Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Those Clouds in Skyways

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
I really don't like the big, opaque mass of cloud in skyways. The background of Aragon Skyway is really beautiful, but then they just put this huge, unshaded blob of green in it. I really wish you guys removed that, or if that's too much, make it just transparent. Something that would look less ugly would be only small bits of that stuff scattered around the skyway, but not one huge piece of it covering the whole thing. When it's that far under us, the small designs in it look even smaller, and it just looks like fabric.

Corrupt Lucas Vries
__Level 65
__Underworlder

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
There are two levels of clouds in all of the skyways. If you lower your display detail it will remove the top layer.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
AndrewDeathblade11... on Jun 24, 2015 wrote:
I really don't like the big, opaque mass of cloud in skyways. The background of Aragon Skyway is really beautiful, but then they just put this huge, unshaded blob of green in it. I really wish you guys removed that, or if that's too much, make it just transparent. Something that would look less ugly would be only small bits of that stuff scattered around the skyway, but not one huge piece of it covering the whole thing. When it's that far under us, the small designs in it look even smaller, and it just looks like fabric.

Corrupt Lucas Vries
__Level 65
__Underworlder
If you don't like the clouds, you can adjust them in the options.

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
Max DeGroot on Jun 24, 2015 wrote:
There are two levels of clouds in all of the skyways. If you lower your display detail it will remove the top layer.
How do I force my graphics and geometry details to actually lower? You know how it says you changed that setting but the detail doesn't change for a while? I tried logging in and out, but nothing happened.

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
Well, low detail didn't really solve the problem, but I had clouds all the way off, and turning them on made skyways look 120% cooler.