Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New Classes?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jun 22, 2014
Hey KI, any plans on adding new classes to Pirate101 because I have a great idea for a new class, called Engineer. The Engineer class powers can include from building mines, turrets, golems, etc. The Engineer class main weapon will be shooty weapons (like the Musketeers), but these shooty weapons could focus on Will instead of Agility. So what do you think Ki, will you consider this idea?

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Pirate Master on Jun 19, 2015 wrote:
Hey KI, any plans on adding new classes to Pirate101 because I have a great idea for a new class, called Engineer. The Engineer class powers can include from building mines, turrets, golems, etc. The Engineer class main weapon will be shooty weapons (like the Musketeers), but these shooty weapons could focus on Will instead of Agility. So what do you think Ki, will you consider this idea?
I don't know about a new class, but maybe there could be sub-classes. Like you can be a swash, for example, and have to chose between two different trees of talents that change and enhance gameplay in different ways.

Ensign
May 20, 2012
What would be a pretty cool kind of extra class would be if the Wizard101 schools were able to enhance your powers and talents. Just think of how cool it would be if your pirate could learn the different forms of magic form wiz.

Ensign
Jan 21, 2013
I don't think there should be a new main class. But maybe a sub class. As mentioned above. Such as the astral and shadow schools in wizard101! Maybe an engineering school would be cool. It would definitely be taught in marleybone. That would be fun! They would mainly be summons most likely. Like summon turret (a defensive mechanism). Also like summon gollem (such as the one gracie conrad has). That would be fun. Another fun one would be mercenary. This could be a school that doesnt give you powers but is sort of like the jewel system in wizard101, just no equipping. You would be able to train extra talents to enhance your weapons and if you get enough mercenary training points (a special point you get), you could even attach maybe an attack or epic to your weapon (such as follow through(axe of the minotaur lords)). This school would most likely be taught in grizzelheim or polaris, due to their nordric like feel, i can see myself walking into a blacksmith's tent and getting special talents for my weapon! Great Idea

Au Revoir!

JackThePirate

Ensign
Jul 07, 2012
Yea, sub-classes like auras and stuff like celestial powers would be a good idea. or and engineer class you're talking about could be an add on, or an advanced class for a musketeer?

Joshua

Petty Officer
Jun 22, 2014
Great to hear all of your opinions. Bonnie Anne, One-Eyed Jack, Ratbeard, what are your opinions about my idea.

Petty Officer
Apr 21, 2012
Any new class would best work as a side class. Adding another at the beginning would require adding new gear, teacher, powers, and companions. something that would be hard to implement.

Lieutenant
Feb 08, 2014
Pirate Master on Jun 19, 2015 wrote:
I made one type like that one, Pirate Master.My type is called Artillerist.They focus mostly on bombs, traps and other things

Ensign
May 10, 2011
A sub class would be great. Like maybe astral classes like in Wizard101? Shadows too. Adding a main class would be too much work and probably take months to create. You would have to update a place and add a school for it, adding companions of that class and other things.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
I definitely think a new class should be added. If you compare Wizard101 and Pirate101 in terms of "replayability," Wizard101 offers at least 15% more hours (seven versus five classes to level through the game).

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
It's a really great idea it just can't be a class because the game is too far developed but I would reccomend it as a sub class