Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Which place in Cool Ranch would you shorten??

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 16, 2014
Hey guys!!! I haven't posted in a long while but I'm back!!! So I finish my pirate last night and all of a sudden I was thinking of Cool Ranch!!! I realized how long it took me to completed it and I would love to shorten it!! They need to shorten Big sky!!! You don't know how much I hate ship battles!!! So you can tell me which places you reeeeeeeeeeally wanna shorten!!!
Happy Sailin' and see ya in the spiral!!!
Friendly Taylor Silver Lvl 65

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
I hated helping out the bison spirits so I wish they would shorten that or minimize the bum balloon fights.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
SnazzySwashbuckler... on May 23, 2015 wrote:
Hey guys!!! I haven't posted in a long while but I'm back!!! So I finish my pirate last night and all of a sudden I was thinking of Cool Ranch!!! I realized how long it took me to completed it and I would love to shorten it!! They need to shorten Big sky!!! You don't know how much I hate ship battles!!! So you can tell me which places you reeeeeeeeeeally wanna shorten!!!
Hello and welcome back to the message boards friend!

All in all I actually very much enjoyed all of Cool Ranch, especially the journey through it. I understand that Pirates would get impatient after 4 whole books in the same Stormgate, but I don't mind at all, since that means more story for me :)
If there were one place in particular I'd have to shorten, it would be Miranda. An obvious choice would be to cut down on the cards but I'm not sure that it'd be an easy task for KI, since all of the card quests are actually quite fun and very interesting. In fact I'd say Miranda is the most interesting and fun place in Cool Ranch- it's a LITERAL ghost town! My suggestions would be take out the beginning fight with the Skeletal pirates, and the fight with the ghost of the mayor [I believe he was the mayor, or maybe a sheriff or governor]. Maybe shortening the Mag 7 Quest by finding an easier way to get to Billy the Kid [because I swear to god those fights took me SOOO many tries because I'm bad], but again it wouldn't be too easy for KI to just take out a whole chunk of Cool Ranch.
Hope you have a fantastic week!

Cpt. Cruel Owen Quarrel, Level 65 Savior of Miranda [and enthusiast of Miranda Migas]

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
SnazzySwashbuckler... on May 23, 2015 wrote:
I would cut out the English Bill story completely; what purpose does he serve in the storyline?

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
anecorbie on May 24, 2015 wrote:
I would cut out the English Bill story completely; what purpose does he serve in the storyline?
I imagine that he connects back to darkmoore (if/when that is released), that's how some classes get characters like Tonka, and he has some pretty good loot. He is collaborating with Deacon, meaning the armada is involved, which could come into the story later.

Ensign
Apr 20, 2012
ALL OF IT.
Jk but i'd love if Cool Ranch and Valencia swapped places time wise.

I'd cut out The Bisons,Duck and The Seven

-Silver Talon Ire Lv. 60

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
I feel like the bisons were way too dependant on us so I would shorten the time kith the bisons
Also I would shortened the whole of the first skyway it's a while before you actually establish yourself in another skyway

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I really liked Cool Ranch -- I would not shorten any more if it than has already gotten the chop.

Lieutenant
Jul 23, 2013
Overall, Cool Ranch imo was pretty cool. The theme especially Doritos....... Jk

If I could shorten one aspect of Cool Ranch, it would be to decrease ship battles and bumbleoon fights. Also, I'd like to maybe shorten our time in Arroyo Grande. To me, going there seems a little bit redundant or pointless. That's just me though. I'm sure others enjoyed it

~Clever Finnigan Voss~

Ensign
Jun 16, 2014
Willowydream on Aug 10, 2015 wrote:
I really liked Cool Ranch -- I would not shorten any more if it than has already gotten the chop.

I LOVE Cool Ranch very much but it just took me a while to complete it.

Ensign
Jun 12, 2015
Duke of Westminste... on May 24, 2015 wrote:
I hated helping out the bison spirits so I wish they would shorten that or minimize the bum balloon fights.
those buffaloons are SO ANNOYING. I am a privateer, fyi

Ensign
Jun 12, 2015
SnazzySwashbuckler... on Aug 22, 2015 wrote:
I LOVE Cool Ranch very much but it just took me a while to complete it.
same here. I haven't even finished

Lieutenant
May 26, 2013
Nothing, the whole world was awesome fo me

Ensign
Apr 26, 2012
I would shorten Part 1 of Cool Ranch which is the Duck of Death storyline, it was REALLY long and even more longer than Tumbleweed and Haunted.

Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
Definitely Port Regal and some parts of the Duck of Death chapter, and maybe some parts in the Magnificent Seven chapter.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I honestly like Cool Ranch as it is, reasonably adventurous, no need to cut down on adventures & story.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Wait... actually, there is something that could use some shortening... during the side quest, "Basic Training", in Fort McMurtry, one of it's quest goals had us battling against Sky Snake Queens in Haunted Skyway, & it was a big pain & a struggle to defeat 6 Sky Snake Queens. I think that should be changed to have us battling any type of Sky Snakes in the Haunted Skyway, including the Bone Snakes & regular Sky Snakes. That would be a big breather.

Petty Officer
Oct 31, 2012
I think Cool Ranch was about the right length where as Monquista, Valencia, Mooshu, Marelybones and Aquila were far too short. I really got into Cool Ranch myself and became obsessed with finding Captain Blood. Best storyline so far I think?

Ensign
Mar 27, 2012
Silver Talon Ire on May 25, 2015 wrote:
ALL OF IT.
Jk but i'd love if Cool Ranch and Valencia swapped places time wise.

I'd cut out The Bisons,Duck and The Seven

-Silver Talon Ire Lv. 60
same
but if you`d switch cr and valencia, cr would have to be longer then the current valencia is.

Petty Officer
Jun 19, 2014
i would have either big sky or santo pollo

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
I would say the number of ships to be defeated in a sidequest.It involves to defeat two different factions and the number is very high,for a sidequest. At least do the same for the sidequests,like balance the difficulty.

For the main quest, no offense however if it got any easier than it is now.It might annoy veteran players and might say " What happened to the challenges ? " For now in my opinon,it's a balanced challenge for veteran and new players alike.

Petty Officer
Sep 02, 2015
Ahoy there pirates!
Cool Ranch was a pretty fun world, especially at the end, but I would shorten Big Sky. The totem hunting took a pretty long time. Also, The amount of ship battles should be cut down. A lot of them are just extra battles.