Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Hide isn't "To Op"

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
First of all before any random "easy for you to say try not being a swashbuckler you would fail" and whatever you throw at me let me say I play other classes. Ok First of all everyone says hide is x2 damage actually its times two weapon power. and that's completely different My base damage is some where around three hundred when in hide its more around five hundred so that's pretty much more like plus 66.66% of base damage give take situation. Second of all have you seen good swashbucklers they use charges, forts, heals, and purge. Hide is still their unique thing the black fog and all as x2 distance is Buccaneer unique and their best of it Highland charge. Second of all hide isn't a guarantee win. You can counter it with a fort or leviathan, often even a kraken, or just hide yourself. Isn't it a pain to think that if you hide for double weapon power on one attack your foe will buff to take half damage on all attacks, for five rounds. Secondly Black fog instead of reducing damage by half instead makes it that half of all damage can't hit you when hidden only aoe's can while direct melee can't. So this puts it on par with a poorly placed Fort now a well placed Fort might be on a high vengeance strike ally who runs into first strike enemies of course he's probably going to take two hundred damage and deal like nine hundred. And a well used Hide stacked with an assassin will deal more it all balances out. Hide isn't a oh he fogged I'm going to lose thing several times I haven't had fog up and when I get mass attacked I don't get it to last round yet still win. Lets say your a Buck you throw a highland and peter throws a wail the enemy swashbuckler threw a fog, Well played! you tricked the swashbuckler to use his only fog at terrible timing XD. It takes three round for him to get near you and then they can only get Barnabus. mean while they where running over you throw a leviathan on and do tons of strength buff. as soon as there captain is out of hide you charge straight at him with over three hundred health go charge all of you get glancing relentless relentless blade storm relentless bladestorm swashbuckler dies o. o look at this his companions only had one super hit now they deal very little damage since he didn't buff easy kill. Gg! And if you throw out what if he misses! well first of all high prime stats makes really high accuracy and relentless and critical if he misses on relentless chain from glancing he'll continue it on the actual charge. Pretty balanced isn't it?

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
Quite Jacques on Jul 15, 2015 wrote:
First of all before any random "easy for you to say try not being a swashbuckler you would fail" and whatever you throw at me let me say I play other classes. Ok First of all everyone says hide is x2 damage actually its times two weapon power. and that's completely different My base damage is some where around three hundred when in hide its more around five hundred so that's pretty much more like plus 66.66% of base damage give take situation. Second of all have you seen good swashbucklers they use charges, forts, heals, and purge. Hide is still their unique thing the black fog and all as x2 distance is Buccaneer unique and their best of it Highland charge. Second of all hide isn't a guarantee win. You can counter it with a fort or leviathan, often even a kraken, or just hide yourself. Isn't it a pain to think that if you hide for double weapon power on one attack your foe will buff to take half damage on all attacks, for five rounds. Secondly Black fog instead of reducing damage by half instead makes it that half of all damage can't hit you when hidden only aoe's can while direct melee can't. So this puts it on par with a poorly placed Fort now a well placed Fort might be on a high vengeance strike ally who runs into first strike enemies of course he's probably going to take two hundred damage and deal like nine hundred. And a well used Hide stacked with an assassin will deal more it all balances out. Hide isn't a oh he fogged I'm going to lose thing several times I haven't had fog up and when I get mass attacked I don't get it to last round yet still win. Lets say your a Buck you throw a highland and peter throws a wail the enemy swashbuckler threw a fog, Well played! you tricked the swashbuckler to use his only fog at terrible timing XD. It takes three round for him to get near you and then they can only get Barnabus. mean while they where running over you throw a leviathan on and do tons of strength buff. as soon as there captain is out of hide you charge straight at him with over three hundred health go charge all of you get glancing relentless relentless blade storm relentless bladestorm swashbuckler dies o. o look at this his companions only had one super hit now they deal very little damage since he didn't buff easy kill. Gg! And if you throw out what if he misses! well first of all high prime stats makes really high accuracy and relentless and critical if he misses on relentless chain from glancing he'll continue it on the actual charge. Pretty balanced isn't it?
Well said! I think the match we had proved your point. With your valor's fortress, my hidden assassin's strike didn't do enough to kill you even when you were at about 900 health. Then you were able to turn it around and beat me.

Leviathan's Lament and Valor's Fortress are perfect counters. Even hiding yourself is best. It makes you untarget-able and you can attack for double weapon power damage when the swashbuckler's hide runs out of turns to use.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
FireMorgan13 on Jul 15, 2015 wrote:
Well said! I think the match we had proved your point. With your valor's fortress, my hidden assassin's strike didn't do enough to kill you even when you were at about 900 health. Then you were able to turn it around and beat me.

Leviathan's Lament and Valor's Fortress are perfect counters. Even hiding yourself is best. It makes you untarget-able and you can attack for double weapon power damage when the swashbuckler's hide runs out of turns to use.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65
Aye, he speaks the truth. I witnessed the match myself (and quite a match it was). I wholeheartedly agree with both of you.

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
Couldn't agree more

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
i thought the fog discussion was over a long time ago

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2012
Honestly I have a buckler not max quite yet but he just got fog and i am thinking it should be either weapon power or being untargetable. I have almost every class maxed and it is very hard to counter fog, I try to find ways around it but i would like having the feeling of "oh i can hit them before they can hit me or they can sneak up to me and be deadly but not AS deadly making things more even. Being untargetable and double damage should be seperate powers.

Ensign
Mar 17, 2011
Isn't your pirate that level 32 player who spams max levels to 1v1?

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
hunter spell caste... on Jul 16, 2015 wrote:
Isn't your pirate that level 32 player who spams max levels to 1v1?
I don't have a level 32 and what? spams max levels how can a low level do that?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Quite Jacques on Jul 16, 2015 wrote:
I don't have a level 32 and what? spams max levels how can a low level do that?
I think he means that this level 32 is spamming doubloons on max levels and winning that way.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I also saw this bout and it was edge of your seat exciting! Both opponents had strategy and used their powers well. I even thought that it would be "gg" for Quiet Jacques with that last assassins, but with the Valor's Fortress, Jacques pull out a last minute win! Supremely well done for both!

Lieutenant
Jul 23, 2013
Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
coconut pirate on Jul 21, 2015 wrote:
Hi Jacques

~Clever Finnigan Voss~
Hey Finn O: