Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Companion Ideas

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jun 22, 2014
As we all know, when the story update comes out, there will be more companions. My question is, what do you think should be new companions in the game (whether it is already passed a point of the story or will be in the story update)? Just follow this format to get some ideas.

Name:
Species:
Pirate Species: (this means the classification, such as Sarah Steele's mouse corsair)
Weapon Choice: (include the weapon used, any talents, and any powers here)
Class: (Buccaneer, Privateer, etc.)
How to Get this Companion:

You can use the rest of this space to talk about the origins of your companion.

I will provide an example when this topic is able to be commented on. I hope everyone has a companion suggestion puts it here.

Petty Officer
Jun 22, 2014
Here is my example (I would like something like this by the way)

Name: Mr. Lawson
Species: Bulldog
Pirate Species: Bulldog Sharpshooter
Weapon Choice: A pair of pistols. Comes with the talents quick draw and crossfire. Also comes with an epic strike power.
Class: Musketeer
How to Get: Side Quest called, "Bury the Bone" where you have to sink 10 Armada Ships (in Marleybone)

Mr. Lawson used to use a rifle like all of the other dogs in the Marleybonian Navy. However, he wanted a new experience, so he left for Cool Ranch where Rooster Cogburn taught him the ways of pistols. When he returned to Marleybone, however, it was a completer warzone (Marleybone vs the Armada)! So Mr. Lawson waits in the War Room to find the right captain to serve.

Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
Maybe a young teenage penguin with the same personality as Casey Jones from TMNT? I think that would be hilarious and I really do want to see that. He could take on the weapon(s) of hockey sticks and/or exploding pucks. He would probably be musketeer/buccaneer because he has both long range weapons and also slashy weapons. He could probably either hit the pucks with the sticks like a baseball bat hitting a ball (which is what Casey does), or "summon" them like Gracie Conrad "summons" her bombs. He'd be very fast too. He doesn't need to have ice skates like Casey but being a penguin or something like a penguin that'd be pretty much built in. I think he would also have awesome criticals!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Definitely want to add to my female crew:

Name: Yvonne De Carlos
Species: Undead Zombie
Pirate Species: (this means the classification, such as Sarah Steele's mouse corsair)Corpse Bride
Weapon Choice: (include the weapon used, any talents, and any powers here) Splashes potion on enemies
Class: (Buccaneer, Privateer, etc.) Witchdoctor
How to Get this Companion: Visitng Darkmoor in Book 15, where she is sadly tending bar in her father's Tavern., waiting for someone to offer her a better opportunity.

Lieutenant
Jun 29, 2011
When and if we get Krokotopia:
All of these aren't very detailed. IT's more the type of creatures I want to see as companions or even npcs/ enemies.

• Name: -Random-

Species: Krokomummy (Witchdoctor)
Pirate Species: Krok Shaman. First promotion; Krok dead witch. Second promotion; Krok Wizard. Third promotion; Krok Warlock.
Class: Witchdoctor (Potentially. If not, I could redo the pirate species.)
Weapon choice: He goes into battle, "unarmed," but still very dangerous.
How to get this companion: -I really don't know. Go to Krokotopia, complete a few side quests after getting a couple chapters into the main story.-

• Name: -Random-
Species: Mander Mummy (Swashbuckler/ Buccaneer. One of those.)
Pirate Species: Mander Corpse. First promotion; Mander Fossil. Second promotion; Mander Revenant. Third promotion; Mander Ghost.
Class: Swashbuckler/ Buccaneer, depending on the type of weapon I want him with.
Weapon choice: Either a twohanded: club, axe; or two maces or katana swords.
How to get this companion: See the first bullet.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
I posted about three companion ideas before all relating to the story, but I'll post them here again :p

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
Name: Abe Ruthless
Species: Baboon
Pirate Species: Baboon Baseball Player / Major-League Monkey / Professional Primate
Appearance: Short and wearing a NY Baseball uniform when he is a Baboon Baseball Player. As a Major-League Monkey, he gains a helmet, a necklace, and kneepads. As a Professional Primate, he is clad in Umpire-themed armor. His idle animation has him leaning on his Louisville Slugger and every so often he blows a bubble of bubblegum.
Weapon Choice: A Louisville Slugger, naturally. Starts as wooden, then aluminum, then finally titanium (with spikes).
Class: Buccaneer
How To Get This Companion: Abe will be in a stadium loosely based off the Yankee Stadium in the world of New Marleybone, in the 'state' of new Yorkie (which is basically World War II-era New York). Abe will be a main story character. You come to New Marleybone to help with the war effort (as they are allied with Marleybone) and for most of the story, you are working side by side with the police. The final mission in this world is to find Abe's dad who has been missing (and is an ex-Resistance member). Unfortunately, you find that Abe's father has been taken by the Armada. After finding out about this, Abe joins you so that he can find his father in El Dorado (hopefully).

