Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

i think i know who the toymaker is

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jun 09, 2015
ok so i was looking on tv and put on spy kids and on of them there was this guy named the toymaker who was good then bad then good again and in the movie he made one of those clockwork birds and so i think ki liked that movie and or they told them to so they put him in pirate101 so he could be the toymaker in pirate101 does anyone other then me think so

Ensign
Jul 08, 2012
It's always possible!
There are a lot of things that KingsIgle makes references to such as there being an automobile company named Kent, possibly to be used in the game once Book 15 comes out, and many, many, many NPCs that are pretty much an animal form of their actual character.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
mario king on Oct 3, 2015 wrote:
ok so i was looking on tv and put on spy kids and on of them there was this guy named the toymaker who was good then bad then good again and in the movie he made one of those clockwork birds and so i think ki liked that movie and or they told them to so they put him in pirate101 so he could be the toymaker in pirate101 does anyone other then me think so
This is possible, Mario King, but there is another interpretation: in the movie Chitty- Chitty- Bang- Bang, there is a character know only as the Toymaker and he is known to make miraculous toys for the Baron of Vulgaria.
It could be that KI has combined these two characters, but I don't think that our Toymaker is evil or dangerous ( misguided in making thinking replicas of humans, maybe ) but I believe his was a humanitarian mission - to spare as many living beings the horrors of war.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Good investigating, and nice idea.

The Toy maker just might be based on a film character.

There is more than one Toy maker though. The movie Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, there was also a character referred to as the Toy maker who used (fake) life sized clockwork toys to sneak into a castle and over throw a tyrannical Baron.

But, in Aqulia when we finally translated the code inscribed on the clockwork pigeons we found that the pigeons and the code were created by someone who signed his name as "G". More than likely then, this "G" is the Toy maker. So, what does "G" stand for?

Well, the name Galileo, is currently not used for anything withing the game, yet can be typed in filtered chat. Considering that Galileo was an incredible inventor who had many inventions involving clock work mechanisms, "G" could stand for Galileo.

But, there was yet another Toy Maker who, while not using clockwork, managed to create a certain living toy, with a bit of magic help. Giuseppe, the creator of Pinocchio. As for testing Giuseppe in filtered chat, there are Valencian Hamsters already named Giuseppe.

Keep investigating and thinking, someone is bound to be correct about the Toy Maker's identity.

Petty Officer
May 14, 2011
Great theory! I'd say it won't be exactly "Him" but perhaps they adopted the name and birds from the show, there are quite a lot of other references also. "Fish Sticks and Custard" Rhinestone Cowboy, etc. I love how they do that. Still waiting on a B.O.X.ES. event though

Lieutenant
May 26, 2013
I saw that connection as well, but I seriously doubt Kingsisle would base a major character in their storylines off of 'Spy Kids'. However, I could be wrong, but they haven't made many references to that kind of movie or show yet, much less a game-changing plot-twister.

Petty Officer
Jun 09, 2015
anecorbie on Oct 4, 2015 wrote:
This is possible, Mario King, but there is another interpretation: in the movie Chitty- Chitty- Bang- Bang, there is a character know only as the Toymaker and he is known to make miraculous toys for the Baron of Vulgaria.
It could be that KI has combined these two characters, but I don't think that our Toymaker is evil or dangerous ( misguided in making thinking replicas of humans, maybe ) but I believe his was a humanitarian mission - to spare as many living beings the horrors of war.
he was evil because he made a mistake and got sent to cyber space

Petty Officer
Jun 09, 2015
CdeWinter on Oct 4, 2015 wrote:

There is more than one Toy maker though. The movie Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, there was also a character referred to as the Toy maker who used (fake) life sized clockwork toys to sneak into a castle and over throw a tyrannical Baron.

But, in Aqulia when we finally translated the code inscribed on the clockwork pigeons we found that the pigeons and the code were created by someone who signed his name as "G". More than likely then, this "G" is the Toy maker. So, what does "G" stand for?

Well, the name Galileo, is currently not used for anything withing the game, yet can be typed in filtered chat. Considering that Galileo was an incredible inventor who had many inventions involving clock work mechanisms, "G" could stand for Galileo.

But, there was yet another Toy Maker who, while not using clockwork, managed to create a certain living toy, with a bit of magic help. Giuseppe, the creator of Pinocchio. As for testing Giuseppe in filtered chat, there are Valencian Hamsters already named Giuseppe.

Keep investigating and thinking, someone is bound to be correct about the Toy Maker's identity.
i know but it could be the toymaker but it could be this guy named grandpa in the show also so it could be grandpa made stone and he was with him thats how the toymaker made a mistake because he made grandpa lose his legs just so you know the main people are a boy and a girl who are twins that work for the oss

Petty Officer
Jun 09, 2015
mario king on Oct 3, 2015 wrote:
it was spy kids 3

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
You realize, of course, after reading these posts, I am now singing songs from Chitty-Chitty Bang Bang in my head (...O - our - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, loves us too...) or (Toooot sweet, toot sweet...)

I suspect Esperanza is correct, eloquently making the likely point that the 'toy maker' invented the Armada for humanitarian purposes. It wouldn't be the first time humanitarian intentions have gone badly wrong. Dr. Guillotin, anyone?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
mario king on Oct 7, 2015 wrote:
he was evil because he made a mistake and got sent to cyber space
Please notice I said "our Toymaker" not the Spy Kid's Toymaker.

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
dk4vision on Oct 4, 2015 wrote:
I saw that connection as well, but I seriously doubt Kingsisle would base a major character in their storylines off of 'Spy Kids'. However, I could be wrong, but they haven't made many references to that kind of movie or show yet, much less a game-changing plot-twister.
They based one off of a brand of chicken soooo, hey, its possible.

Petty Officer
Jun 09, 2015
anecorbie on Oct 8, 2015 wrote:
Please notice I said "our Toymaker" not the Spy Kid's Toymaker.
i already notice that before you said that i was talking about the part when you said are toymaker was not evil i was just saying that because when you said that our toymaker is not evil you were also saying that the toymaker in the show is evil

Petty Officer
Jun 09, 2015
Voodoo Cornelius on Oct 8, 2015 wrote:
They based one off of a brand of chicken soooo, hey, its possible.
what brand of chicken R
' }
R
i try'd to make a chicken

Petty Officer
Jun 09, 2015
mario king on Oct 9, 2015 wrote:
what brand of chicken R
' }
R
i try'd to make a chicken
that R at the end of the top was part of the chicken

Petty Officer
Jun 09, 2015
CdeWinter on Oct 4, 2015 wrote:

there was the kids granpa who made the message and then hid it in the castle and he put his name G for granpa because he thought his kids would be the only one to read it let alone find it and also how do you come up with those names