Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

I think PVP Weapons should be banned from Rank PVP

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2013
Ugh! Again! I get up to veteran, then start going down all because the Treants have to go ahead and destroy my allies along with the Terra-Cotta's and 2 sets of Stygian Chorus skeletons! I give up!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Merciless Richard ... on Jan 23, 2016 wrote:
Ugh! Again! I get up to veteran, then start going down all because the Treants have to go ahead and destroy my allies along with the Terra-Cotta's and 2 sets of Stygian Chorus skeletons! I give up!
Dang, that's agonizing, but of all the summons on the board, only the Terror-cotta may be considered OP and there are ways to deal with them. And Stygian Chorus? Phooey!
What was your strategy and team, what were you doing while he ( she? ) was summoning? Were they a witchdoctor?

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Merciless Richard ... on Jan 23, 2016 wrote:
You give up? There is nothing op about farming for the blighted fangs being a witchdoctor farming for moos robe and acquiring the rank of champion and buying a champion weapon during the fall season that's 4 turns of summoning four turns you could've attacked four turns he wasn't attacking

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2013
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 24, 2016 wrote:
You give up? There is nothing op about farming for the blighted fangs being a witchdoctor farming for moos robe and acquiring the rank of champion and buying a champion weapon during the fall season that's 4 turns of summoning four turns you could've attacked four turns he wasn't attacking
I don't really give up (lol?) I was overreacting a bit lol. I had 4 Ranked PVP matches and they were all with the same guy who seems like an expert. Those were 4 matches I would remember.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Merciless Richard ... on Jan 25, 2016 wrote:
I don't really give up (lol?) I was overreacting a bit lol. I had 4 Ranked PVP matches and they were all with the same guy who seems like an expert. Those were 4 matches I would remember.
Oh ok sorry you just really seemed like one of those people who don't try, judging by your avatar you are a swash so use fog you can get to the witch before he can do all of those summons I am sure

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
Pretty sure if you had these weapons you wouldn't be talking about how it should be banned
From What I've heard, they earned it, so they can use it.
And if it bugs you, don't play rank, simple.

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
witchdoctor of awe... on Jan 27, 2016 wrote:
Pretty sure if you had these weapons you wouldn't be talking about how it should be banned
From What I've heard, they earned it, so they can use it.
And if it bugs you, don't play rank, simple.
Ok I'm gonna make a point for everyone who is like "don't play it if you don't like it."

...What am I supposed to play, then? Why can't they give us something everyone can enjoy?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
AndrewDeathblade11... on Feb 1, 2016 wrote:
Ok I'm gonna make a point for everyone who is like "don't play it if you don't like it."

...What am I supposed to play, then? Why can't they give us something everyone can enjoy?
Try Practice/Free PVP in the Spar Room ( behind Kraken Skulls Tavern ). There you can use anything you want - doubloons, Blood Flames, Charm, etc.
The point is - there are ways to combat these weapons, why should KI ban a weapon that is earned in Ranked PVP? It is the reward for doing well, why the heck would anyone play Ranked if they weren't allowed to use the reward they earned?
Champions have the right to use their weapons, end of story. If that does bother you, then don't play Ranked PVP.
I'm sure you can find something else to do, here's a list:
Pirate's Regatta
Pet PVP
Pet morphing, get that one perfect pet to help you in PVE and PVP.
Farming that one boss who hasn't dropped that one piece of gear you really, really want.
Why not work on some badges?

Ensign
Sep 07, 2013
Personally I'm not at champion but beaten several champions regardless of the treants. It does however require farming and time developing strategies. Haven't really met anyone who became good at pvp over night. Champions are there for a reason though and some of them did go back to using there old weapons. True the pvp weapons are formidable but that doesn't make them unbeatable.

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
anecorbie on Feb 1, 2016 wrote:
Try Practice/Free PVP in the Spar Room ( behind Kraken Skulls Tavern ). There you can use anything you want - doubloons, Blood Flames, Charm, etc.
The point is - there are ways to combat these weapons, why should KI ban a weapon that is earned in Ranked PVP? It is the reward for doing well, why the heck would anyone play Ranked if they weren't allowed to use the reward they earned?
Champions have the right to use their weapons, end of story. If that does bother you, then don't play Ranked PVP.
I'm sure you can find something else to do, here's a list:
Pirate's Regatta
Pet PVP
Pet morphing, get that one perfect pet to help you in PVE and PVP.
Farming that one boss who hasn't dropped that one piece of gear you really, really want.
Why not work on some badges?
:( all of those things are just time-wasters to me, as there's nothing better for me to get outside of PvP. Well, actually I may want the Witchdoctor Banner...

I've gotten all the "kill 500 or something pigs" badges, and I won't get any new quest badges until there are more quests available, because I'm not going to redeem them yet and throw away that xp.

I wasn't really supporting the ban on PvP weapons, I was just talking about Ranked PvP generally not being welcoming to everyone.

Ty for feedback... I hate it when my posts contract YRDD (Yar-Reply Deprivation Disorder).

Next time I get on I might do Arena a few million times and get the Witchdoctor and Musketeer Banner (for Nausica).

Oh btw my pet has time warp. I don't want to try for scent again. NOPE. Never going to happen.