Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

"Leftenant Emmett?" Shouldn't that be Lieutenant?

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Ahoy!

During Emmett's 1st & 2nd promotion quests, "Officer Training"(which really needs a name change, you know), & "The Jade Jar", I quickly noticed that the voiceover dialogue lines incorrectly said "Leftenant Emmett", while the text in many dialogue lines properly said, "Lieutenant Emmett". This is heard from The Commodore's & Emmett's voices in his 1st promo quest, & from the voices of Ambassador Downley & Moo Manchu during his 2nd promo quest.

I don't know what the word "Leftenant" means in the military business & such, though, if it means something, someone may know, while I have heard of such a word in the military business numerous times, "Lieutenant", & it's pretty much an existing rank in it.

Nevertheless, I can say that these are merely dialogue errors in these quests. KI, I must kindly ask of you that the characters' voice actors & actresses that mistakenly said "Leftenant Emmett" during his 1st & 2nd promo quests may need to reprise & redo their lines to correctly & properly address him as Lieutenant Emmett while he was Lieutenant Emmett after completing his 1st promo quest & promoted him to that tier.

I've been through Emmett's promo quests before, & these errors have been around since P101's launch & I'm guessing many who have done so didn't pay attention anyway, so I might as well bring this up to your attention. Hope that gets done.

Thanks!

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
"Leftenant" is a valid British English style pronunciation of the word Lieutenant.

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Nov 10, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy!

During Emmett's 1st & 2nd promotion quests, "Officer Training"(which really needs a name change, you know), & "The Jade Jar", I quickly noticed that the voiceover dialogue lines incorrectly said "Leftenant Emmett", while the text in many dialogue lines properly said, "Lieutenant Emmett". This is heard from The Commodore's & Emmett's voices in his 1st promo quest, & from the voices of Ambassador Downley & Moo Manchu during his 2nd promo quest.

I don't know what the word "Leftenant" means in the military business & such, though, if it means something, someone may know, while I have heard of such a word in the military business numerous times, "Lieutenant", & it's pretty much an existing rank in it.

Nevertheless, I can say that these are merely dialogue errors in these quests. KI, I must kindly ask of you that the characters' voice actors & actresses that mistakenly said "Leftenant Emmett" during his 1st & 2nd promo quests may need to reprise & redo their lines to correctly & properly address him as Lieutenant Emmett while he was Lieutenant Emmett after completing his 1st promo quest & promoted him to that tier.

I've been through Emmett's promo quests before, & these errors have been around since P101's launch & I'm guessing many who have done so didn't pay attention anyway, so I might as well bring this up to your attention. Hope that gets done.

Thanks!
Leftenant is merely the British pronunciation of Lieutenant and neither are incorrect.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Ah. I understand. I paid attention to the voiceovers & thought they would be minor dialogue mistakes.

Well, perhaps the dialogue's texts should be changed to leftenant, as well as his first promotion tier's name to suit the British's pronunciations, eh what? Little humor there.

Thanks, though. Good to know.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Nov 10, 2015 wrote:
Ah. I understand. I paid attention to the voiceovers & thought they would be minor dialogue mistakes.

Well, perhaps the dialogue's texts should be changed to leftenant, as well as his first promotion tier's name to suit the British's pronunciations, eh what? Little humor there.

Thanks, though. Good to know.
The word is still spelled the same no matter how its pronounced. The text and dialogue agree.