Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Geography of the Spiral

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
I've noticed a lot of players noting the similarities between the worlds of the spiral, and reaching the conclusion that certain worlds in Wizards must be the same as different worlds in Pirates. Namely, that Celestia must be Skull Island, or that Azteca must be Skull Island, or that Celestia, Skull Island, and Azteca must be all the same world because the look similar.

But, I like to think these worlds look similar, because they occupied similar or adjacent positions in the first world.

First, consider the first world as a conventional, spherical, world much like the Earth (except with magic and all that). It makes sense that the first world would have different Biomes. As on Earth, these Biomes would, in some places be similar to other Biomes. Jungles tend to look like jungles, temperate zones resemble other temperate zones etc.

So, picture a world, with deserts, temperate forests, jungles, etc floating in space, being threatened by a war between powerful magical titans. Imagine that world exploding into a thousand or more small pieces, but just before complete destruction can occur, the many small pieces are linked and chained together by the Spiral Threads forming a spinning Spiral.

Here, the larger Biomes of the First World would be split up, floating in space, but still relatively close to each other. So, within the First World, the Tropical Biom that became Celestia, Skull Island, and Azteca may have all been the same jungle or the same continent. (inhabited by the same or similar creatures?) But, during the destruction of the First World, and the creation of the Spiral, that continent split into separate pieces that in time became the separate worlds we Pirates now know as Skull Island, Celestia, and Azteca. This process would also explain a certain similarity between Monquista, and Krokoptia. And, with further thought, it could also explain the similarities between Spiral cultures.

I expect that as the Spiral is further explored, we will come across other new worlds that resemble worlds we already know. Like perhaps, a forested world resembling Grizzelheim where Erika the Red might be found? (Ahem..Vinland).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
CdeWinter on Nov 25, 2015 wrote:
I've noticed a lot of players noting the similarities between the worlds of the spiral, and reaching the conclusion that certain worlds in Wizards must be the same as different worlds in Pirates. Namely, that Celestia must be Skull Island, or that Azteca must be Skull Island, or that Celestia, Skull Island, and Azteca must be all the same world because the look similar.

But, I like to think these worlds look similar, because they occupied similar or adjacent positions in the first world.

First, consider the first world as a conventional, spherical, world much like the Earth (except with magic and all that). It makes sense that the first world would have different Biomes. As on Earth, these Biomes would, in some places be similar to other Biomes. Jungles tend to look like jungles, temperate zones resemble other temperate zones etc.

So, picture a world, with deserts, temperate forests, jungles, etc floating in space, being threatened by a war between powerful magical titans. Imagine that world exploding into a thousand or more small pieces, but just before complete destruction can occur, the many small pieces are linked and chained together by the Spiral Threads forming a spinning Spiral.

Here, the larger Biomes of the First World would be split up, floating in space, but still relatively close to each other. So, within the First World, the Tropical Biom that became Celestia, Skull Island, and Azteca may have all been the same jungle or the same continent. (inhabited by the same or similar creatures?) But, during the destruction of the First World, and the creation of the Spiral, that continent split into separate pieces that in time became the separate worlds we Pirates now know as Skull Island, Celestia, and Azteca. This process would also explain a certain similarity between Monquista, and Krokoptia. And, with further thought, it could also explain the similarities between Spiral cultures.

I expect that as the Spiral is further explored, we will come across other new worlds that resemble worlds we already know. Like perhaps, a forested world resembling Grizzelheim where Erika the Red might be found? (Ahem..Vinland).
An irrefutable argument, and well stated. Vinland, anyone?

Lieutenant
Jul 23, 2013
Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2010

As it would turn out, I had this same idea a long time ago. In fact, I even drew a map on a piece of paper, of what I think the first world should have looked like (though I did it long enough ago, that it's kind of outdated.) However, I didn't draw the map based on just the various climates/environments, I also based it off evolutionary paths, and just generally where each type of animal is, (I put Zafaria and Monquista together because of climate and the fact that they both have primates, Grizzlehighm and Marlybone are together because one's filled with dogs, while the other has wolves, and they could have originally been separate packs.) If I couldn't find either of those similarities, I based it off real life history, real life mythology, and/or real life geography. I would explain it in better detail, but as it is it's late, I'm tired, and I'm running out of words. Peace.

The Grin Reaper

Lieutenant
Jun 29, 2011

Thank you for taking the words right out of my mouth!

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Aaron FireEyes on Nov 28, 2015 wrote:
Thank you for taking the words right out of my mouth!
Well, that's the first time I've been thanked for word theft.
Although, thinking of taking the words right out of someone's mouth, that's actually kinda disgusting. Really, is that like pulling a toy out of a dogs mouth?