Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Grizzly Pack problem and possible bug(s)

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Hello Bonnie & Jack!

I had an issue concerning my purchasing of those Grizzly Beast Booster Packs. Well the amount that I purchased is a bit concerning...but that's a different story. I am going to email support about the possible bug(s) but I wanted to post here as well, just so other players may read it & hopefully not run into the same problems.

I purchased about 60,000-70,000 Crowns worth of Grizzly Packs with 3 of my pirates & wanted to transfer all of the 100's of wonderful high ranked snacks & pet gear (to sell, mostly) to my 'maxed, mighty-morphing pirate'. So I went to their houses & began transferring the Snacks & Pet Gear into my Shared Bank. First there's a bit of an 'issue or inconvenience' when transferring Snacks/Gear, when you have multiple pages of them. When wanting to transfer from page 2 or 3, after every snack transferred, it jumps back to page one which can make transferring a bit of a hassle. But that's just an incovenience. I thought all of the transferring was going well, but didn't really bother checking my Shared Bank after my first 2 pirates were done-- as I've never encountered any issues of any kind when transferring snacks/gear. After my 3rd pirate, I decided to check my Shared Bank & look at my Snack & Pet Gear super stash. When I checked only a few Snacks successfully transferred & zero Pet Gear successfully transferred. So basically I lost at least a couple hundred of each during the transfer process. I logged into other pirates & out of the game & back on to see if they would then show up, but they didn't. So I guess they just went 'poof'. Or possibly there is a limit on Snacks/Pet Gear slots that can be used (or the overall total number of combined Snacks/Pet Gear) & once I start to take the couple that did transfer out-- the other ones will possibly start to show up, perhaps? I may check that out later.

But I just wanted to see if this was an issue that other players had & if contacting support was necessary, which I'm sure it is.

Also I surprisingly received +5 companion training points from the Grizzly Packs on one of my pirates that had no bears. I have purchased probably close to a thousand (or more) of those packs & never saw any +5 points rewards. I do believe that I saw some +1 & maybe +3 points on my maxed pirate, but only after I had the majority of the bears. I know that they were a regular 'reward' from the Tribal Packs & I had racked up 150+ of them from those packs. But that is the first +5 that I saw in possibly close to a thousand Grizzly Packs. I've seen others on the boards say that it meant that they were supposed to receive a bear, but I thought maybe that was just wishful thinking.

Just wanted to know if you had any insight on this, as well as the lost Snacks/Pet Gear issue.

Thank you very much and I apologize for the very long post, but even when I try to keep it short & sweet, my thoughts tend to take over. Thanks again & I'll send the email to support as well.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Hi Bonnie, just wanted to let you know that the issue 'resolved' itself.

It appears that there is some sort of cap on how many combined Snacks & Pet Gear the Shared Bank can hold at once. I began to slowly transfer some of the Snacks that did successfully get placed into the Shared Bank, into my 'chosen' pirates backpack. As I did a new stack of Snacks (from the Grizzly pack transfers) would show up in it's place. I guess that because of the 'cap' the items are hidden and once you clear some of the other ones, the hidden ones will show up. I was able to recover all of the transferred Snacks and once they had decreased in numbers, from the Shared Bank, the 'hidden' & transferred Pet Gear began to show up, as well. I was then able to transfer all of them successfully.

So it seems it's just a hidden cap, but the items still do actually transfer...they just don't appear until more room is made in the Shared Bank (it appears only the Snack/Gear, tab/area of it-- as moving items from the backpack part didn't make the hidden items show up...I think)

So, fortunately everything is fine and dandy now, as far as the Snacks/Gear goes.

I'd still be interested to hear any insight in regards to the +5 Companion Training Points from Grizzly Packs, on a pirate with 0 bears, and as to whether that is a 'bug' and if so, should I contact Support about it.

Thank you again for taking the time to read my overly long posts!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
And also, Ratbeard...if you have a spare moment and IF those PvP folks leave you alone for just a second or two, could you please respond as to whether this is an actual bug, an unintended 'wrinkle/side affect' or a 'working as planned' aspect of the Shared Bank feature-- in regards to the 'hidden' cap on Snacks/Pet Gear, and items over the cap not showing up as being successfully transferred, and then showing up later, as we remove some of the Snacks/Gear.

Just curious so I can help spread the word, in case someone else happens to encounter this situation and have questions/concerns about it.

Thanks in advance.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jul 31, 2015 wrote:
Hi Bonnie, just wanted to let you know that the issue 'resolved' itself.

It appears that there is some sort of cap on how many combined Snacks & Pet Gear the Shared Bank can hold at once. I began to slowly transfer some of the Snacks that did successfully get placed into the Shared Bank, into my 'chosen' pirates backpack. As I did a new stack of Snacks (from the Grizzly pack transfers) would show up in it's place. I guess that because of the 'cap' the items are hidden and once you clear some of the other ones, the hidden ones will show up. I was able to recover all of the transferred Snacks and once they had decreased in numbers, from the Shared Bank, the 'hidden' & transferred Pet Gear began to show up, as well. I was then able to transfer all of them successfully.

So it seems it's just a hidden cap, but the items still do actually transfer...they just don't appear until more room is made in the Shared Bank (it appears only the Snack/Gear, tab/area of it-- as moving items from the backpack part didn't make the hidden items show up...I think)

So, fortunately everything is fine and dandy now, as far as the Snacks/Gear goes.

I'd still be interested to hear any insight in regards to the +5 Companion Training Points from Grizzly Packs, on a pirate with 0 bears, and as to whether that is a 'bug' and if so, should I contact Support about it.

Thank you again for taking the time to read my overly long posts!
Indigo got that with one of his pirates who is bear-less as well. Hmmm...