In New Marleybone, thousands of people from across the Spiral have journeyed there for a fresh start and a better life, including Abe's family. His family comes from a previously Monquistan-occupied stormgate.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
Name: Bloody Maria
Species: Yorkshire Terrier
Pirate Species: Yorkie Lunatic / Yorkie Noble / Yorkie Duchess / Yorkie Queen
Weapon Choice: Fencing Foil / Dirty English Broadsword / Jeweled English Broadsword / Flaming English Broadsword
Class: Swashbuckler
How To Get: Erika the Red has been found in Monquista, the most unexpected place for a bear, and is hiding from the head of a small Marleybonean colony from Darkmoor who wants her piece of the map so she can overthrow the queen. Her name is Bloody Maria and she and her personal guard have tracked down Erika into Monquista and are terrorizing St. Bonobo's Abbey. They have already struck Puerto Mico, burning the cathedral, and are targeting the Monquisition due to their religious beliefs, which is ironic. Erika the Red has sought refuge, and is staying with Gortez and Eleanor. She promises to give you her piece of the map if you get rid of Bloody Maria, who will be the secondary antagonist (behind the armada, obviously) for the remainder of this part of the arc. After finally defeating Bloody Maria in a burnt church, she begs for your forgiveness and promises to serve you to undo the destruction she has brought forth.

As a child, Bloody Maria was always at odds with her sister and was always hungry for power. Unfortunately, she did not get it. Her constant hunger for power and her cruel tendencies led to her being purposely put in charge of the tiny Darkmoor colony, purposely a long ways away from the crown. After she joins your crew, she mellows out somewhat. Her conspiracy to overthrow the queen was never revealed, and due to her change of heart and good deeds during her time with the PC, she is awarded the title of a Queen in her final promotion.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
Third and final one (for now) :p

Name: Nurse/Doctor/Surgeon Doomlittle
Species: Unicorn
Pirate Species: Mad Unicorn Nurse / Mad Unicorn Doctor / Mad Unicorn Surgeon
Weapon of Choice: Walking Stick, Crutch, and Caduceus. Uses Defibrilators for Crits.
Class: Witchdoctor
How To Get / Origin: In the next world, which I'm predicting is Valencia, the PC comes across a burning house that the Armada have destroyed, and you must save Doomlittle. His family has already been taken by the Armada, and Doomlittle seems very unstable. He swears vengeance and forcibly joins your crew so that during your hunt to bring down the Clockwork menaces, he can find his family.

Extra Info:

Doomlittle, despite his instability, is a very kind-hearted Unicorn and he admires Gaspar and Birgus, his fellow countrymen. During his promotion to Mad Unicorn Surgeon, you find his family and save them, and Doomlittle becomes a bit more soft-spoken. You take his family back to Steed's Villa, who promises to keep them safe from the Armada. As a Surgeon, he gains scrubs. He is similar to Nausica in that he has 3 move-and-crit cards. His Epic hit shows him charging his defibrilators and raising them to the sky; lightning strikes down and passes through the defibrilators, then he quickly shocks the enemy, his body jolting and being suspended in air from the electricity. He pulls back and dusts himself off. For Mega, he slaps the enemy with his Walking Stick/Crutch/Caduceus and then shocks them with his defibrilator. For Super, he whinnies like a horse would and snorts in anger, jumping into the air with his defibrilators. While in mid-air, he chucks the two defibrilators at the enemy and uses his walking stick/crutch/Caduceus to conduct lightning. Combined with the defibrilators, he sends a massive jolt of electricity towards the enemy.

Petty Officer
Jun 22, 2014
Here is another idea from me

Name: Custos Lucious
Species: Armada
Pirate Species: Rebel Armada Marine
Weapon Choice: Halbred and Shield
Class: Buccaneer
How to Get: Very easy side quest in the Test Range area (just go up to and talk to this quest giver and receive immediately)

When this particular Armada soldier was in the middle of programming, it had bugs that could not be fixed. So, they hid it in a place in Test Range where no one would find it (or so Kane thought). A worker in the test Range found this Armada soldier, at first got scared, but noticed that the soldier was inactive. The worker tries to work on it, but fails to activate it (due to those evil Battle Droids). After our character wins the fight in Test Range, the worker comes out and says, "Who's there?" When we talk to the worker, he shows us the defective Armada soldier. After Gracie Conrad makes some modifications, the Armada is now loyal to you.