Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Falmea Friday

AuthorMessage
Hi folks! I’m going to borrow the proverbial microphone from the Frogfather, and let’s just call this Falmea Friday, shall we? ::grin::

I hope you’ve had just as much fun with ranked PVP as we had creating and testing it internally. Instead of going with the standard teams, we are excited to bring you something that seemed more inherently… Pirate-y… with the Battle Royale. This level of brawlin’ has never been attempted in the Spiral until now!

Once the first version of ranked PVP was done, we had to make sure it was good. Our quality assurance team sits directly outside my office, and you should have heard the loud… let’s call them... discussions, shall we, especially during those free for alls… Needless to say, with some adjustments here and there, it became a whole lot of fiery-good fun… and so are the sweet weapons that you can earn during the summer! Not to disparage all the other seasons, but I think we can agree Summer is the best… hmmm?

After that, it was ready for a larger audience! I definitely want to send out a grand and hearty “YARRRRR!!!” to those of you who have logged on to the Test server and helped us work the kinks out of ranked PVP, the Regatta, the new companion talent changes, and all the rest of the Summer Update. Your feedback has really helped us fine tune all aspects of the new stuff to make it as awesome as possible. We’re looking at bringing it to Live Servers sometime in the near future.

So, it’s question time. For this Friday edition, I’d like to ask: what Summer Update item are you most excited about?

Have a fiery Friday and wonderful weekend, Pirates!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Professor Falmea on Jul 31, 2015 wrote:
Hi folks! I’m going to borrow the proverbial microphone from the Frogfather, and let’s just call this Falmea Friday, shall we? ::grin::

I hope you’ve had just as much fun with ranked PVP as we had creating and testing it internally. Instead of going with the standard teams, we are excited to bring you something that seemed more inherently… Pirate-y… with the Battle Royale. This level of brawlin’ has never been attempted in the Spiral until now!

Once the first version of ranked PVP was done, we had to make sure it was good. Our quality assurance team sits directly outside my office, and you should have heard the loud… let’s call them... discussions, shall we, especially during those free for alls… Needless to say, with some adjustments here and there, it became a whole lot of fiery-good fun… and so are the sweet weapons that you can earn during the summer! Not to disparage all the other seasons, but I think we can agree Summer is the best… hmmm?

After that, it was ready for a larger audience! I definitely want to send out a grand and hearty “YARRRRR!!!” to those of you who have logged on to the Test server and helped us work the kinks out of ranked PVP, the Regatta, the new companion talent changes, and all the rest of the Summer Update. Your feedback has really helped us fine tune all aspects of the new stuff to make it as awesome as possible. We’re looking at bringing it to Live Servers sometime in the near future.

So, it’s question time. For this Friday edition, I’d like to ask: what Summer Update item are you most excited about?

Most definitely, The Pirate's Regatta!

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Definitely the secret trainer, that was an amazing idea

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Definitely the Regatta! Nautical over PvP any day -- and I've yet to get any of the new pets that people have been talking about dropping in there.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
The Pirates Regatta!
One of my favorite things to do is to blow up ships and this has it in spades. It is a blast and totally fun. It is a great way to get scrip and fun drops. Muahahahah

Lieutenant
Dec 13, 2008
Ranked PvP and the new Companion Talent system. I am super stoked to use my side quest companions more!!

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2012

I am most excited for the new scrip housing items . I will probably do the Pirate's Regatta once it comes live, I love the Naval Battles aspect of the game! I also am excited for the new hybrid pets. I just got my first Skyrime Minotaur, and I want to discover a new hybrid. Great job with adding the new Apex Shark pets! Thanks again for this update!

Lieutenant
May 26, 2013
Ensign
Aug 05, 2012
Nothing really no book 15 but maybe the new weapons I think might get the new rifle.

Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
OMG! Flamea?! Please oh PLEASE tell me this means they are FINALLY combining the games! I miss Arthur Wethersfield and hope that he is my foster father since my foster home planet is Marleybone and that he joins the crew and hits people with his suitcases and simple spells. Those would be the coolest epics ever XD Oh miss you too by the way lol XD

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012

I don't care what's actually in the update, I care that we had and update, an affirmation in good faith, as Valkoor would say.

Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
I have said before in another posting, that I have ABSOLUTELY nothing against PvP. But I have also said that I think since its been so long since an update, that us storyline fans should get at least more of say Monquista or Marleybone, or any others that had unused skyways. If we only had to wait a couple months I guess it wouldn't be as big of a deal but since we had to wait 2 whole years and probably longer, I think we deserve (since the majority of us stayed even though it took so long) a little something at least. I for one am in Aquila and haven't really used that pirate because I know that there's not really a whole lot to do there.

Long story short, again I love PvP as much as the next person. But I think that they should either combine storyline updates and PvP (meaning a little of each) in one update. I know it took a VERY long time to make this update and I know that there are a few things to it. But what I've heard that's in it, to me at least, it doesn't SEEM as big as some of the others. I've heard about some stuff and I always see that it says, "And much more!" but wherever I read about the update and what's in it, I always see the same things. So is there more?

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Magnificent Kiley on Aug 3, 2015 wrote:
I have said before in another posting, that I have ABSOLUTELY nothing against PvP. But I have also said that I think since its been so long since an update, that us storyline fans should get at least more of say Monquista or Marleybone, or any others that had unused skyways. If we only had to wait a couple months I guess it wouldn't be as big of a deal but since we had to wait 2 whole years and probably longer, I think we deserve (since the majority of us stayed even though it took so long) a little something at least. I for one am in Aquila and haven't really used that pirate because I know that there's not really a whole lot to do there.

Long story short, again I love PvP as much as the next person. But I think that they should either combine storyline updates and PvP (meaning a little of each) in one update. I know it took a VERY long time to make this update and I know that there are a few things to it. But what I've heard that's in it, to me at least, it doesn't SEEM as big as some of the others. I've heard about some stuff and I always see that it says, "And much more!" but wherever I read about the update and what's in it, I always see the same things. So is there more?
Not that I've seen. I empathize. I wish we'd actually had even a lift in the level cap so my bottleneck of pirates could move on, but it didn't happen. Not going to sing the patience song anymore either.

Of the stuff that is in the update, I suppose the new hybrid pets are going to be of the most interest to me. It'll give my stalled out pirates something to do since I don't do PvP and couldn't really be much less interested in it, so this particular update was a disappointment and a bit of a bore for me. The hidden trainers will be nice for my lower level pirates, but why bother to bring the upper levels back to SI for something they won't be able to use for the foreseeable future?

Gauntlets that require 4 people are not much fun if you prefer to do things solo. That goes for the ship gauntlet as well as the nefarious tower. If they'd even set up scaling gauntlets, so if you're alone in-game and want to play in the Smuggler's Arena or something similar, I'd have been marginally excited.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
I think the thing I am most excited about for the update is...

The companion changes! I love Mustang Sally, my valiant and funny little monquistans, my comic watermoles, and more -- and now they will all be able to be more effective in battle. For battles I usually do the 'random' selection for my companions (or sometimes, 'first mate, then random', depending on which character I am playing), and thus combat is going to be more interesting than ever. It does mean that the roster for who goes about hunting for pet treats (and eggs) is going to have to be switched out from time to time...

But, pets! That reminds me, maybe I am most excited about:

New pets! New hybrids! And potentially purring hybrids? Oh, yes, definitely excited about these!

And I know I shall really enjoy the regatta, and learning interesting new skills from the clandestine trainers. Yes, it is going to be fun!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I really like the addition of Ranked PvP, Falmea! It's the best addition we've had yet! At last, we can face other Pirates to up our scores & earn goods! I'll be sure to rise my way up through the ranks very soon!

