rank for a reason, they practice and farm for the best gear, they live for this type of competition and are very dedicated. Also there is at the moment nothing to do for them but ranked PVP.

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2013
anecorbie on Jan 6, 2016 wrote:
It's true that they have powerful cards attached to them, but they're not "OP", there are strategies that can be used against them, for example Summer's Flames, most champions will try to lure you into them. I'm not sure but don't these flames have a health? Can you bomb them or use gunnery to destroy them? Or simply not go near them and attack the companions who aren't protected?
Even with Old Scratch's buff those treants aren't much of a threat, if they're getting chains on you, then I suggest you examine your stats. Do you have enough armor or dodge?
The fact is champions are at that rank for a reason, they practice and farm for the best gear, they live for this type of competition and are very dedicated. Also there is at the moment nothing to do for them but ranked PVP.
I do have gunnery, but it's all the way back in with my other powers. I never thought of bombing the flames :P Yeah my swashbuckler stats are pretty good, some say they are a "never before" :D Here's his stats:
Health: 2732
Accuracy: 143
Dodge: 193
Weapon Power: 322
Armor: 51
Magic Resist: 27
Agility: 88
I got a total of 4 hides, 4 Assassin's Strikes, 4 poisons, one Great JuJu, one Revive, and one rouse.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Merciless Richard ... on Jan 7, 2016 wrote:
I do have gunnery, but it's all the way back in with my other powers. I never thought of bombing the flames :P Yeah my swashbuckler stats are pretty good, some say they are a "never before" :D Here's his stats:
Health: 2732
Accuracy: 143
Dodge: 193
Weapon Power: 322
Armor: 51
Magic Resist: 27
Agility: 88
I got a total of 4 hides, 4 Assassin's Strikes, 4 poisons, one Great JuJu, one Revive, and one rouse.
That's a very good dodge! I wonder why those treants get chain hits on you?

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
anecorbie on Jan 7, 2016 wrote:
That's a very good dodge! I wonder why those treants get chain hits on you?
He said they were buffed with old scrtach so it makes the treats high level making their accuracy possibly superior to his excellent dodge, Altough I have heard it wouldn't match to yours because you have 210+ dodge?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 7, 2016 wrote:
He said they were buffed with old scrtach so it makes the treats high level making their accuracy possibly superior to his excellent dodge, Altough I have heard it wouldn't match to yours because you have 210+ dodge?
209, but who's counting?

Lieutenant
Feb 13, 2013
209, but who's counting?
240+ with elusive 3

Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
Maybe if these weapons are so unbalancing as people claim - it is time to remove the ban on items such as Moo's robe

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2013
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 7, 2016 wrote:
That is very true. With Old Scratch's strongest buff they're Lvl 122. Their accuracy is probably like 150 or 160 maybe? My Swashbuckler companions can never dodge them, though I do dodge once in a while aginst them.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Krigleblort on Jan 8, 2016 wrote:
Maybe if these weapons are so unbalancing as people claim - it is time to remove the ban on items such as Moo's robe
The Moo item ban wasn't for being "OP" it was because they messed up the order of combat - its the same reason that Charm/Charming Gaze was banned. When the KI developers have figured out the problems these items & powers will be allowed in ranked PVP.
Post Edit: Moo robes weren't banned.

Lieutenant
Feb 13, 2013
Merciless Richard ... on Jan 8, 2016 wrote:
That is very true. With Old Scratch's strongest buff they're Lvl 122. Their accuracy is probably like 150 or 160 maybe? My Swashbuckler companions can never dodge them, though I do dodge once in a while aginst them.
If your talking about the tress they are boated with will power.

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2013
Krigleblort on Jan 8, 2016 wrote:
Yeah I agree with you.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
209, but who's counting?
Darn, that's why I'm keeping mojo reaver handy

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
209, but who's counting?
x Looks in a dazed dreamed state x ...and she dances.....

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I know its hard to have to admit this but...............she's right!

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 8, 2016 wrote:
Darn, that's why I'm keeping mojo reaver handy
Darn, and me without Witch Hunter!

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
DuranteRamses87 on Jan 9, 2016 wrote:
I know its hard to have to admit this but...............she's right!

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
Agreed I have lost battles because of the special powers that come along with them

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
One thing to consider ( should we get a story line update this year ) is that with an update the experience levels will increase, there will be new bosses to fight with new gear that boosts abilities or grants powers - also new powers to train. Any dedicated PVP-er will then have to quest and farm, this in turn, should ease the glut of champions PVP-ing because they have nothing to do.
( And if crafting comes to P101, then crafted gear may also have desirable powers ).
Whatever happens in 2016, we may be experiencing new metas!

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
anecorbie on Jan 10, 2016 wrote:
One thing to consider ( should we get a story line update this year ) is that with an update the experience levels will increase, there will be new bosses to fight with new gear that boosts abilities or grants powers - also new powers to train. Any dedicated PVP-er will then have to quest and farm, this in turn, should ease the glut of champions PVP-ing because they have nothing to do.
( And if crafting comes to P101, then crafted gear may also have desirable powers ).
I think the game demands a storyline update this year, you are certainly right with the increasing levels but some gear is just too good to not use in PvP even if you can do a bit better witchdoctors use Phules wand and that's 50 levels below them so the champion weapons are not going anytime soon

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2013
I can't wait! Guess I'll have to try harder!

Lieutenant
Nov 26, 2010
KI made the items for PvP so no, no matter how bad it may be they wont be removed. They're quit easy to counter at max lvl anyway so there won't be a big deal about it anyway if you just react to them correctly. Make sure to come prepared for anything and everything in ranked pvp. That includes champion weapons.

For the crit wise, the trees at max lvl have 3 auto crits, 1 epic, 1 mega, 1 super. They're also Buck meaning they have a lot of strength. No other class then Buck gets strength usage so it means any non-strength based unit will be a pretty good base chance to critical on them. Also they're Will boosted guys and lvl capped at 70 so don't worry they're not anything TOO ridiculous.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Darn, and me without Witch Hunter!
I've lost battles over witchhunter, it's seriously op