Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

I'm glad you guys are giving us UPDATES! :D

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
Firenzian, Clandestine Trainer

Secret trainer...
They're a centaur, like Nausica...
Could give melee attacks for ranged weapons, or even ranged attacks for melee weapons.
Or maybe some buffs. Witchdoctors could really use a Spell Power buff.

Ship dungeon?
I like the idea of it, but Skull Island is my least favorite world (by looks). I do have a pretty good ship, though, and I'm max nautical level, so I could do some good in there. More scrip sounds nice.

I'm not confident that this is a story update, but I'm alright as long as there's new stuff to help my pirate improve.

Are you guys satisfied with this side-content-stuff? I am hoping that the actual story update won't take too long after this update comes in.

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
AndrewDeathblade11... on Jul 10, 2015 wrote:

Secret trainer...
Could give melee attacks for ranged weapons, or even ranged attacks for melee weapons.

Ship dungeon?
I like the idea of it, but Skull Island is my least favorite world (by looks). I do have a pretty good ship, though, and I'm max nautical level, so I could do some good in there. More scrip sounds nice.

I'm not confident that this is a story update, but I'm alright as long as there's new stuff to help my pirate improve.

Are you guys satisfied with this side-content-stuff? I am hoping that the actual story update won't take too long after this update comes in.
The upcoming update looks like a lot of fun!

Interesting: Clandestine means secret usually because what they teach is against law or custom(check google for a more exact definition). That most likely means we'll get talents that our class normally wouldn't get. ex: privateer with riposte possibly.

The ship dungeon looks interesting. I have a Haunted Galleon and my nautical level is max, so it should be a fun dungeon.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65

Petty Officer
Oct 24, 2012
AndrewDeathblade11... on Jul 10, 2015 wrote:

Secret trainer...

Ship dungeon?

Frankly - no I'm not satisfied. Not at all. The bottom line is that people play MMOs mostly for the story, and that is the main reason I play them. I never use any of the side content. I don't do PVP or anything like that. To me, this stuff is useless, and I'm sure it is to most people. Yes, I'm glad we're finally getting our first update in 7 months, and it is welcome that we're seeing new content, it's just disappointing that the one thing that we all want is still not ready. I appreciate the huge amounts of work that go in to story updates... but 2 years? That seems like a ridiculous wait... And also, we all want Book 15, so what have the P101 team done since the last update? Focus on side-content, that maybe half of players will use... However, as I say, I appreciate the fact that we are getting new content, and I am very happy and grateful for all KingsIsle have done for us, however, I just wish there was better communication with the players and if they could get their priorities in order.

I am still convinced, however, that Book 15 is waiting to be sprung on us. It seems in-feasible, to me, that in the last 7 months they have focused all of their efforts on to side content, where-as their money isn't made from side-content, is made from people buying crowns or paying membership to carry on the story. If they haven't done their darnest in the last 7 months to push a story update, then they've seriously lost money. I also find it difficult to imagine Book 15 taking any more time than 2 years, especially, as I say, due to the 7 month wait since last update. And Blind Mew did state that they started Book 15 before the release of Marleybone and Aquila. Not to mention, his surprise at it taking another year, as stated in a forum post - a milestone that's not far off.

Overall, I'm not overly impressed by side-content but am grateful to KI for adding content and improvements to the game, I just wish we could have story, and am convince that it must be coming!

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2012
What if the trainers are for completing the ship dungeon? Instead of scrip for finishing it (which we probably get from the ships anyways) When you complete a final boss perhaps like the scylla it allows an entrance to this cave. You go into the cave to see what is inside. Oh, there are people stuck in here and they can train you yay :D.

Ensign
Jul 16, 2013
It looks a little like ship pvp but i may be wrong.

Petty Officer
Jul 22, 2013
I would be really disappointed if there isn't no story update and I might actually just move to Wizard101 if there isn't a story update because I've been waiting for a long time for a story and I was excited when they said it was coming soon and as of now I have my membership on going to help support Kingisle but if it isn't an update I might wonder some else where. I am worried that after the story update it will take another two years to do another one which is going to be a let down and I am probably am going to be tired of waiting for so long. I think this game is special and that it could make a lot of money but only with the right attention like in Wizard101 and I love the storyline behind Pirate101 because it teaches me things but one can wait for such a long time until they need to let it go and move on to a new game. I love this game and it makes me smile during rough time but whats a game without new content. I know most people would tell me to level up other characters but I've done the storyline and I know what is to come so it is actually boring and it feels like I am force to do it.
~David Percy

Petty Officer
Feb 29, 2012
David percy on Jul 12, 2015 wrote:
I would be really disappointed if there isn't no story update and I might actually just move to Wizard101 if there isn't a story update because I've been waiting for a long time for a story and I was excited when they said it was coming soon and as of now I have my membership on going to help support Kingisle but if it isn't an update I might wonder some else where. I am worried that after the story update it will take another two years to do another one which is going to be a let down and I am probably am going to be tired of waiting for so long. I think this game is special and that it could make a lot of money but only with the right attention like in Wizard101 and I love the storyline behind Pirate101 because it teaches me things but one can wait for such a long time until they need to let it go and move on to a new game. I love this game and it makes me smile during rough time but whats a game without new content. I know most people would tell me to level up other characters but I've done the storyline and I know what is to come so it is actually boring and it feels like I am force to do it.
~David Percy
Same here. This is so sad. I just wish there could be a story update...