The other thing I liked is the new nautical gauntlet! It's a great addition, too. We get to clash against other skyway captains to gain plenty of goods & Scrip. Maybe someday, our next nautical gauntlet may end in an epic battle against a giant skyway creature. I would like to see a new nautical gauntlet contain a giant skyway creature to face, almost like the Scylla monster in The Passage.

The other additions, like the changes to the way our companions receive more epic talents are great. This definitely gives them more efficiency in combat, especially through the toughest battles yet. I can still think they will continue to get more epics in higher levels, if the level cap gets upped someday, as well as them continuing to receive more new promotions. & the art books, they were amazing to have! I think they are an amazing new addition! Seeing through the gorgeous concept art images that shaped Pirate101 had swept me away with it's astounding history of how it made the game amazing! I would like to see more concept art pieces added to the art books. There's so many to see, & no doubt that as new worlds get added, new art books based on these new worlds will be up, too.

Maybe the Wizards might want to see the art books in Wizard101, too, someday...

Professor Falmea, I like the additions to P101 so far! Keep up the great additions!

Captain
Jun 26, 2010

Yarrrr, this be great Rank PVP and a Pirate's Regatta this is going to "Blast" Yar Har.

P.S Welcome to the Message Boards Miss Falmea.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Lieutenant
Jun 29, 2011
The lost hoplite class trainer, definitely!

Now, I can FINALLY train relentless! AND Cheapshot!

Flanking, however, I think is useless....

Well, my Pirate friends, thanks for making me feel so welcome! Now that this Summer Update is live (as of Wednesday morning), we're extremely excited for everyone to be able to enjoy all the new and shiny things from Test.

Thanks for all the feedback on all accounts. Those of you who weren't as interested in what we added this time, we're definitely discussing some different things for next time. Hopefully that will be more up yarrrrr alley!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Professor Falmea on Aug 7, 2015 wrote:
Well, my Pirate friends, thanks for making me feel so welcome! Now that this Summer Update is live (as of Wednesday morning), we're extremely excited for everyone to be able to enjoy all the new and shiny things from Test.

Thanks for all the feedback on all accounts. Those of you who weren't as interested in what we added this time, we're definitely discussing some different things for next time. Hopefully that will be more up yarrrrr alley!
Ye be welcome! I'm glad ye're gettin' the spirit of it! Har!

To be honest, I would really like to have our main class trainers continue with giving out new quests that reward pirates their exclusive powers after level 25, & should continue traditionally for every 10 levels, almost like how you & the rest of Ravenwood's Professors do, & still do today. I would really like to see that. Our trainers still got plenty of lessons to teach & stories to unfold.

Plus, I do really like our companions receiving more Epic Talents through leveling with promotions, but, I would like to see our companions receive many more new Powers, & not just counting those gained from their promotion quests, including custom-made ones to Bonnie Anne & Ratbeard, & I would think the way our companions receive more powers besides what I mentioned should be a more refined way of earning them through quests, like how Gracie Conrad received hers in "Anarchy in the MB!"(honestly, that doesn't even feel like a real promotion to her, nor does it even count to be a "mini-promotion" to me).

Ensign
Mar 04, 2010
Professor Falmea on Aug 7, 2015 wrote:

Welcome Professor,

Not going to rehash old news here. I hope you are discussing a team-up kiosk. Sorely needed. When I want to take a break from my farming I like to help out lower level pirates do the more difficult dungeons. At this time it is impossible to travel the spiral checking each dungeon for those who may need or want help. Clone the W101 team-up kiosk and ship it over. One of the best ideas I have seen in W101 and P101 needs it badly.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
crowmagus on Aug 11, 2015 wrote:
Welcome Professor,

Not going to rehash old news here. I hope you are discussing a team-up kiosk. Sorely needed. When I want to take a break from my farming I like to help out lower level pirates do the more difficult dungeons. At this time it is impossible to travel the spiral checking each dungeon for those who may need or want help. Clone the W101 team-up kiosk and ship it over. One of the best ideas I have seen in W101 and P101 needs it badly.
agreed! team -up kiosk is addictive in a positive way!
stormy jen